Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gingitsune's Databook III Transcriptions & Translations

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gingitsune's Databook III Transcriptions & Translations

To help a bit in the Naruto Databook III Scanlation Project, I did the transcription of untranslated character entries. I'll give an hand with the translation when I'll be done with them (although I did the shinobi section's title page already, to put some order in this post).

About the translation, neither Japanese nor English are my native language, so feel welcome to nitpick any silly mistake you spot. Plus, I'm dyslexic, so I feel like there will be mistakes. ^^;

Translations:

Spoiler: Pages 001-008- Color Pages - Translation show

Spoiler: Page 013- Characters Title- Translation show

Spoiler: Page 015- Akamaru- Translation show

Spoiler: Pages 018-019- Aburame Shino- Translation show

Spoiler: Pages 020-022- Inuzuka Kiba- Translation show

Spoiler: Pages 022-023- Uzumaki Kushina- Translation show

Spoiler: Pages 060-063- Gaara- Translation show

Spoiler: Page 073- Konohamaru- Translation show

Spoiler: Page 127- Nii Yugito- Translation show

Spoiler: Page 143- Hanzou- Translation show

Spoiler: Page 183- Roushi- Translation show

Spoiler: Pages 186-189- Other Characters- Translation show

Transcriptions:

Spoiler: Page 013- Characters Title- Transcription show

Spoiler: A, I , U, E, O show

Spoiler: K/G show

Spoiler: S/Z/J show

Spoiler: T/D/Ch show

Spoiler: N show

Spoiler: H/B/P show

Spoiler: M show

Spoiler: Y/R show

Spoiler: Others show

Spoiler: Page 191- Shinobis Infos Title- Transcription show

Spoiler: Page 221- Jutsu Title- Transcription show
    Last edited by Gingitsune; April 02, 2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Sorting stuff around and adding some other

2. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Databook 3 - Hiden: Sha no Sho - HQ Scanlation Project

I do too much translation mistakes when sentence get just a bit trickier than the basic staight forwards ones. I'm no beginner anymore, but I'm still not reliable enough to work for others.

For exemple, I couldn't translate the main text about the kazakage guys. The second and third sentences, I couldn't the get them sound right anyway I looked at them.

Quote Quote:
    小規模ながら、忍の秀抜さに定評のある、砂隠れの里。
    その頂点に立つ風影は、他国からも畏敬の対象とされている。
    だが、多くの優れた忍を代償とでもいうように、歴代風影には、非業の死を遂げた者も多い。
    I should be operational for the 4th databook, but I'm not there yet. Or at least, I would need a proof reader.

As for the transcriptions, I intended to do them all in order, but if there are some you want me to work on first, leave me a word. I'll skip Sasori and Minato since I know you already did them.

Quote Quote:
    BTW, may I contack you if I can't read a kanji properly or something?
    I forgot the last part... ^^;
    Yes, you can contact me if you have any reading problem.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 03, 2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I moved Iruka's transcription with the other A to O

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give a try to some translation when I'll be done with transcription. In the meanwhile, I did the transcription of the rest of the A to O characters. I'll try to do the rest of the K/G ans the S/Z this week.

I did the transcription for the rest of K/G characters.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 03, 2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I moved the transcription to the first post

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Transcription for the rest of S/Z/J characters.

Thanks to whoever made the thread. I would have made one after I would have been done with the transcription, but that saves me the trouble.

Transcription for the rest of T/D/Ch characters.

Plus the rest of the N charaters, minus Shikamaru
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 03, 2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gottheim's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    Transcription for the rest of S/Z/J characters.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Thanks to whoever made the thread. I would have made one after I would have been done with the transcription, but that saves me the trouble.

Transcription for the rest of T/D/Ch characters.

Plus the rest of the N charaters, minus Shikamaru
    I already made transcriptions for Shikamaru, Kakashi, Tobi, and Hidan. They're for my personal use, but I just wanna let you know to save you the trouble. If you want me to post them here, just let me know. I'll add them to my translations when I release them, anyway.

Congrats on your translations, BTW.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gingitsune's Databook III Transcriptions & Translations

Glad to hear you did Kakashi and Hidan already, the H/B/P section looked quite long to do with three characters spreading over two pages, now that only Pain is left, it seems better. I knew you are working on Shikamaru, that's why I left his entry out, too bad I did Tobi and his 6 pages of doom in vain. ^^;

For Shikamaru, Kakashi and Hidan's transcription, feel free to share them if you feel like it, but since you said you'll work them out later, I'll translate something else when I'll be done with the characters' transcriptions.

Talking of translation, what's this project policy for Japanese words' plural? Should I write "many shinobis" or "many shinobi"? I tried to find a occurrence in a few scanlated entries, but couldn't find anything.

Quote Quote:
    Congrats on your translations, BTW.
    That wasn't much, ^^;
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 04, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

but since you said you'll work them out later, I'll translate something else when I'll be done with the characters' transcriptions.
    So you can bar Akatsuki, Myoubokuzan and the Uchiha clan as well. I'm planning to release all of those at once, along with the files I've talked about earlier. Then I think I'll take a well-deserved break from Databook translations...

Quote Quote:
    Talking of translation, what's this project policy for Japanese words' plural? Should I write "many shinobis" or "many shinobi"? I tried to find a occurrence in a few scanlated entries, but couldn't find anything.
    LOL, I never even bothered to find out. I personally tend to go the weaboo purist route, with no plurals for Japanese words.
    Last edited by Gottheim; March 04, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I personally tend to go the weaboo purist route, with no plurals for Japanese words.
    Fine with me, I generally don't use plural for Japanese words, that just feel unnatural.

Thanks for the list of what you plan to work on, that will prevent wasting time. And you did a great job so far, you deserve a break.

I did the H/B/P and the M today, but the I skipped Pain, which I'll do later.

Only the Y/R to go!

I better add a section for the others characters.

Y/R done!

Only Pain and others left!

Pain's done! Five minor pages to go!

I also added an alternative translations between [brackets] for a line in each translation.

Theoretically, there's still one page to transcript, but since it doesn't have any new info and looks boring to do, I procrastinated with some translations.

I did two not so complicated or revelation heavy pages, Akamaru and other character page 1. Akamaru was surprising easy to do, but the other characters took me longer than I thought and I had to think things more thoroughly than expected.
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 09, 2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job! For someone unsure of their ability, you're doing great. Keep it up! BTW, neither English nor Japanese are my primary language either. But that's also the case for Shounensuki and Tora-chan, and they're still monsters. So who cares!

Quote Quote:
    (lower panel)
    Kiba! How it is?
    I didn't read the page or the transcription, so I may be completely off. But wouldn't that rather be: "How ya doin'?"

Good luck with Kushina, Kiba and Shino's profiles.

Edit: I WAS completely off. "What's it like?" or "What's up?" would be much more fitting in this context. In other words, you did get it right. Sorry, and congratulations again.
    Last edited by Gottheim; March 09, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, most of those who will read these scanlations won't have English as their primary language too. ^^; At least eaballer10 is American, he should be able to correct me if my phrasing is wrong.

Quote Quote:
    BTW, neither English nor Japanese are my primary language either.
    I though so because of your profile's national flag, you're likely a born French speaker like me.

I though "Kiba! How it is?" sounded kind of awkward, I'll revert back "What's up?" then. I wasn't sure "What's up?" could apply for this kind of situation, but since you give approval...

Kushina and the second page of other characters are up (well, the later was up yesterday). Kushina took me longer than expected, with its never ending sentences with way to many concepts cramped in, the guy should improve his writing style..

Kiba's up!

Shino's done too!
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 12, 2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kushina took me longer than expected, with its never ending sentences with way to many concepts cramped in, the guy should improve his writing style..
    Tell me about it! But I don't think it's supposed to be bad writing. That's just how Japanese do things. Pick a Japanese proverb. Any Japanese proverb. Four words, a paragraph's worth of translating and explanation.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hasan's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the translations (for the transcriptions too, but I’m not able to use it )! It’s very nice that another dedicated and skilful person is working on Databook! I’ve red yours translations and I like it… not that I can judge their accuracy (because I’m “Japanese-impaired" person)…, but I like your style.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind words Hasan!

I corrected Kushina's translation, following Gottheim's advice. I preferred Shino's short sentences to Kushina's entry's writing style. ^^; I hope I did better with Kiba and Shino.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune
    *credit to Gottheim for correcting some sentences*
    LOL, and you even corrected my corrections! Anyway, wonderful job. And the other translations are a real pleasure to read. *looking forward to the next ones*

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It was more for the sake of keeping the same writing style than a real correction of your correction. Your translation was great, it just didn't sound like the rest of the text.

Third Other Characters page completed! Only the fourth to go! These things take longer than I expected, it doesn't seem that long, but with two sentences for each character with an average of 13 characters a pages...

The fourth and final page of other characters finally done! It took so long T_T

I'll do some one page characters next, to complete two pages spread.

Yugito's entry is up!

Roushi's up too!

Next Gaara, because jinchuuriki deserve more love! XP

Gaara's up! I made it through a four pages entry, I should be able to do the rest.

Next... let's see... Hanzou and Shin!
    Last edited by Gingitsune; March 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast