Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The boundaries of good and evil

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 435 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    I agree.
    I'm sorry I started that discussion

That's pretty interesting and I wish that was not deleted by the mods.
    Is there a way to transfer all that discussion into a new thread?
    A thread like : "Who is good and who is evil!?"

I'd like to continue that discussion in that thread
    create that thread and ask them transfer it over (through a PM).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member shinjinjou's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

everything is black or white, there is no grey, unless some jerk goes and tries to mix both up. evil and good are only the perceptions that one holds and what society dictates as to be acceptable and not. Naruto is the protagonist, but who's to say what he's doing is 'good'. of course for all the ramen-loving kids he's a super hero that is 'good'. it's all about perception and not the tags that get placed on them. there is in no sense a such thing as good or evil as they can be justified from different views and angles. basically it gets us asking and wondering why.
    we say things are bad because we 'believe' they are or have a notion of it being the opposite to what is attributed as being 'good'.
    But this is a manga, so let's get back to discussing how Naruto is going to whip Sasuke worse than an S&M party in the final showdown.

Danzou is the greatest and will appear out of nowhere and give a short, sweet, and bitter rant and kill someone with his can...or maybe the hidden eye jutsu under the bandaged eye?????? zazazazazazaza I'm falling into insanity and going back to read OP or Gantz hahaha
    Blackbeard for Pirate King! Zehahahahaha!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgpr4life2 View Post
    The messed up part is that it all got undone at the very end so no good actually came out of it.

yes but would letting the uchiha clan rage war against konoha been the "good" thing to do? I think the problem is that we r thinking of good as right and evil as wrong. Itachi killing his entire family may have been an evil thing but it was indeed the right thing to do.
    that's right, I forgot about the diary.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    create that thread and ask them transfer it over (through a PM).
    Who should I PM? Patedecarne?!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgpr4life2 View Post
    The messed up part is that it all got undone at the very end so no good actually came out of it.

yes but would letting the uchiha clan rage war against konoha been the "good" thing to do? I think the problem is that we r thinking of good as right and evil as wrong. Itachi killing his entire family may have been an evil thing but it was indeed the right thing to do.
    the good thing to have been done, or the right thing, would have been to try to get things hammered out without any violence. Pleading with both sides to find a compromise, or even better, a solution where neither side had to compromise. Instead, both sides chose evil (or wrong, whatever) ways to deal with the situation. So was killing his entire family evil? yeah. Was it the right thing to do? ask all those dead innocent uchihas who probably didn't want anything to do with a revolt...

Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be good if a mod could move these posts to a newly created thread.

On one last note, if we define Pain evil because of his means rather than reasoning, would that make someone who is jealous evil because being jealous can or is seen as an evil act? Kishi wisely doesn't take this route of good and evil, only those opposing the main character is some way and those who are with the main character in some way. Obviously Pain is definitely an opposition to Naruto, making him a villain.

On topic: We got a nice cover this chap, only 2 spoiler pics isn't necessarily bad as the released chapter scan would be a better read as a result.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    Who should I PM? Patedecarne?!
    anyone who is around. If their name is green or blue, they should be able to do it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is good and who is evil?!

Hi,

We were having a great discussion about who was good and who was evil in the manga.

That's the place to debate on question regarding character evilness.

For a start, Itachi killed his own clan. That was for the "greater good", but his did kill everyone (including old ladies, kids and babies), does that make him evil?

As for the other characters...

Is Pain truly evil? In the end, he wants peace, but to obtain it, he's killing tons of innocent.

And, of course, that's another good place to discuss if Sasuke is evil or not.

I asked the Mods to transfer the whole discussion, so join in!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member deeve82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.A View Post
    Instead of the manga drawing a line between Good and Evil, essentially I think Kishi draws the line between villains and protagonists. That way Kishi can make out Itachi to be a villain rather than an evil person. While yes Itachi did kill the Uchiha clan off, he was following strict ninja orders, now is following orders which is your duty an evil act? Are those soldiers who engage in war evil because they follow "evil" orders?
    I think as long as following those orders don't comprimise your own beliefs and values then no. Who is to say what the evil order was??? I always got the impression Itachi was protecting the village from his clan. Now if you are following orders that go against what you believe...that just makes you a dumb-ass

Long live Crunchy!!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeve82 View Post
    I think as long as following those orders don't comprimise your own beliefs and values then no. Who is to say what the evil order was??? I always got the impression Itachi was protecting the village from his clan. Now if you are following orders that go against what you believe...that just makes you a dumb-ass
    Specially when your plans of protecting your village just went down the drain. The organization you were trying to keep on check, recruited his brother plus destroyed the village.

Way to go genius!!!

Might as well had gone into war back then, the situation might had been handled swiftly, than getting utterly destroyed, night of the leaving dead pein here!!

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is good and who is evil?!

Your question in particular is one of the most subjective and hardest to answer lol. Even for real life "evil people", the question is hard because in general people dont act thinking "haha I am evil" and give the good guys the james bond special. In general people act according to what they consider right at the moment and justify their decisions that way. Obviously there are true sociopaths which consider themself evil and are proud of it though but I dont think that particular extreme case is going to be discussed.

I believe that rather than pein being evil, he is massively misguided and delusional (given that he believes he is a god)

As for itachi, his particular situation is more complicated. He clearly couldnt spare a single person who was aware of the coup, so old ladies and women had to go... As for other children, we are not even sure on wether there were any more although it is highly posible. Guess itachi could have spared them if he had wanted to(although the plot would have been diferent in several aspects regarding sasuke lol)....

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laughing@you View Post
    Specially when your plans of protecting your village just went down the drain. The organization you were trying to keep on check, recruited his brother plus destroyed the village.

Way to go genius!!!

Might as well had gone into war back then, the situation might had been handled swiftly, than getting utterly destroyed, night of the leaving dead pein here!!
    Not to mention that Itachi's the one who drove Sasuke off the edge. If Itachi had just told Sasuke why he did it from the beginning then maybe Sasuke wouldn't have left the village. At the very least he should've killed Orochimaru before he drove a wedge between sasuke and the village.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cgpr4life2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    the good thing to have been done, or the right thing, would have been to try to get things hammered out without any violence. Pleading with both sides to find a compromise, or even better, a solution where neither side had to compromise. Instead, both sides chose evil (or wrong, whatever) ways to deal with the situation. So was killing his entire family evil? yeah. Was it the right thing to do? ask all those dead innocent uchihas who probably didn't want anything to do with a revolt...
    do u really think the uchiha clan would have started a revolt if they couldn't even convince the entire clan to favor it? I mean yea the right thing would have been to come to a better solution but that wasn't for itachi to decide. If he would have spoken out against the elders than they would have treated him like the rest of the uchiha and killed him as well and war would still have broken out.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Not to mention that Itachi's the one who drove Sasuke off the edge. If Itachi had just told Sasuke why he did it from the beginning then maybe Sasuke wouldn't have left the village. At the very least he should've killed Orochimaru before he drove a wedge between sasuke and the village.
    Nah i would have left with my brother and any other that didn't want part with the war, and teach my brother to be strong. If he was gonna die like he was, leave him his eyes. Find another village to live on. He could taken over the sound village if itachi could owned oro so effortlessly, like oro remembered.

But this is really lets get back on topic shall we

Since tendou pein regained his abilities naruto has been disarmed. Almost every chapter afterward naruto seems to be on his ass or eating dirt.

I don't get why nagato has the other bodies, this one is the most effective!!!
    Last edited by laughing@you; February 12, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cgpr4life2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I disagree with u he probably would have left earlier if itachi had told him from the beginning. I mean do u really think he would just stay in the village living peacefully knowing that hes living with the people who ordered his families death.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast