Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

i some questions Stranger Ataru:
    1 Why do you translate some Kinnikuman chapters that seem to be random (i know they aren't)? i mean, why didn't you translate the first Akuma Chojin, Buffaloman's arc, it's not that i wanted translations of the arc, i saw the anime, but why this "special translation order"?
    2 Also, are you planning to translate any Nisei chapter or any Nisei Time Travel Chojin Tag chapter?
    *cheers on your translation, gambare!*
    ざわ...ざわ...

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oni_James View Post
    i some questions Stranger Ataru:
    1 Why do you translate some Kinnikuman chapters that seem to be random (i know they aren't)? i mean, why didn't you translate the first Akuma Chojin, Buffaloman's arc, it's not that i wanted translations of the arc, i saw the anime, but why this "special translation order"?
    2 Also, are you planning to translate any Nisei chapter or any Nisei Time Travel Chojin Tag chapter?
    *cheers on your translation, gambare!*
    1. That's simple: it's fill-ins. I made a deal with a notable Kinnikuman board that I would do fill-ins for stuff Toriyama World didn't do. That way I don't do some stuff twice and we can use a combination of both with the scans. As it stands though I'm moving ahead with consistancy finally since I'm on-board for all the Gold Mask and the Tag Tournament arcs. (someone else wanted the Throne arc so I won't be translating that)
    2. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be doing Nisei at this time. Depends on what's going on by then out there.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm your biggest fan! (I think.) I got a couple of questions here.

1. Was it hard learning japanese? (I plan to learn japanese and I really want to know if it's damn hard.)

2. Will you translate anymore mangas? (I have a couple of recommendations like Chobits by CLAMP or Undead by Kazurou Inoue, the guy who made Ai Kora. If you need any Raws for both, last time I checked, MH has some.)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathbyrock View Post
    Hey, I'm your biggest fan! (I think.) I got a couple of questions here.

1. Was it hard learning japanese? (I plan to learn japanese and I really want to know if it's damn hard.)
    One word: yes. To tell the truth, I'm more a man who's better with math and science than languages, but I was the one foolish enough to take East Asian Studies as a major in college. (well mostly cause I wanted to) Somehow I survived and I have a good understanding of the language and the structure and such, but I still need to look up things for context.

Quote Quote:
    2. Will you translate anymore mangas? (I have a couple of recommendations like Chobits by CLAMP or Undead by Kazurou Inoue, the guy who made Ai Kora. If you need any Raws for both, last time I checked, MH has some.)
    Didn't know Inoue did that "Undead" series. To tell the truth, I mostly picked up Ai Kora at the suggestion of someone else and it just exploded from there. Could consider it as like an extra Ai Kora volume if I do it after that's over but I'll see.

Thing is that currently I sort of want to either stick with shonen or maybe venture into seinen after I finish with a couple of the things I've been doing. I have a few ideas in my head, mostly some older series (Jump mostly) that I want to actually do but I'm still open to anything if it draws me in. (sort of like Ai Kora...though that I sort of liked anyway after reading bits and pieces when it was running) A few series I'm contemplating currently though include:

-Hell Teacher Nube (a personal favorite from when I got into manga and one that needs to just be out there)
    -Wingman (early Masakazu Katsura and looks really neat)
    -Ring Ni Kakero (another early Jump series, this time by Masami Kurumada pre-Saint Seiya)
    -Go! Tenba Cheerleaders (sort of stumbled on this...somehow it gave me vibes of "what could have been" with one of my favorite Negima girls...before Akamatsu ruined it)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So you mostly like older mangas? To tell you the truth, I really don't like older mangas, the art style doesn't look that attractive. But that's just my opinion. I really hope you could translate some of the mangas like Undead, or Toradora, but it's fine if you don't. Oh, and one more question, are you going to be translating any new Ai Kora chapters soon? If you do, I'll be sure to scanlate all of 'em!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So you mostly like older mangas? To tell you the truth, I really don't like older mangas, the art style doesn't look that attractive. But that's just my opinion. I really hope you could translate some of the mangas like Undead, or Toradora, but it's fine if you don't. Oh, and one more question, are you going to be translating any new Ai Kora chapters soon? If you do, I'll be sure to scanlate all of 'em!
    I don't mind doing newer things but I think I'm still a bit burned from what happened with Chagecha. The only currently running one I'm interested in maybe doing is "Go! Tenba Cheerleaders" but who knows if or when I'll motivate myself to do it. As for older series: in many ways older series are just as good if not better than what's going on today...at least I think so. Anything to expand the US view of manga out there.

As for Ai Kora...I probably won't be back until after I finish Jii-chan G vol. 3. I sort of go back and forth between the two series lately. (while doing Kinnikuman in the midst)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't contemplate on doing "Go! Tenba Cheerleaders." The manga looks neat, although I didn't like how the main character was designed. Seriously, he looks like a monkey. If you translate it, maybe I can scanlate some of the chapters from time to time since I currently have nothing to translate, and I'm pretty much bored out of my mind right now. So yeah.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't contemplate on doing "Go! Tenba Cheerleaders." The manga looks neat, although I didn't like how the main character was designed. Seriously, he looks like a monkey. If you translate it, maybe I can scanlate some of the chapters from time to time since I currently have nothing to translate, and I'm pretty much bored out of my mind right now. So yeah.
    I'm more interested in the female lead than the male of that...it's like Sakurako Shiina finally got the attention Ken Akamatsu never gave her (that's the main reason I even noticed this series BTW)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well come to think of it, the female lead does look kinda like Sakurako Shiina. But w/e, I really don't like Negima that much. To tell you the truth, I liked Love Hina more. The only thing that was keeping me from reading Negima is Evangeline since she pretty much has the same personality as my favorite female anime character.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well come to think of it, the female lead does look kinda like Sakurako Shiina. But w/e, I really don't like Negima that much. To tell you the truth, I liked Love Hina more. The only thing that was keeping me from reading Negima is Evangeline since she pretty much has the same personality as my favorite female anime character.
    I only read one vol of Love Hina but couldn't stand it. Too generic a shonen harem series, particularly since I like stuff like Inoue's work and Ai Yori Aoshi. Negima I wasn't planning on reading but I sort of fell for Chisame and joined up around the point she got Pactio. (well that and the second anime which is probably a version that shows a different approach the series really should have done IMHO..well not everything but it is more fun) Somehow I grew to like the series, from the somewhat haremesque but fun introduction to the end of the Festival arc, particularly with some very fun and memorable girls. Then Summer Vacation started and the series hit the crapper. Half the cast was thrown away, part of who was left weren't allowed to develop, the other part got too much development, there was too much Setsuna and Eva as always (my two least favorite characters) and Negi went from "generic shonen stereotype" to "super-generic shonen stereotype"...when it got reduced to all these crappy training sessions, I quit. Probably one of the few times I admit quitting on a series, but I occasionally check in to see if things are improving. (they haven't)

As for fav girls: Chisame is and will always be #1, but it's shocking how Sakurako became #2...also like Sayo, Ako, Akira, Chachamaru, Ku Fei, Konoka (though moreso anything without Setsuna), Chizuru, Nodoka (another "sort of", considering I don't like some of her crap), Ayaka & Zazie.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the first half volumes of Love Hina. But when it got to the last volume, it got shitty. Akamatsu's putting too much fan-service in his works imo and its become repetitive. As for Chisame, she looks like Naru from Love Hina in my point of view. And so do Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, and Setsuna. All of the previously mentioned characters were designed from the characters from Love Hina, and led me to the conclusion that Akamatsu lost his originality. If you compare Akamatsu's work to Inoue's, I think Inoue's would be better. Ai Kora gave me the lulz, and its kinda addicting. And you're pretty much right on Negima's progress. They aren't really improving well atm.

As for my fav girls; Eva, Konoka, Haruna, Zazie, Setsuna, Ayaka, and Sayo. Well, I think that's pretty much it.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that Akamatsu wants to think he's a big-deal shonen writer...when he's not. Heck it's not even parody. It's...I don't even know. And BTW, I know that the characters essentially are similar to Love Hina's designs, but in some cases I don't mind (Chisame, Kaede) and others......(wants to go back and stop the concept of Setsuna from being used)

Oh, forgot to add Kaede in my list earlier...and maybe Misa, mostly cause she's crazy too. (no Sakurako but she has her charm)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I don't like Kaede and Ku Fei. The words they always use to end their sentences practically pisses me off. Don't get me started on Chao. Chisame really looked cute with her cosplay costume, and I got interested about her after seeing that. But then, her pactio ability..... It sucks..... I mean come one, hacking? Can't Akamatsu give her a better ability than that? Well now that I think about it, most of the characters have suckish pactio ability, like Setsuna and Nodoka. The only pactio ability that I liked was Asuna's and Negi's 4th pactio with the lightning spear (was it his 4th?). I don't think Akamatsu gave anymore damn about the others'.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I don't like Kaede and Ku Fei. The words they always use to end their sentences practically pisses me off. Don't get me started on Chao. Chisame really looked cute with her cosplay costume, and I got interested about her after seeing that. But then, her pactio ability..... It sucks..... I mean come one, hacking? Can't Akamatsu give her a better ability than that? Well now that I think about it, most of the characters have suckish pactio ability, like Setsuna and Nodoka. The only pactio ability that I liked was Asuna's and Negi's 4th pactio with the lightning spear (was it his 4th?). I don't think Akamatsu gave anymore damn about the others'.
    I pretty much ignored the series so I had no idea about all that crap...but Negi and Asuna, sadly, are the plot. As for Chisame's ability...the problem is just that it's so specificly tied to computers. What if this world had no computers!? It really deserved to have more than that! It's just so friggin mad and stupid!

I like Kaeda a bit more than Ku, Kaede is just a nice, serious character with silly moments...and Ku is just a weird nikuman-brain

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, its specifically tied to the internet. But for the most part, I like Chisame. Cute cosplay costume, tsundere personality, etc. I read the whole series and only a few moments made me lol. Akamatsu's spamming the series with a hell lotta fan-service and its become a bad habit for him and its pretty much annoying for me. I like Kaede better than Ku too. I don't know why, but maybe its because of the fact that she has big breasts. Lolno.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast