Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: what's your opinion?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to see a second season!

22 40.74%
  • I'd rather see a remake!

27 50.00%
  • Stay only with the manga, far better.

5 9.26%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Anime Thread

So, has anyone actually watched the anime? I've heard people say anything from it was horrible to it was awesome. i caught a glimpse and didn't like the voice acting. Would it be worth watching the whole thing or the first half at least?

Also, is there a chance for a second season?! i really hope so. i know the first season sort had a conclusion, but there is a lot of new material.

For those interested, you can download the episodes here

*edit* you can also download them here if the first link doesn't work. thx rukori

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Sportgal1; February 18, 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Anime Thread

You managed to download from BE? For 2 months already I get a message that "the free downloads are down indefinitely". A more reliable site is realitylapse.com if you ask me...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How about you load it from the guys, who actually subbed it?
    That would be Eclipse, instead of supporting shitty sites like BE, which take money for work done by others.
    Just use a torrent-client like utorrent and you should get the eps. pretty fast.

I liked the anime for it's first three quarters up until the war in Pieta, after that, it was just plain horrible imo.
    Last edited by PB|Ichigo; February 18, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sci-Fi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The last 2 episodes wasn't that great and looked like they rushed the anime only ending. The deviation from the manga started in the last Witches Maw arc episode where they left out an important detail. That being said, the anime was a good watch, even if some events were changed from the manga.

As far as a 2nd season, they would have to throw out the last 2 episodes and go from there or start after the TS. But considering Claymore was shown in the Japan midnight hours (around 2am), the ratings must not have been that high and it might be hard to justify another 20+ eppys. Plus Claymore is a monthly, so you would have to wait until there's enough material.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime is pretty good until around epi. 23/24 around the part they are fighting rigardo from that point on they made up a terrible ending, i dont see how there could be a second season since it is gonna take quite a while to get enought material besides the first season gave sort of an ending to the anime unless they decide to discart that ending somehow we wont be seening claymore animed anymore.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question, but in the anime, did the luciela and isley end up fighting? seeing the ghost battle riful afte tthe time-skip would be nice too. those are two battles i'd really like to see animated. i doubt that i'd watch the whole series, but maybe a few episodes.

If we're lucky claymore might keep gaing popularity and end up like full-metal alchemist. it had wierd ending to the anime, from what i hear, but it kept on going. even if that happens, though, we'd have to deal with that stupid time-slot it had. maybe it was just the studio, because i think that claymore is pretty popular as a manga in japan (?) What i'm realliy hoping for is an OVA, like with what happened with PoT after the anime finished. I don't think that that's too much to ask for.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime doesn't go that route. Unfortunately, the story deviates in the Northern Campaign and it doesn't go the same way.

Most of the anime is awesome and very close to the manga, but as we go through it there are small deviations from the original story, then the deviations get bigger, still all acceptable, then bang, the Northern Campaign arrives and it takes a sharp left. They needed an ending for the story and as we know from the manga, Pieta is not the end.

If there is a 2nd season, it will have to start "It was all a dream..." just to clear up the deviations.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the others said...
    I was introduced to the story through the anime, and it was brilliant. It had good music, special effects and animation...but then the animation team changed the last couple of episode...It sucked horribly, story wise.
    I would advice people to watch it, but not treat the end seriously.

Plus some characters have amazing seiyuus...makes the anime worth it
    Hint: Teresa, Riful ..
    Last edited by nat; March 16, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the anime before I began with the manga and I could see clearly that the last part was forced and hasty. But it was enough to make me interested. I wonder if we'll get to see a fight between Clare and Pricilla someday in the future and if Raki will be involved.
    Last edited by shaula_aelas; March 16, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading the manga some time ago but somehow forgot about it... then I watched the anime before I retook the manga again quite recently and read to its latest chapter. And I have to say that the anime is really good imo, if it wasn't because of it I probably wouldn't be as hooked to Claymore as I am now.

Besides the obvious plot discrepancies at the end I find it to be one of the best I've seen. It really got to me through the OST as it helped me create the atmosphere in which I could enjoy the plot to its fullest. I already loved the plot and all, but few things can transmit as much emotion to me as good ambient and music overall. Heck, I even like the opening and the ending, despite not being a big fan of j-pop . Now I'm hooked 'till the end I guess :_

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we need another person saying the same thing? lol, here I go anyway.

Most of the anime, that is, the part of the anime that follows the manga closely, is awesome. I originally started reading the manga because I saw the anime and couldn't wait for the next episodes to come out. The music is good, and I still play the OST in the background when I read Claymore.

If you watch more than the first 20 or 21 episodes, you'll probably be disappointed. I don't remember the exact episode where they start to diverge, but it's very easy to recognize. I don't think there's any hope of a second season, they screwed it up way too badly. But if you pretend that the anime ended abruptly around episode 20, you'll enjoy it a lot.

If you're trying to learn Japanese, it's fun to read the manga right before you watch the anime. The anime follows the manga very closely, usually using the exact same lines, so if you've spent some time looking up and learning the vocab from the manga, it's fun to then watch the anime and actually understand everything.
    Last edited by gernot; July 12, 2009 at 03:18 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    Do we need another person saying the same thing? lol, here I go anyway.
    I guess it just shows the anime is good and had impact on you
    Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    I still play the OST in the background when I read Claymore.
    Same here, same here... and the only other OST I can say that about is Berserk.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ichiro Suzuki's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the days when I refused to read manga, I watched the anime. It desperately needs a second season. I don't think they can just leave it at that, without a proper ending. Although, due to the manga being released monthly, it wouldn't be long before the anime caught up to the manga. That's the reason I don't think they will do a second season until basically this is over.

I prefer the manga to the anime anyway, so I don't really care .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Quicksilver's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i've watched it all and it rocks!
    Urahara is the one FC.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Avi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PB|Ichigo View Post
    How about you load it from the guys, who actually subbed it?
    That would be Eclipse, instead of supporting shitty sites like BE, which take money for work done by others.
    Just use a torrent-client like utorrent and you should get the eps. pretty fast.

I liked the anime for it's first three quarters up until the war in Pieta, after that, it was just plain horrible imo.
    If this forum had rep, I'd give it to you in a second. E-kudos will do for now.

In response to the thread: The anime was good up until the end. It seemed like it worked so hard to build up the hype, only to ejaculate prematurely.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast