Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which Strawhats have killed people?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

3 9.68%
  • Zoro

27 87.10%
  • Nami

2 6.45%
  • Usopp

0 0%
  • Sanji

4 12.90%
  • Chopper

2 6.45%
  • Robin

22 70.97%
  • Franky

7 22.58%
  • Brooke

17 54.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Which Straw Hats Have Killed People?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Which Straw Hats Have Killed People?

Something I was thinking about recently: The Strawhats seem to generally be good people, but have any of them ever killed someone? I don't think they have on-page, but what about in their pasts?

Zoro told someone that he killed the Baroque Works agent who was sent to recruit him (when the guy got aggressive), but that MIGHT have been a mistranslation. I've also seen it said he was the one who "Killed 100 pirate hunters at Whiskey Peak," but I thought he went easy on them. He also used to be a "pirate hunter" which doesn't require killing, but he might have killed some pirates.

Robin may have, as well, but I think she was more of a "betray by trapping/leaving" than "killing" kind of person. And Chopper might have accidentally when he did his monster transformation (the first time, on Drum Island, in his flashback), but I think the doctor would have made a bigger deal out of it if he did...

Other than that, the only one I think might have killed anyone was Brooke. He was a pirate 50 years ago, and on his journey it's not unlikely he got into some fights to the death.

So what do you think?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Strawhats have killed people?

during her interview with usop robin said her specialty was homicide..ok maybe she was just joking around but i wouldn't be the least surprised if that was the truth
    Last edited by cheaptrick; February 19, 2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: forgot to mention the subject of the speech;.)

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Brook is the guy who have killed the more. The SH crew is not a killing crew as we all know. But the last crew of Brook has taken part in a lot of death battles as we have seen. It was a different period where the WB had less power than at present. So, killing should be more used than nowadays. It is the same in our society (I don't say history because WWI and WWII etc ...).
    But it seems Zoro has killed a lot of pirate hunters in Whisckey Peak and is past is full of fights (as he was a pirate hunter himself).
    And Robin might have been an assassin (her past is dark too).
    The others members of the crew haven't got the same kind of past as these 3.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory it's possible that Luffy killed Kuro but knowing Oda he probably isn't dead.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In the anime kuro was shown being alive, dont know if that is cannon though.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Manga he was never shown again as far as I know except for the anime filler.

About Brook I agree that in his first life, maybe even before he became a pirate and was in the armed forces of his kingdom (can only find that on wikipedia itself, but he was definately in a surprise-attack squadron...) he may have killed someone.

That said, Zoro too has a past that is very likely to include deaths, just as Robins is but out of diffrent reasons and under some circumstances even Chopper could - while he was devastating the town in monster point - have killed someone like you said, however if the manga is the same as anime Chopper has at least killedone person although he was already dying anyways.

But that's all before the actual story taking place, so perhaps we should draw a line here.

In the story itself there were some killings mentioned like you already said Zoro at Whisky Peak or Robin with all the spines she broke, however most if not all of the people the Strawhats 'killed' were nameless. I'm stopping here for now since I see another division or line to draw at this point-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Brooke as we saw in his past when he was a pirate it was kill or be killed and I rather doubt Brooke in anger of seeing some of his comrades falling wouldn't lop off at least a few heads. I'm also sure that Akainu is right, at some point Brooke was under the armed service's of a kingdom.

He's the only one that I have zero doubt, well him and Zoro.

Robin I can't be sure of mainly because Spandam somehow survived that Spine-snap ordeal. If he had died I would be quite sure she'd killed before(lol) but now... well OP is known for it's crazy anatomy. Perhaps others have survived getting their backs snapped.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; February 19, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro is no doubt he kill people previously prior enter Strawhat. his nickname Kaizoku Gyari/Pirate Hunter. Adding his personality had little blood lust it gonna be easy assumption. Robin Specialty is assassination as she claimed when she entered strawhat.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It has not been said he's dead but what are the chance that Yama (from skypia) is still alive ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Yama, Ohm & Shura didn't die right away, I doubt Skypiean peoples will spare them either Shandora warriors or former Angel Island inhabitants. They ties to close with Enel, at least they'll outcasted by them.

New Reply