Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Naruto Databook III - Template Tutorial!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eaballer10's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Databook III - Template Tutorial!

Well, I know there have been a lot of people with plenty of enthusiasm to help out on this project. Only issue, is that a High Quality Scanlation needs uniformity on every page. So, finally, I think I may have found a solution...

Check out my new FLASH Tutorial on using the Naruto Databook Character Template to create High Quality pages for the Naruto Databook III Scanlation Project! Click the image below, to begin the tutorial:

If you are interested, please try a page or two, and post your results, here!

Before you begin, you will need:

* Adobe Flash Player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
    * Adobe Photoshop
    * The Font Pack installed
    * The Template File
    * A Collection of Naruto's High Quality Japanese Tankoubons [RAWs] (Volumes 28-43)

The Japanese Tankoubons can be downloaded at Forum Raw-Manga. User registration may be required.

(If you are experiencing problems with the flash (.swf) tutorial, then you may download the executable file (.exe) version to your desktop, and view it offline. I encourage that you only use this method if you must. Click HERE to download the .exe file.)

Closed Captioning is also available for the hearing-impaired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, leave comments/concerns!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by eaballer10; February 25, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

Check out Urakai.com now! Kekkaishi is one of the best Shōnen manga out there!!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Databook III - Template Tutorial!

that was sweet thanks heaps....

can't wait for another tutorial

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First I want to say thank you for creating this thread because I probably would not have dared try this if you had not but up that helpfull tutorial so it was a creative inspiration for me.

Secondly I wanted to mention that I am a complete Photoshop Noob and have only been using it for one week never touched before this a day in my life. I usaully use Paintshop Pro a similar but slightly different program.

Third techniclly I didnt acutally do Scanlation since its not from the databook. However I thought what better test for my new skills than to try and do something new. So I choose to to a Fake Databook entry on KillerBee.

I know its not perfect but it is my 1st time and I made up all the entries out my own head on estimates. Let me also just add I have a new deeper respect for what scanlation teams do man this can be time consuming work you dont realize how much goes into making these manga's readable till you have to do one yourself.

So enough yapping let me show you my Fake Killer Bee Databook:

So tell me what you think of my fakes?

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Wind-shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good but you should shorten it down to like 2 large pages because some text can be merged together.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-shinobi View Post
    It's good but you should shorten it down to like 2 large pages because some text can be merged together.
    My understanding is that the pages are suppose to summarize the basic story soo far around the character. I had too many pictures and ideas to squeeze into only 2 pages so I ended making it even bigger than I thought.

However here is a real Scanlation done by me just today :

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply