Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Viewing One Piece in animation

10 8.00%
  • Viewing One Piece in the manga

66 52.80%
  • Manga and anime are equally enjoyable

49 39.20%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: anime vs manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 595 Discussion / 596 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    since he let the anime worse than manga? and Ace died?
    Do you generally rate OP less as a manga? I went back and reread the whole war start to finish and it was brilliant, Ace's death was fantastic, it was brilliantly done and really well built up, that is what is missing when you read manga one chapter at a time. The 2 things i really dislike Oda for doing is NOT killing Pell, and BB getting two fruits, however both these things in hindsight i can live with, because it made ace's death more monumental and made BB even more evil.

As for the anime I think it wipes the floor with every other animated series, DBZ, Death note, naruto, bleach are horribly done by comparison!

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 595 Discussion / 596 Prediction

Quote Quote:
    Do you generally rate OP less as a manga? I went back and reread the whole war start to finish and it was brilliant, Ace's death was fantastic, it was brilliantly done and really well built up, that is what is missing when you read manga one chapter at a time. The 2 things i really dislike Oda for doing is NOT killing Pell, and BB getting two fruits, however both these things in hindsight i can live with, because it made ace's death more monumental and made BB even more evil.
    No! One piece is the greatest manga, however you guys must admit that One Piece anime is a lot worse than manga. Anime was great but now its just simply bad especially that part that Bon-chan was getting Luffy out of the prison, he have fake blood and that just doesnot show how bad it was for him to get there. They need to make One Piece anime tougher, just like when Luffy was fighting the CP9.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: anime vs manga

I don't think One Piece anime is the best among the big 3, but manga just might be. I'm torn between Naruto and OP, since both are pretty monumental.

I was never quite satisfied with Oda's art and style and would rate it the lowest out of the big 3, but the story, plot and events just made up for it. In the begining, manga and anime were sort of bad - not the best drawings in the manga, and anime was often sloppy, but then around 100, 150+ eps, IMO, anime looked way better than manga.

After Enies Lobby though, manga got significantly better in terms of eye appeal, while anime sort of dropped. At around that time anime started introducing random fillers and recaps and really just killing down the pace.

I mean, remember the recap episodes when they were saving Robin? What the fuck was that, I never got over those. It was like 5 episodes of nothing. And then in the middle of Luffy vs Lucci, they give us those Edo era fillers and just ruin the flow and the mood.

Don't get me wrong, I liked them, the fillers were good and funny, and well interesting. But it totally wrecked the main plot's flow IMO.

Still, I can't really say that I would like the manga as much, if anime wasn't there. Without the seiyu and music themes, it just wouldn't be the same. This way, I can hear whoever is speaking in the manga, since I'm familiar with their voice, and that can't be overlooked.

I think people who only read manga and never watched the anime are missing out on the total experience.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It honestly depends on what point of the story both have reached. To take a recent example, the Impel Down and Marineford arcs were, in my opinion, absolutely epic in the manga. The anime's pacing starting at Impel Down though....really hurts the overall experience. It was doubly disappointing since the anime's always managed to hit the sorrowful, heartrending parts of the manga beautifully. From Robin and Chopper's flashbacks to the death of the Going Merry and then when the crew were defeated at Shabondy, the music and voice acting has always left a deeper impact.

In light of that, I demand a reanimation of Bon-chan's amazing, awe inspiring, BADASS feats in Impel Down >___< *fume* It wasn't bad or anything, but it was just...off. I mean, those were powerful moments in the manga for me.

Well, the Marineford arc isn't looking very good in the anime at the moment.

However, I would like to make a defense for the anime in that up until just after the Enies Lobby arc, I prefered it over the manga.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I always liked the anime but recently the animation is starting to get to me. I don't understand why they can't keep the same animation they used for Enies Loby. I remember the first time I was upset with the animation was in episode 404 when they were confronted by Kizaru. In 403 it was Enies Lobby art and then in 404 they changed it to the one they used for movie 6(more or less). That killed the episode for me since I always thought Chopper looked like a stuffed animal with plastic eyes and the rest didn't look much better either. I remember reading somewhere that they did that so they can have a better motion or fluidity but if the animation suffers for it then i sure as hell don't want it.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3