Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: what's your opinion?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to see a second season!

22 40.74%
  • I'd rather see a remake!

27 50.00%
  • Stay only with the manga, far better.

5 9.26%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Anime Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Anime Thread

gave you a "thank post" for the nice reasoning post but that doesn't mean I like where this overall thought is going

Imho, good braincells wasted on trying to come up with the best way to fix something that merely exists "because they screwed up" - there is no way around that, period. Granted, the anime up to the last episodes is pretty decent, granted there surely were some production constraints that led to this mess, it's not like they raped the original story on purpose. Granted it is possible to see anime spawned by manga as a piece of art/entertainment in its own right - but if you do that than that would mean what's done is done and there is no purpose whatsoever in trying to fit it back in with a season2 following the manga. Saying it is a piece of art in its own right and deserves to be accepted as is and in the same breath saying well, now that we established that fact let's see how we can fit it back in is contradictory line of thought.

Guess what we have is probably the result of some executive in production insisting on "their" story getting closure at a point where it was already known that there would be no season2 fundings while the second half of episodes were still in production. So they made the best of it in terms of "their" version of the story and it is a decision you can take but I think there is room to assume it was a decision made not by people giving overly much attention to original storyline - rather somebody did the maths on what a finished story needs in terms of standard plot elements and said "oh well, we have a heroine, we have a main antagonist, that shit at the least has to get resolved than - as Clare craving revenge was her prime motivation we gotta get that in and resolve it ...also, this way we can get in green lasers into a fantasy style anime - I like green lasers you know..."
    .... and so it was done.

Imho, best option would be a huge budget complete redo - slightly more gory, yoma getting red blood not violet ... a bit more harsh as things are in the manga with the early fights and people dying by the score... also really staying true to original in every detail except for adding some slight amount of additional angles/shots of the fights to get them more dynamic and fluent overall than in first anime...

second best would be to redo Pieta in OVA style and after some 4 OVA eps that push the franchise announce season 2 that takes of after the ova eps/ after time skip ... (kind of like with darker than black where the 4 Ova eps bridge the missing content between s1 and s2)

third best would be redoing Pieta in an ova style full length90min MOVIE and then moving on

and fourth would be starting the story after timeskip and correcting mistakes in flashbacks, - also thinking of viewers here who do not know the manga, thus watch season1, and then wonder about the mess afterwards - the multiple flashbacks deviating from the first anime while simultaneously linking back to it would be more confusing to them than say a completely re-done Pieta arc

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

To this point of the manga there's no much difference between the anime and the manga. Anime ending sucked badly, the last volumes of the manga sucked as badly as the anime. It's kind of hopeless, Claymore has a syndrome to suck at the end

There are any clues about who writes the scripts of the manga? With the increasing level of drawing detail I don't think Yagi has time for that?
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; June 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the manga is going to end anytime soon...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClaFanN1 View Post
    To this point of the manga there's no much difference between the anime and the manga. Anime ending sucked badly, the last volumes of the manga sucked as badly as the anime. It's kind of hopeless, Claymore has a syndrome to suck at the end

There are any clues about who writes the scripts of the manga? With the increasing level of drawing detail I don't think Yagi has time for that?
    It may be my imagination, but may it be that you, for whatever reason, have started to bash the Manga some time ago? Don't get me wrong, if you don't like it, its your problem, but I'd say that no one here cares about that. Maybe you should just enjoy a break from the Manga, so you may be able to like it again. Or you just completely drop it. But if you can't get yourself to like it again, there is no reason for you to be here. Sorry for the harsh words, but it is how it is.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Anime was Awesome. I watched it before i read the Manga so i didnt really know that there was a difference at the end. I would love to see a second season of Claymore it would be awesome ^^

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4