Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Historie by Iwaaki Hitoshi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Historie by Iwaaki Hitoshi

Finestela has posted the raws for Historie 55
    you can view them here http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/42930
    btw there are couple of Greek words in page 23 for anyone who wants the translation .
    ΑΝΑΤΟΜΗ = something close to Anatomy (the basic procedure for collecting data for anatomy is called ΑΝΑΤΟΜΗ in greek) i dont know the medical term .
    ΑΝΑΤΟΜΙΑ=Anatomy
    ΙΧΘΥΣ= fish
    ΚΑΡΔΙΑ= heart
    ΗΠΑΡ= Liver
    ΕΝΤΕΡΟΝ= intestine
    ΓΑΣΤΗΡ= stomach ( gastric acid for example)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nomad Soul's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaah, Historie. Those were the days. I have faint memory of us scanlating the first four volumes. I should have known better.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 65 is out. Not bad, nothing really happened this month. At least Eumenes appeared at the end, maybe he'll be the focus again in December. I'm getting sick of the amount of time Iwaaki is spending on establishing what a nice guy Alexander is.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 68 is out. This chapter is so badass. Like, the ultimate basking in glory.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for this chapter for months! The Macedonian army on the move, Eumenes glorious return, and the plot goes back into action. Eumenes forcing Hecataeus to lead his horse was glorious. I can't wait to see what enfolds, how Eumenes uses his past to manipulare the elders of Cardia. So nice to have the focus back on the main character.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really making me just more curious for the future what will come. Nice win situation there for Eumenes

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Maikeru Anjero's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

My complain for this chapter is how short this chapter is.
    How Hecataeus fate after this? With Eu is back with a higher position from him, at least I would like Eumenes name cleared and the truth of the killing was revealed to the public.
    Hecataeus walking and Eumenes riding his horse, showing their position now is a good thing to see.
    I wonder if two friends of Eumenes and brother will play an important role in the next story.
    Childhood girlfriend has married someone else, so I do not think she will appear again. She already throw away momento of Eumenes and said she does not want slave acquaintance anyway.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a new chapter out. Ch 69 by Hox. What do you guys think?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. Eumenes bossing around the guy (forgot his name) who sold him into slavery and seeing the beginnings of each sides war strategy was fantastic. I guess the series proper starts now, with Philip beginning his conquests.

One complaint: Iwaaki's backgrounds suck. And the worst part is, he is doing it deliberately. All of the backgrounds were sketches, it's obvious he's waiting for the tankobon to fill them in. He's always done this, but with the war about to start it's so much more conspicuous.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I never cared for the backgrounds.

hmm, i'm not familiar with this part of history... does Alexander not appear in this war?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm worried that when the war starts, the detail in the art will be lacking. Iwaaki does really nice work for the tankobon too.

Alexander is still to young. Philip completes the conquest of Greece before being assassinated. Alexander conquers the Persians after succeeding his father. He is about 20 years old when he becomes king, he should be 15 or 16 at this point in the story.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

After FOUR insanely long months Hitoshi Iwaaki drawed new chapter! Fairly good chapter I must say. He uncovered a little part of Macedonian strategy and finally introduces "that" great general and person. I'm not sure if it's actual historical fact but my teacher of history once told me that Phocion had sometimes a great sense of humor. He allegedly told into face of some other general that: "People would kill you right now, if they came to they senses." or something like that. I hope this will appear in main story.

And the seventh volume of Historie will be released at 22nd of Nowember. There should be Eumenes' chess version included. And the chapter itself can be found at Hox Scanlations.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great manga. I started today and already passed through all 71 chapters.

I'm curious about the war developments.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    One complaint: Iwaaki's backgrounds suck. And the worst part is, he is doing it deliberately. All of the backgrounds were sketches, it's obvious he's waiting for the tankobon to fill them in. He's always done this, but with the war about to start it's so much more conspicuous.
    This is my complaint as well its far TOO noticeable, ala HXH, it just reeks of a rush job (which is odd because this isn't a weekly but monthly series). Moreover, I also do have qualms about the liberties he's taken, i.e. the so called split personality of Alexander (there was only one letter but even then it could easily have been a saying besides it completely disregards the few facts known about Hephastion and went hog wild going with his own liberties). I'm not TOO impressed given that the selling point of this manga is that it is a sort of historical recreation, course there is fiction but for those more familiar with history would easily find very noticeable liberties (the chess game and CPR anybody XD) that require too much suspension of disbelief.

In fact this is why I see background art as being important as it does show the know how of the author with regard to the details of his/her manga. With a historical manga such as this it does reflect as well to certain facts used or rather misused that does lead to misinformation to readers not aware of the history, in turn making me question the aim of the manga that wanted to pay reverence to it. It also is a waste IMO of the educational aspect that this sort of rare genre has to offer. I can rant on and on but for a better comparison I'd just compare Kaoru Mori's works to Iwaaki Hitoshi, they both made other historical mangas, to see the difference in their ability to take note of details and how that relates quite well to the history they are depicting in their manga.

Anycase I do not think Eumenes would get together with his first girlfriend as his wife historically is the younger sister of Barsine~.
    Last edited by Hamy; November 04, 2011 at 01:11 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://imgbox.com/acuwi6cP

So Historie is back with a cover for the magazine it seems, thanks to redon for the cover.^^

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast