Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 88 Review by Super Angillis

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 88 Review by Super Angillis

Claymore Chapter 88- Blind Hunters

The Cast-
    Claire-The main character. Currently hanging out with Sir Not Appearing in this movie

Deneve- The Dual Wielding, Regenerating member of the Ghosts. She tends to be the common sense when paired with Helen.

Helen- The non common sense one. She’s having a bad time of it this chapter.

Dietrich- Little miss exposition this chapter. Too bad she didn’t exposit sooner.

Isley- A creature of the Abyss and one of the most powerful creatures in the Claymore
    world. Except he’s found delicious by the…

Abyss Feeders- Or as I called them Zombie Claymore Strippers, ZCS for short.

Helen Has A Bad Day-

We open with the ZCS literally leaping into the fight between Helen and Deneve against Isley. Helen takes one look at the ZCS, and takes a swing only to lose her arm as the ZCS grows a blade out her neck. She then loses an eye, and very nearly her life as the ZCS grows more blades, but Deneve saves her. Deneve gets saved by Dietrich, who tells her not to move, or make any sounds. The ZCS leaves, and Dietrich tells them that they can move, but they have to move slowly.
    Well the Chapter starts off poorly for Helen. She gets to be how we learn just what the ZCS can do, being able to morph weapons out of there flesh from just about anywhere, and being able to move very quickly. Dietrich shows her worth again by jumping in and saving Deneve. But as we’ll soon see, this isn’t even the ZCS true strength…

The Things That Wouldn’t Die-

We then cut to a fully transformed Isley pinning a ZCS to the ground with his lance. And around him lie three other ZCS, torn to pieces. But the impaled ZCS doesn’t seem to be to upset about being run through. Rather she starts hugging and licking the Lance, giving rise to all kinds of innuendo. Isley gets disgusted and splats her against a nearby wall. She just peels herself off and regenerates. And the other torn up ones regenerate as well, leading Deneve to wonder if they are immortal. Isley sprays the place with his arrows, and Dietrich states that they should be leaving, as the town is done for. Dietrich tells Helen and Deneve that the ZCS can regenerate at an incredible rate as long as there heads are intact, and they always protect there heads. Then she drops a bombshell. The ZCS were created by the Organization to combat the Creatures of the Abyss!
    We now see that the true strength of the ZCS is that they have absurd regeneration. Even losing most of there bodies only slows them down, they will regenerate in minutes. And not even Isley can kill them easily despite his considerable destructive power. They only have one weak point, the head, and it seems to be hard to actually hit them in the head. If they have been chasing Isley for a while, no wonder he’s been in a bad mood. As for their origins…

Does The Org Ever Yell “It’s Alive”?-
    [URL=http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orgsmadyq6.jpg][/URL
    After they get some distance, and are downwind, the trio stops to see how there doing. Helen has got her arm reattached, but might not be able to regenerate the eye. And Deneve wants Dietrich to tell them just what the hell the ZCS are. Dietrich explains that the Organization used the flesh of the eleven Awakened Beings to hybridize eleven girls rather than Yoma flesh. And they made something truly monstrous. Stripped of the sense of self, these new creatures were blinded and trained to think of just one scent as food. Isley. All they do is chase the scent of that food.
    Back at the fight Isley losses an arm, and a few of the ZCS rip the stitches off their mouths to start chowing down. The others close in on Isley.
    Well we find out just where the ZCS come from, and the proper name for them. They are Abyss Eaters, created to kill Isley. And there mere existence proves that any claims the Organization makes about destroying Yoma for peoples sake absolutely false. It seems that the balance of power has changed. Now the Organization is in a much better position, and Isley is in trouble. I would say the mistake the Creatures of the Abyss made, was that they forgot that the Organization has the means to create stronger troops if given time. And we see that to them the inhabitants of the land are nothing more than lab animals, with no value other than being used for there research. But there is one other interesting thing to note. Despite all of the Abyssal Feeders strengths, Isley seems more irritated than worried. It seems likely he’s not done for yet.

In Conclusion-
    This was a chapter that was heavy on both action and exposition. We now can see why Dietrich would want to leave the organization. And why she didn’t buy Helen’s secret squad story. She knew about the real secret squad. The Abyssal Feeders are a serous threat, but at least at the moment they really only care about Isley. If the Organization can make more, and get them after other prey though, then there is a serous problem brewing for everyone else.
    Winner Of The Month- The Organization. They have just seriously shown how completely callous they are, and boosted up there power considerably.

Last edited by Super Angillis; February 25, 2009 at 07:52 PM.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 88 Review by Super Angillis

you raise good points in your review.

I agree, the organization is the winner of the month. They really went on a limb to create those zombies. Hoping there are means to tame them after missions are over, coz they look like a pain to subdue even by abyssals.

Though I don't want Isley to die yet, I hope he lives on to make more schemes. Which also introduces riful and her plans, maybe she and pretty boy will work together .... Who know?

Ps, if I may critic something angillis... The format of the review is hard to read. You have all good elements such as characters and events but you lack images, and reading an ocean of text is taxing on the eyes... Maybe more spacing and pictures will do wonders .

Ps ii," Its alive!!!!!!!! No it's just Raki.....again" I think the org does like to scream that.
    Last edited by nat; February 13, 2009 at 09:44 PM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You raise some good points. The spacing is the way it is because I make the review in word, and paste it here in case I want to put it on my blog. As for the pictures, ummm, weeelllll, I kinda don't know how to do that. If someone want's to fill me in on what's required to do pictures and put them in the review, I'll start doing it if I can.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Claymore Chapter 88- Blind Hunters

Well we find out just where the ZCS come from, and the proper name for them. They are Abyss Eaters, created to kill Isley. And there mere existence proves that any claims the Organization makes about destroying Yoma for peoples sake absolutely false. It seems that the balance of power has changed. Now the Organization is in a much better position, and Isley is in trouble. I would say the mistake the Creatures of the Abyss made, was that they forgot that the Organization has the means to create stronger troops if given time. And we see that to them the inhabitants of the land are nothing more than lab animals, with no value other than being used for there research. But there is one other interesting thing to note. Despite all of the Abyssal Feeders strengths, Isley seems more irritated than worried. It seems likely he’s not done for yet.
    yea, i doubt that isley will die just yet. if he thought that they were a serious threat, he probably would have transformed the moment they appeared. i do wonder if they're getting stronger though, because this was the first time they ate his flesh. Maybe the retain enough smarts to remember his tricks and stuff. He probably just wants to get rid of them now. I still think this is just Yagi time-killing, though.

I wouldn't want Riful and Isley working together as long as Priscilla is alive. Maybe not even if she were dead. Having all these sides that [U]could[U] work together makes the series more multi-dimensional. I want to see if there was any history when riful was a claymore. maybe he tricked into awakening lol .

By the way, angillis, this was probably your best review yet!

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    You raise some good points. The spacing is the way it is because I make the review in word, and paste it here in case I want to put it on my blog. As for the pictures, ummm, weeelllll, I kinda don't know how to do that. If someone want's to fill me in on what's required to do pictures and put them in the review, I'll start doing it if I can.
    For the pictures, I hope this helps:

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help. I'll try and get pics for next month. I may redo this chapters review if I get time this month.

Well I've tried adding images, but some are red x's. Not sure what happened, but not going to worry too much at the moment.

By the way, Sarry, your using imageshack. How do you get the pictures to post full and not the Thumbnails with the annoying size bar thing?
    Last edited by Super Angillis; February 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply