Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Peace Maker by MINAGAWA Ryouji

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Peace Maker by MINAGAWA Ryouji

Well, I started to read this manga from the beginning but since scans were slow I kinda dropped it. Somehow I had this feeling to pick this manga up. It's a western manga published in ultra jump

Content:

Tale of a lone gunman named Hope Emerson, the son of legendary gunfighter Peace Emerson. Known for the Spot Burst Shot, a technique that involves the firing of multiple bullets at a rapid pace while fanning the revolver's hammer. Emerson gets drawn into a mysterious conflict when he defeats a gunslinger named Hans "Grim Reaper" Giles in a duel after surviving a gunshot due to his bulletproof jacket. Hans had been part of a private mercenary force known as the Crimson Executioners, raised by millionaire Phillip Crimson.

A useful link: Peace Maker

The art is great. The characters are great. The story is great. Give it a shot

So anyone else reading this? Any comments?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peace Maker by MINAGAWA Ryouji

I've read the first 10? volumes. Just the stuff that's scanned. The protagonist is similar to Vash of Trigun or Kenshin of Rurouni Kenshin. I'm personally not fond of the "no killing" mentality. Thankfully in Peace Maker, he kills when he has to. So far for me the story has been decent at best. The characters are okay if not a bit shallow. I'm not too fond of the art style and the girl's face is atrocious 99% of the time. Imo, it lacks the spirit of the wild west.

Emerald by Hiroaki Samura is far better as a wild west story. In every aspect.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=6459

Peace Maker's okay but it's not amazing or anything. I actually dropped it because I couldn't stand the attitude of the main character. It's like he's great and he knows it but he tries to suck so that there's a little suspense in the story.

I'll stick with Musashi and Guts thank you.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fxu's Avatar
    Country
    Uruguay
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean it's a story about the Old West... "western manga" sounds like the guy who did it was from the west (usa/canada) :P

I'll try it out.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fxu View Post
    You mean it's a story about the Old West... "western manga" sounds like the guy who did it was from the west (usa/canada) :P

I'll try it out.
    Don't know if it was a question to me since I wrote western manga - I mean manga about western (the cowboys, shooting, etc)... I love it because it has great pages with nice shooting scenes
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member yal's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I only checked the raws so far and it looked at least interesting. Once there's more being scanlated I'll hop onto it. From what I've deciphered from the raw it seems to belong into the "classical western" sub-genre (good hero etc.) and Emerald more into the "Spaghetti western" (aka Italo-Western) sub-genre.
    Manga Recommendations:
    - AP: Moonlight, Berserk, Biomega, Blade of the Immortal, Blood Alone, Bokko, Cesare, Dangu, Eden, Freesia, Genshiken, Kiseijuu, Historie, Homunculus, Hourou Musuko, Leviathan, Lone Wolf and Cub, Mercenary Pierre, MPD Psycho, Mushishi, Pilgrim Jäger, Real, Samurai Executioner, Shigurui, Sidooh, SWWEEET, The World Is Mine, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, What a Wonderful World, et. al..

New Reply