Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

Hi there, Ataru! ^^ If you find any free time, would you please look over a trainee's first translation? Even though it's from KR-E, any tips regarding its format or anything to that sort would greatly be appreciated!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouria View Post
    Hi there, Ataru! ^^ If you find any free time, would you please look over a trainee's first translation? Even though it's from KR-E, any tips regarding its format or anything to that sort would greatly be appreciated!
    Unfortunately I don't know Korean so I'm probably not the best to do this. Sorry.

Nintakun: The thing about Otoko is it just feels so viceral with the art and the bizarre battles...but the dialogue, particularly in the fighting arcs, are mostly just "people yelling out what the character has" and various character taunts. (outside any Minmei entry) I think it was supposed to be part of the series due to the cliches being used in such avail but it's tough to say.

As for the hardest series I've translated...at this point it's a toss up between:

1. Bo-bobo: If you're not on your toes doing this series, then you are going to miss a ton. There are so many gags that are puns and so many referring to Japanese references that almost feel obscure that if you're not knowing what you're doing, you're going to screw it up...big time.

2. Desire: Yes, this is "Sex: the series". But while half the time is sex, the other half has typical seinen dialogue...and for that, it means kanji without supporting kana...and even more obscure references to adult things.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nintakun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, i feel quite the same thing you said in Bobobo with Masaru-san, even though i translate it from English, it's preetty hard to adapt some of Usuta's Jokes and references.

As for Desire, Seinen manga like that is quite hard to translate from Japanese, even so some older shounen manga don't have furigana in some Kanji.
    Ok, I just don't Know what to leave in this signature, so.....

Translator profile: Click Here

My Thread: Click Here
    Feel free to ask whatever you want, or do some chatting there

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nintakun View Post
    As for Desire, Seinen manga like that is quite hard to translate from Japanese, even so some older shounen manga don't have furigana in some Kanji.
    Kinnikuman (well the earlier chaptes) and a good chunk of early Otokojuku was like that but it wasn't as bad as Desire. If it weren't for half that series being sex...I probably would have gone to hell with it.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Any reason why you discontinued translating, Kochikame?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

KochiKame was mostly just a thing I wanted to try out. I was hoping to go back and forth between that and another series but it didn't work: it ruined my flow. With how massive KochiKame is, I just didn't feel like it was something I could just do start-to-finish in one go. Thus I stopped to work on other things. But with my translations essentially going to a standstill as of late with life, I don't know if I'll ever get back to it. (personally I'm thinking of hanging up after I finally finish Nube, whenever that is)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

StrangerAtaru, i hope one day, you will get back to translate Kochikame.
    Thanks!
    [CENTER][url=http://kkextrabonus.blogspot.com/][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9931/kochikame13593.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just so shocked how many people want me to do KochiKame lately; I wish I could if I had the time but sometimes life just gets in the way. (well that...and I really, really want to finish Nube first)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru View Post
    I'm just so shocked how many people want me to do KochiKame lately; I wish I could if I had the time but sometimes life just gets in the way. (well that...and I really, really want to finish Nube first)
    I think one of the main reasons, it's the anime. When i watched Kochikame on tv for the first time, i've really enjoy it, after that i started searching for information about the anime, and i discovered the manga, but at the time (2006/07) there was no translations available.
    Nowadays, both the anime and manga are still largely unknown, but gradually the franchise is beginning to be better known among the manga & anime community, in my opinion due to the longevity of the manga.

StrangerAtaru, thank you very much for all the translations!
    [CENTER][url=http://kkextrabonus.blogspot.com/][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9931/kochikame13593.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10