Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's predict: NYCC licenses

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's predict: NYCC licenses

What good WSJ is ready for licensing? Neuro and ToRA should come over, anything else is either licensed or a year away. Old series don't seem to do to well unless there by a well known mangaka. I would like to see SQ series come over. VIZ seems to loves Fujisaki and Watsuki, Shiki and Embalming could be the next Shonen Jump series.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 10, 2009 at 08:03 PM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do get some people preference seinen but there are still good shonen out there that could be done by Viz. Just bring over Neuro (and Kenichi for those who like that series...and maybe ZKC cause I may want to try that) and I'll be happy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is good shonen out there but the market was over saturated. Even a year ago that was the only thing getting licensed. There's a lot more variety in book stores now, which has been a lot more fun. It would be nice to see series that there clearly is a market for, like Kenichi or Neuro, licensed.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    There is good shonen out there but the market was over saturated. Even a year ago that was the only thing getting licensed. There's a lot more variety in book stores now, which has been a lot more fun. It would be nice to see series that there clearly is a market for, like Kenichi or Neuro, licensed.
    It hasn't really been that saturated as of late. There hardly were any shonen series starting in '08, at least in Viz's line. (though I do agree they did oversaturate with the Jump line...but a lot of it was Naruto) Series have been ending and will continue to end this year and I sort of just wish they would take a chance on a couple more shonen that have emerged aside from stuff that they try to push (Slam Dunk) or know will probably be the next big thing on both sides (Tegami Bachi) or...I have no idea why they did it (NORA). That's sort of why I've been antsy over something like Neuro, which I know can have support if seen in the right way, hasn't been done as of yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nora confused me. Who made that decision? Hard to believe two volumes are already in English. Last year was the year they really cut back, Nora aside their were fewer less known or obscure series like their had been in past years. Now that a number of SQ series have enough volume for licensing, and the new Jump series getting closer, things could change in 2010. Not so sure Sunday will get any help >.<

Now that Yen is starting to license more Gangan series, it would be nice if someone gave Kadokawa Shoten a little more love. Shonen Ace has some amazing series and is virtually untapped. Licensed Deadman Wonderland would be amazing. And I'm still pissed Del Ray continues to ignore ShoMag.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles Loves You View Post
    good shonen jump
    good one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Wild life will be Licenses by Viz or Del

Wild Life by fujisaki masato i love that ... i wonder it will be licenses any time since Wild life have 24 volume (it is completed and not sure 24 volume.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote they won't license anything new. (From Jump that is)
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

well it's long since over, so by any means you were right randal..... in hindsight.. so not really... but... i'm lost now

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2