Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: The 2nd Great Ninja War

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2nd Great Ninja War

Does anybody know when the 2nd Great Ninja War took place in accordance to the 3rd? Like, how many years before the 3rd did it take place? 10 years before, or what? I tried to find it myself, but I honestly don't know where to look. Thanks in advance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 2nd Great Ninja War

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    Does anybody know when the 2nd Great Ninja War took place in accordance to the 3rd? Like, how many years before the 3rd did it take place? 10 years before, or what? I tried to find it myself, but I honestly don't know where to look. Thanks in advance.
    Here's what I think :

1st Ninja war :
    1st Hokage time: Since we know that there was a lot of war between the clans and that the Senju clans solved the wars.

2nd Ninja war :
    Jiraiya time: Since we saw the 3 sannins against Hanzou and the Mist Country.

3rd Ninja war :
    Minato time: Since it was said in Kakashi Gaiden. Konoha was fighting against the Rock Country.

4th Ninja war :
    Naruto time : A ninja war to come, probably caused by Danzou's incompetence as the Hokage.

So, to answer your question, IMO, the 2nd war would have happen when Jiraiya was something like 20 (I'm guessing), so 30 years before Naruto's storyline (in which Jiraiya has 50 years old).

Edit:
    But then... there's also this war against the Wind Country that Chiyo talked about. According to her, the White Fang killed her son during that war.
    Could it be that Konoha was fighting both the Mist Country (Hanzou against the Sannins) and the Wind Country (White Fang against Chiyo's son) at the same time, during the 2nd great war?!
    My guess : Yes.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; February 23, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nahkampfbiber's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    But then... there's also this war against the Wind Country that Chiyo talked about. According to her, the White Fang killed her son during that war.
    Could it be that Konoha was fighting both the Mist Country (Hanzou against the Sannins) and the Wind Country (White Fang against Chiyo's son) at the same time, during the 2nd great war?!
    My guess : Yes.
    Well it wouldn't be a "World War" if only two countries were involved...

Sasori died at age 35, which means he was born in 19 BKA. When his parents died he looked like he was 5 years old. That means that if it really was Kakashi's dad, that killed Sasori's father, it was around 14 BKA.
    Jiraiya was 24 in that year. It fits quite well and it seems likely that the conflicts were within the same war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm assuming that BKA means Before Kyubi Attack. if not, please correct me. also, sasori's parent's deaths coincide with the third war's timing (being about 10 years before the start of the series). 35 - 16 = 19 - 10 = 9. so yeah, he was probably around 8 years old when his parents were killed. thanks for your help, but i think that you got a bit confused with the calculations.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nahkampfbiber's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    i'm assuming that BKA means Before Kyubi Attack. if not, please correct me. also, sasori's parent's deaths coincide with the third war's timing (being about 10 years before the start of the series). 35 - 16 = 19 - 10 = 9. so yeah, he was probably around 8 years old when his parents were killed. thanks for your help, but i think that you got a bit confused with the calculations.
    Yep, it's "Before Kyuubi Attack" (and I'm using a "year zero", because it's easier to calculate).

Obito was the same age as Kakashi(born 14BKA) and died at age 13. This puts Kakashi Gaiden (and thus the 3rd war) in 1BKA. Sasori is five years older than Kakashi (that makes him 18 years old during the third war).

While the third could have been a war lasting over more than ten years, I guess it's more plausible that the second war happend sometime around 14BKA. Ten years before the start of the third.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SuperSaiyaMan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanzo was part of Rain, fighting ALL sides of Earth, Wind, and Fire, Homemade Ninja.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was the rain and sand against the leaf.

The rain isn't a big village and as stated the sand isn't a powerful country cause of the fire lord.

As we may know the leaf posessed kohana's white fang the 3rd when he was at his prime, the 3 saninn, Ino Shika Cho, against Hanzo and the kazikage.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime filler with Jiraya screwed up the timeline I had in my head so it most likely appears that...

1st Ninja war = Was the ongoing conflict that led to Uchiha + Senju alliance and ended the war

2nd Ninja war = Must be the war where Kakuza failed to assassinate Hashrima and was imprisoned in the Waterfall village

3rd Ninja war = Sannin dubbed by Hanzou , and later on Minato led Obito Kakashi and Rin into the Land of Grass

That timeline wise would be about...

1st Ninja war around 60+ years ago

2nd Ninja war around 50 years ago

3rd Ninja war around 30 - 17 years ago

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Yahiko and Nagato's entry in the 3rd databook, Yahiko, Konan and Nagato lost their parents in the second shinobi world war. We can suppose Nagato and co. were about 20 when they were betrayed by Hanzou and about 35 now (give or take a few years).

Dan died in the second shinobi world war, according to Kunugi's entry (the guy who tried to make Tsunade understand that her man was dead).

If we suppose Dan was the same age as the legendary sannin, he would have died in 11 BKA. Tsunade's age (54) - Naruto's age (16) - Dan's age at the moment of his death (27) = 11. He may be a bit older, so let's add 5 years, he should have died between -11 to -16, around 10 years before the third world war. We can also suppose Dan's death occurred while Jiraiya was away training Nagato and co. because Tsunade became unable to fight after Dan's death but fought against Hanzou before he named them legendary sannin.

New Reply