Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Most Powerful AO

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alicia

12 29.27%
  • Beth

0 0%
  • Cassandra

14 34.15%
  • Hysteria

1 2.44%
  • Isley

10 24.39%
  • Luciela

1 2.44%
  • Riful

2 4.88%
  • Rosemary

1 2.44%
  • Roxanne

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Warning: Spoilers' (new chapters') contents *ARE* allowed in-for this thread

The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread

This thread is to Fan-Rank the AOs, and explain, discuss, and/or debate your rankings

The (Old) "Unholy Trinity":

(1) Isley, (2) Riful, and (3) Luciela

The Lone "Alien Queen":

(4) Rosemary (vs Ripley, J/K)

The "Tainted" Black Ones:

(5) Alicia and (6) Beth

The (New) "Unholy Trinity":

(7) Cassandra, (8) Roxanne, and (9) Hysteria

(Or, Credit to ZP, the "Death Divas", )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HK's Rankings:

The (Old) "Unholy Trinity":

Most Powerful

1. Luciela
    2. Isley
    3. Riful

Least Powerful

The (New) "Unholy Trinity":

(I haven't looked at ch 122 yet)

Most Powerful

1. Cassandra
    2. Roxanne
    3. Hysteria

Least Powerful

All 9 AOs in Ranking:

(I haven't looked at ch 122 yet)

Most Powerful

1. Alicia
    2. Cassandra
    3. Luciela
    4. Isley
    5. Riful
    6. Rosemary
    7. Beth
    8. Roxanne
    9. Hysteria

Least Powerful
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

The Most Powerful (excluding Priscilla) is Alicia. Her sword tecnique on the awake is somethig of terrible. She is the perfect swordmaster. No one can alive to her attack.

Alicia Vs Easley = Alicia
    Alicia Vs Riful = Alicia
    Alicia Vs Luisella = Alicia

So....Alicia is most powerful than the old trinity

Now, about the new abyssal one (R-C-H) Roxy / Cassy / Histy

All the 3, do not seems to have particullary ability that can resist to the attack of Alicia. I' dont know what about their yoki ( if the three have the same ability of priscilla to regenerate her body faster), but in the match 1 Vs 1, no one of the three can beat Alicia.

Alicia Vs Cassandra = Alicia
    Alicia Vs Roxanne = Alicia
    Alicia Vs Histerya = Alicia

Alicia and Beth are a very letal weapon that was born to exterminate the abyssal one. If Priscilla doesn't exist, the org have win the war. Her ability, her strong, her speed, her sense to kill the enemy. All is perfect in this claymore.

For Beth: She have the same power of her sister, but her awakened form is not the same. Her aspect is not very good for a battle how the aspect of Alicia.

In the end...Alicia is the most powerfull AO int he entire story. Priscilla is owerpowered.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll get you an explanation when I have more time/can copy other explanations over.

However, for the moment:

1. Alicia
    2. Isley
    3. Cassandra
    4. Riful
    5. Hysteria
    6. Luciela
    7. Rosemary
    8. Beth
    9. Roxanne

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Mei Terumi

what are your thoughts on:

Alicia vs Priscilla (and/or Destroyer)

would not Alicia be able to slice up Priscilla (and/or Destroyer) into little itty bitty pieces, just like all the other AOs ?

(I know I didn't include Priscilla, nor Destroyer, as they're more powerful than the other AOs, but I'm interested in whether you think Alicia can pwn Priscilla and/or Destroyer or not, and why yes or no, hehe)

--------------------

Also, Beth did quite well too against Priscilla, it wasn't just Alicia. Beth may not be as "sexy" as our "tm^ SC:BW Sarah Kerrigan Queen of Blades" Alicia, but that doesn't mean that Beth wasn't powerful too (her tail did rip open up Priscilla's back, lol), and Beth didn't do any worse against Priscilla either, both were easily pwned and toyed with by Priscilla, neither sister could last longer against Priscilla than the other sister, they were both simply far outclassed, as Priscilla proves, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Alicia would be able to slice up Priscilla (but not the Destroyer) into little itty bitty pieces. This is the true. The super power of priscilla comes largely from its incredible ability to regenerate instantly. I think she have a reserve of almost unlimited yoki, otherwise she would suffer the continuous use making it. In the scenes of the battle between the twins and Priscilla, she was hit / cut / damaged several times. If she not had her super quality, would not have survived.

The speech is different for the destroyer. She is a cluster of yoki, impossible to deal with in my opinion, so much so that even Priscilla have failed to manages to stop it or damage it. How do you fight something that does not have a true form?

About Beth: I'm not saying that is not strong, in practice has the same power to Alisia, but its form is less scope to direct confrontation like that of her sister. The physiognomy of Alisia is that of the perfect exterminator.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a hard one.

For starters:

- We don't really know what was Rosemary capable of. We only know she was in the category of abyssal, being an awakened former number one. After all, vs Teresa any Abyssal would look weak.
    - We don't really know what's Luciela's actual power/skill.
    - Awakened Beth had the power of the Destroyer's hatchling. That's another awakened being's power we cannot truly measure.
    - Cassandra, Roxanne and Hysteria are borrowing Priscilla's power. Wether if the power they're displaying is entirely theirs or not, is not certain.
    - Techniques > Net power. As shown by Riful and more recently Cassandra.

So I think Cassandra has the upper hand vs Awakened being who's techniques include multiple slashes like: Alicia, Beth, Riful, Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by HK
    Also, Beth did quite well too against Priscilla, it wasn't just Alicia.
    Beth+Destroyer's Hatchling. And human Clare did almost the same damage to human Priscilla.

Quote Originally Posted by HK
    what are your thoughts on:

Alicia vs Priscilla (and/or Destroyer)
    To be honest, I don't even think Alicia could have beaten Riful without the abyssal feeders and the Destroyer around.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post

To be honest, I don't even think Alicia could have beaten Riful without the abyssal feeders and the Destroyer around.
    Why? Abyssal feeder has destroyed by Alisia. Destroyer are not envolved in the battle directly. Alisia have beat Riful in her human form, in spite of themselves by checking the yoki of beth.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alisia View Post
    Why? Abyssal feeder has destroyed by Alisia. Destroyer are not envolved in the battle directly. Alisia have beat Riful in her human form, in spite of themselves by checking the yoki of beth.
    Abyssal feeders require combat experience to be at their top in a fight. You cannot have them as a reference of Alicia's power.

Destroyer's hatchlings are not involved in battle, but they do add their strenght to the individual they infect (as shown with Dauph).

You're talking of a Riful who was weaken by:

- A little by Abyssal feeders.
    - Greatly by the Destroyer's projectiles.

What exactly makes you think Alicia could take Riful 1 on 1?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful dont' have hit Alisia. Alisia have hit more time Riful. Riful face is terrorizzed by the strong of her enemy.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always pegged Isley as the strongest since he was the oldest living AO. Though it's kind of hard to gauge their strength when we haven't seen much and don't have a proper way to gauge their strength. I'll give it a shot though...

Okay you know what, I can't judge them. I've been sitting here for 45 minutes arranging and re-arranging ranks, but nothing would work for me so you know what? I'm going to say that everyone besides Isley, Roxanne, and Rosemary are of equal strength. Isley is left out because I think he is the strongest because he is the oldest, by how much I don't know though. As for Roxanne and Rosemary, they haven't shown enough to be fairly judged.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 29, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful dont' have hit Alisia. Alisia have hit more time Riful. Riful face is terrorizzed by the strong of her enemy.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v17/c094/1.html

Here's the beggining of the short battle between Alicia and Riful.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: removed: Else you have very serious issues with your reading comprehension or you and I are reading different mangas.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alicia would be able to slice up Priscilla (but not the Destroyer) into little itty bitty pieces. This is the true. The super power of priscilla comes largely from its incredible ability to regenerate instantly. I think she have a reserve of almost unlimited yoki, otherwise she would suffer the continuous use making it. In the scenes of the battle between the twins and Priscilla, she was hit / cut / damaged several times. If she not had her super quality, would not have survived.

The speech is different for the destroyer. She is a cluster of yoki, impossible to deal with in my opinion, so much so that even Priscilla have failed to manages to stop it or damage it. How do you fight something that does not have a true form?

About Beth: I'm not saying that is not strong, in practice has the same power to Alisia, but its form is less scope to direct confrontation like that of her sister. The physiognomy of Alisia is that of the perfect exterminator.
    I forgot... Alicia did battle Priscilla... and got pwned... lol.

IGNORING Priscilla's Supremacy of Power, of physical abilities (strength and speed), of so easily slap-smack decapitating Alicia's head from her neck, killing Alicia...

If Alicia sliced up Priscilla's body, how would even she Regenerate? Priscilla has only done Regeneration while "much" of her body remained whole, we've never seen Priscilla chopped up into pieces like PA Clare did to Rigardo or 10% YR Teresa did to AO Rosemary.

Also... Priscilla does NOT have "near-infinite, nor infinite" Yoki, as was finally revealed somewhat recently, as Priscilla said to the Destroyer: ~"I'll use my FULL POWER to kill you". Finally we saw Priscilla's use of her FULL POWER, and yet the Destroyer wasn't killed, hehe. Meaning, her Yoki amount is finite, and she reached it against the Destroyer. Priscilla just has a very large amount of Yoki, but it's finite, it just took something as powerful as the Destroyer, to reveal the limit of her Yoki amount.

Alicia, I'd say could perfectly kill Priscilla, the problem is that Priscilla was simply superior to Alicia, too strong and too fast, for poor Priscilla, just as Teresa was as well, to everyone else, including Priscilla, hehe.

However... PA Clare's HUGE BLADE ARMS were an inch from pulverizing Priscilla's face-head, yet Priscilla didn't even flinch... is Priscilla truly unkillable then ?? Or, maybe does she have a body like Riful, Ophelia, and Agatha, and her "head" is actually just a fake head, with her real head and body somewhere inside of her Awakened form.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of all the AOs I can only conclude Isley > Luciela, but barely. None of the AOs were fighting a fair 1vs1 fight to determine who is stronger. We will see Roxanne VS Cassandra in near future I guess, unless the current claymore decided to throw off the fight.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Hysterias speed is trulely horrifying

i quite agree with what i read from HK's post somewhere ---- that speed is very very important factor

since she has the power of AO and speed on edge i dont think normal AO can match her at all

claymore chapter 122 - i think ghosts could do good against AO, but against AO having speed as its special ability...

i dont know whether Hysteria's momentary top speed can match Priscilla's, frankly if it doesnt, i think Priscilla truly is just overpowered.. in this regard i believe Hysteria is the fastest AO and since her speed remains the factor while flying i dare to say she would win against everyone.. ( i can imagine Hysteria getting pwned against Priscilla easily but i think that is not very realistic)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard for me to say on this one. I do not consider Rosemary an AO, because it isn't just the requirment of having the numerical demonination of the number one given to you by the organization, but also you need a certain level of power before you awaken to really be an Abyssal one. Rosemary was more on par with Rigardo and Agatha then an Abyssal one like Isley or Riful. Likewise the Destroyer is on par with Priscilla and well beyond an Abyssal one in power so i don't count it amongst the list.

I think that power wise it's too difficult to say, these are all creatures that stalemate one another, if there were any pure defining power between them there such stalemates would not have existed, but because they are comparable fighting head to head makes them even enough that both side have to worry about losing.

If i were giving awards though...

Riful is awarded most Versatile body
    Isley is awarded best offensive ability
    Luciela is awarded most unique offense/defensive ability (Luciela is also awarded Fanfic awakened kittens with Rigardo, cat's unite!)
    Beth is awarded an A for effort
    Alicia is awarded most destructive single target attack
    Hysteria is awarded the title of fastest Abyssal one
    Cassandra is awarded the title most agile Abyssal one
    Roxanne is is awarded the the meanest bit*ch trophy (because sometimes being a mean chick really does work out)
    Last edited by SaphG1; January 01, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

26. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast