Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Historie by Iwaaki Hitoshi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Historie by Iwaaki Hitoshi

So, new chapter is out. But I have a different thing on my mind. I was recently rereading 7th volume and I noticed something wierd about Eumenes' clothes. So I took a look at the magazine chapters and I noticed this change (in spoiler below). When I was reading chapter it seemed kind of weird to me that Eumenes was wearing an armour because he wasn't participating in this campaign as a military leader. And Iwaaki seriously changed it for bundled release. That man is truly a genius.

Spoiler show

Iwaaki and sketches in magazine chapters. This topic is mentioned pretty often. I personally don't give a damn about it. Iwaaki is author I deeply respect and I'm willing to wait a year and half or even more for one great volume of Historie. I think that he works without assistants because there's never a page with mentioned staff or anything. And if he would have assistants, why wouldn't he let them make backgrounds, right? Historie is Iwaaki's work which he writes and draws "for himself". I mean he has (really) great mangaka career behind him - Hone no Oto, Tanabata no Kuni, Heureka and of course Kiseijuu, magnificent piece of art which catapulted Iwaaki to the ranks of seriously respected authors in Japan (It sold over 10 millions copies). And he wrote even more stuff. So he really deserves unrestricted schedule.

By the Gods, I wish publishers would just stop licensing trash and went for something like this masterpiece.
    Last edited by You Say; November 28, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm beginning to think it's better to read this manga in one bulk... I forget the details and names too much if it's monthly...

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3