Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Databook IV Stat Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yondaime Uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Databook IV Stat Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Naruto has the potential to rise his stats that is true but IMHO the most he will be getting at either genjutsu or seals is a good 3(while sasuke easily has the talent to get higher than average in every stat he has). In any case, that is just my opinion on that.

I also disagree on the thing about sasuke not earning his power but whatever(it's not like sasuke is the one with a random dude inside of him providing him with absurd amount of chakra lol).

Also, oro and jiraiya have the same amount of stats. The idea that oro had a 35 instead of a 35.5 like jiraiya was a mistake.....
    I respect your opinion. As far as the "Sasuke didn't earn his power" statement, I knew when I wrote it that could be misunderstood. I meant that Sasuke isn't exactly as high as Naruto's. Then again, that might be mostly because of Naruto's stamina.

Anyway, I think we just completely disagree on the seals stat increase. I say that the mastering of the kyuubi's chakra and Hiraishin no Jutsu or the Shiki Fuujin, whichever one he masters (i personally think it will be both), will give him a huge advantage in seals. You could be right about his genjutsu, maybe the highest he could hope to get is average, but that would kinda equal an automatic win for Sasuke and we know that's not gonna happen. But I'll give you that one. But the same can be said about Sasuke's strength, stamina, and even taijutsu. Naruto has probably already surpassed him in all of those areas, speed may be around the same. They may currently be closer than you think.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Naruto has the potential to rise his stats that is true but IMHO the most he will be getting at either genjutsu or seals is a good 3(while sasuke easily has the talent to get higher than average in every stat he has). In any case, that is just my opinion on that.

I also disagree on the thing about sasuke not earning his power but whatever(it's not like sasuke is the one with a random dude inside of him providing him with absurd amount of chakra lol).

Also, oro and jiraiya have the same amount of stats. The idea that oro had a 35 instead of a 35.5 like jiraiya was a mistake.....
    1- Naruto may not be good a genjutsu, but he sure as hell can break out of it. Thus warranting a 5 in that stat.
    As for seals, it is just how well you can use techniques and how well you can minimize the amt of chakra used for it. Naruto can get a 5 in that as well

2- Did sasuke earn the CS? Did he earn White snake powers? Did he earn MS? Did he earn a new way to use amaretsu? No to all of them. Everything sasuke has, he got as a freebie. Naruto actually has to work for it. The fox is something naruto has to keep in control. It takes work and effort. The fox gives him nothing but chakra, but naruto already had massive chakra amounts

3-I have no idea what you mean? J-man clearly showed superiority

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I think Naruto's stats are, backed up with what I hope is good reasoning:

Ninjutsu: 5/5
    Although his arsenal is relatively small, Naruto consistently uses high-level Ninjutsu during battle, and has mastered all of them (Except Summoning Technique) to the point where it’s almost unbelievable. Kakashi has stated that Naruto has mastered Kage Bunshin to a level no one has before, and his ability to develop and improve variations on the Rasengan shows that he has mastered it as well. Not to mention he’s learned Sage Mode.

Taijutsu: 4/5
    When Naruto exited Sage Mode for the first time when fighting Pain, he showed that he was at least capable of handling Pain in a Taijutsu battle long enough to re-enter Sage Mode. Also, during the skirmish with the Cloud-nins, he showed he was capable of defending himself against 2 capable swordspersons using only Taijutsu.

Genjutsu: 2.5/5
    Based on some of the points I’ve read, I would agree that Naruto has better chakra control, so he is a little better at breaking Genjutsu than he was.

Intelligence: 4/5
    During his battle with God Realm, Naruto planned multiple steps ahead in the battle, advanced battle tactics like that are not reserved for idiots.

Strength: 3.5/5
    No change.

Speed: 4/5
    According to the databooks, the Speed stat also encompasses reaction time (You should be able to find this statement in the Databook forums). As shown in the Cloud-nins skirmish, Naruto reacts very quickly to attacks and situations.

Stamina: 5/5
    No change.

Seal Knowledge: 1.5/5
    No change, virtually all of Naruto’s jutsu are seal-less.

Total: 29.5/40

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SuperSaiyaMan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...dude, you don't get it. Taijutsu, Intelligence, Strength, and Speed are all fives now. Seal Knowledge is at least a three, and Genjutsu is a 3.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

5 for naruto in either genjutsu ow seal knowledge is idiotic... he doens't use any kind of genjutsu, just becouse he MIGHT (not much shure if canm but he might, specially on Sage Mode) escape from a genjutsu doens't grant him a 5 for genjutsu, never..and 5 for seal knowlege, i'm not shure how can anyone say that..when on earth has he ever shown a good knowledge of all the seals?? just becouse he knows a few doesn't make him expert...all of his techniques implie little seal use, there's only one that implies mor than 3 of 4 and it's the kuchyose no jutsu, all the others is simple chakra manipulation (rasengan and all others connected with that)..
    P.S.-when he overcame nagato's chakra, he was in sage mode, and all he did was to overpower nagato's influence. it could work also against genjutsu, but, we just have to wait and see..but there's no way he deserves a 5 for genjutsu..

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SuperSaiyaMan, were you talking about Sage Mode? Because I did my stats based on Base Mode Naruto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumman061 View Post
    SuperSaiyaMan, were you talking about Sage Mode? Because I did my stats based on Base Mode Naruto.
    Base Naruto still has a Five stat for Taijutsu (its not as effective, but he can still use Frog Fu/Frog Katas in normal mode) as well as Intelligence. Strength is increased to Five for Strength in Sage Mode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the 'still hit even though I didn't' aspect of Sage Mode is what brings Taijutsu up to a 5. Since it's less effective without Sage Mode, I put it down to a 4, especially since we haven't seen mind-blowing Taijutsu from Base Naruto (Just really good). I'd also disagree with a 5 in Intelligence, but that's really just a matter of opinion.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, keep in mind that Jiraiya doesn't have a 5 in Taijutsu or Strength either.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyaMan View Post
    Base Naruto still has a Five stat for Taijutsu (its not as effective, but he can still use Frog Fu/Frog Katas in normal mode) as well as Intelligence. Strength is increased to Five for Strength in Sage Mode.
    If Naruto is not in Sage Mode theres no way he'll have a 5 in Taijutsu,and where is it stated that he can still use Frog Fu without being in Sage Mode? Intelligence defintely won't be a 5 in or out of Sage Mode. Strength will be a 5 only in Sage Mode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    If Naruto is not in Sage Mode theres no way he'll have a 5 in Taijutsu,and where is it stated that he can still use Frog Fu without being in Sage Mode? Intelligence defintely won't be a 5 in or out of Sage Mode. Strength will be a 5 only in Sage Mode.
    Frog Katas are a taijutsu style. Sure, he can't use them effectively without Sage Mode, he still can use the stances, blows, strikes, blocks, and everything. Sage Mode just enhances it. So yes, he still has a five in taijutsu.

Intelligence will be a five for the elaborate array of plans and backup plans he used to defeat Pain.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frog Katas is pointless without the One hit KOs, Naruto best chance at a 5 in Taijust is defintely in Sage Mode which is still debatable.
    Intelligence won't be a 5 for a very long time, Naruto plan work aginst a very weaken Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomShikafan
    Yeah, keep in mind that Jiraiya doesn't have a 5 in Taijutsu or Strength either.
    Great point, and Jiraiya has 40 years on Naruto aswell.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Frog Katas is pointless without the One hit KOs, Naruto best chance at a 5 in Taijust is defintely in Sage Mode which is still debatable.
    Intelligence won't be a 5 for a very long time, Naruto plan work aginst a very weaken Pain
    Naruto faced the same Pain Jiraiya did, only God Realm was weakened and not for a very long time. Sorry, that logic doesn't work.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    1- Naruto may not be good a genjutsu, but he sure as hell can break out of it. Thus warranting a 5 in that stat.
    As for seals, it is just how well you can use techniques and how well you can minimize the amt of chakra used for it. Naruto can get a 5 in that as well

2- Did sasuke earn the CS? Did he earn White snake powers? Did he earn MS? Did he earn a new way to use amaretsu? No to all of them. Everything sasuke has, he got as a freebie. Naruto actually has to work for it. The fox is something naruto has to keep in control. It takes work and effort. The fox gives him nothing but chakra, but naruto already had massive chakra amounts

3-I have no idea what you mean? J-man clearly showed superiority
    Breaking out of genjutsu by no means gives naruto a five lol. Even jiraiya, the sannin who taught naruto how to break out of genjutsu, had a lowly 3 in it. A five in genjutsu implies not just being able to escape powerful genjutsu but also being able to perform them. Naruto could learn how to break out of even the most powerful genjutsu but I doubt that will give him more than a measly 3 in that particular stat.

Sasuke might not have acquired the CS through training but had the guy not been properly fit for it he would have never even survived the process. In all fairness, just getting the CS almost cost him his live and had to be thrown into a comma to get the second level. It's not like getting either level of the CS required no sacrifice on sasuke's part. Sasuke had to risk his live for the CS(which to top it all damaged his body and deprived him of free will) . I would think naruto got the better deal lol. seriously, just 2 weeks of training with a froggy and naruto gets improved chakra control, stamina, strength and speed.... At the very least sasuke had to put his life on the line(willingly or unwillingly lol). IMHO it is kinda unfair to say sasuke has "freebies" given that every "freebie" he has comes at the cost of his health, live, free will, brother and family.

As for sharingan and MS, I do not think those are things which can be contextually treated as normal jutsu. He was born with those(granted MS evolution had to be triggered though), those are his birthrights. IMHO sharingan or MS should be treated pretty much in the same context as breathing or walking. You just can't put sasuke down for that in any way(its not like sasuke's dad sealed an entirely different dude with infinite amounts of chakra which can also heal lethal wounds instantly inside of sasuke right?).

I simply meant that both jiraiya and orochimaru had 35.5 in their stats. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaime Uzumaki View Post
    I respect your opinion. As far as the "Sasuke didn't earn his power" statement, I knew when I wrote it that could be misunderstood. I meant that Sasuke isn't exactly as high as Naruto's. Then again, that might be mostly because of Naruto's stamina.

Anyway, I think we just completely disagree on the seals stat increase. I say that the mastering of the kyuubi's chakra and Hiraishin no Jutsu or the Shiki Fuujin, whichever one he masters (i personally think it will be both), will give him a huge advantage in seals. You could be right about his genjutsu, maybe the highest he could hope to get is average, but that would kinda equal an automatic win for Sasuke and we know that's not gonna happen. But I'll give you that one. But the same can be said about Sasuke's strength, stamina, and even taijutsu. Naruto has probably already surpassed him in all of those areas, speed may be around the same. They may currently be closer than you think.
    If you new it would be misunderstood, then why did you phrase it that way lol? I am still not sure by what you mean by "isn't as high as naruto's" though.

Sasuke has considerably more growth potential in strength and stamina than what naruto has in genjutsu and seals though. In any case, without using HM naruto would still be considerably slower than sasuke and at about the same strength level(naruto has never shown anything that suggests he is any better at the strength thing than sasuke; except obviously HM lol).

This is how I think naruto and sasuke compare:
    Normal naruto vs sasuke
    Sasuke is a level above naruto.

HM naruto vs sasuke
    Naruto would destroy sasuke in a direct confrontation with no problem whatsoever but might have trouble with MS.
    Last edited by kkck; October 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyaMan View Post
    Naruto faced the same Pain Jiraiya did, only God Realm was weakened and not for a very long time. Sorry, that logic doesn't work.
    Not really! Naruto faced a Pain that had all his abilites and seceret expose,and a slug feeding him info during the battle. Aslo help from Kyuubi,and Toads(he didn't summon by himself),and Minato. The most important deal is when Gold Realm wasn't able to fight Naruto destroyed three or four of Pains bodies, Its highly unlikely that Naruto would've accomplish half of what he did if God Real wasn't taken out of the equation. Finnally, when he(Gold Realm) did return he was probably at 50%.

Its closer to fact then logic. You give Naruto way to much credit considering all the handicaps in this battle.

New Reply
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast