Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite world/place

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lady Sakura-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite world/place

This was an idea that popped up in my head yesterday. We have a spoiler thread, a favorite character thread and a lot more threads that I can`t count... Why not make a favorite world/place thread? Here we can discuss the different worlds and places of TRC. Welcome

My favorite worls is The country of Oto, EVEN if it vas just a virutal reality world. I love the clothes, the place, all the nice people there and Cat`s eye of course. Somebody else that thought that C.Sakuras waitress`s clothes was CUTE, for crying it out loud?
    Last edited by Lady Sakura-chan; March 01, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Tsubasa-supporters of the world unite!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tsubasaholic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite world/place

Oto was a LOT of fun! I also really liked Piffle. Sorry I can't write a longer post, but I'm being kicked off the computer. Will get back to you later when I've had time to think about it.

Tea at the Cat's Eye sometime?
    Welcome to the NEW WORLD

God save you if
    it is right
    that he should do so

*tcha*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ZaCloud's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great topic! There are so many cool things about so many of the worlds that it's hard for me to pick a favorite! Oooooh man...

Let me seeeeee.................

I'm pretty partial to the Hanshin Republic, due to the Kudans everyone has and the casual stance toward random combat in the streets. XD But I also love the virtual Oto for similar reasons. But I also adore Piffle world for its futuristicness and awesome flying machines and general happy bubbly atmosphere. And ummm... while the characters never actually experienced the tiny city under the water, that chapter warmed my heart so much. Just the creativity of the fish being their sun, and Shaoran's happy discovery and neat souvenir... It was just one of my favorite chapters for the warm happiness it brought to me. ^_^

And the world with the little fluffy guys was cute cuz they were all... little fluffy guys!

And Infinity... So badass and with such fashion sense!

GAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! How can I pick when CLAMP made up so many awesome worlds?!?!

Hmmmmmmm............ I think I'm gonna go with Oto though after much sitting here and thinking. It's just got so much variety to it, it's a lot like an Otaku's fantasy world basically, many different types of things people can do there from mundane and charming, to daring and bold but with the hint of of a safety net. So to that effect I also like the real world Oto was programmed in (Um, I forget the name of it) since it's a big ol' carnival and is real. So yeah, that's my pick(s). ^_^
    Hyuu Hyuuuu~!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ShirubiaLamperouge's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I ADORED the clothing in Jade, but apart from that it wasn't overly spectacular. I actually really liked Shura. The whole star cross'd lovers thing with Ashura and Yasha was sweet, and Ashura was kewl. Also, cute syaoran and sakura, and clothes! If Outo didn't have Seishirou *twitches* it'd be a lot better.
    I think my favorite world might actually be the country of the lake. Syaorans discovery of the city under the water was so sweet.

RIP Mopsy, my adorable, psychotic, half blind and overall quite epically seishirou-esque rabbit.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Syaoran's world under the sea is pretty much why I love him so much. What he says about wonderful things existing being a reason to be happy in and of itself is really a core part of how I view the world as well. You can practically see him making his own heart in that scene. It's so beautiful. If he wasn't so obviousy C!Sakura's, I'd be a bit in love with him in a "He's a fictional character but I can dream can't I?" kind of way. . . R!Syaoran NEVER thinks or does ANYTHING so, well, good.

I have to put in a good word for Celes though! It has the only, albeit greyed out and distant, pic in all of TRC of FAI WITH HIS SHIRT OFF!!! The fangirl moment this induces slightly kills the absolute gutting tragedy and horror of the world for me XD Same with Subaru catching C!Sakura after C!Syaoran goes all heartless, dumps her, and walks off. I just think, through a veil of tears, "How bad can life be? You're being tenderly held in the arms of SUBARU!!!''
    Welcome to the NEW WORLD

God save you if
    it is right
    that he should do so

*tcha*

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

"Tea at Cat`s Eye sometimes" YES OF COURSE! Finally someone comment. I did not like Piffle that much. I am to old-fashioned for Piffle. Besides Oto I liked Jade (NOT THE CREEPY DOCTOR KYLE). Old-fashioned you see...

"How bad can life be? You are in Subarus arms!!" O my god you just made my day!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 01, 2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged post

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, when it comes right down to it, my favourite world is Piffle. I love Piffle Princess Tomoyo, Kurogane's crush on her, the whole race concept (to get feather, WIN! Beautiful in its simiplicity), Kurogane being pwnsome in the race, Sakura beginning to show her true strength, and the sense of fun their time there has. It isn't as emotionally complicated as the later worlds (I almost can't read Infinity because it hurts too much. Though Fai's slightly undone shirt makes it a little more bearable! Clamp are brilliant, whenever things start to REALLY suck, one of the guys start to lose their shirt and provides that little bit of distraction needed to withstand the pain. Think about it. In Acid Tokyo C!Syaoran's shirt gets satisfyingly ripped up and we have KAMUI AND SUBARU!!! In Infinity Fai's shirt is nicely undone, in Ceres. . . *fangirl moment* AND C!Syaoran loses his shirt in the title image of 164 *another fangirl moment*. I can't believe I've just written all that).

It's kind of meaningless to pick a favourtie though, the worlds are so different and you can't really compare things that are too different.
    Welcome to the NEW WORLD

God save you if
    it is right
    that he should do so

*tcha*

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Shot, tsubasaholic. I promised my friend she could have Fai (he's too tall for me anyway. Ok, so is Lelouch, but that's DIFFERENT), so I'm refraining from fangirling TOO much. A little is still okay, though...
    I swear acid tokyo could be a contender for my favourite world just by having Kamui and Subaru. And, you know, the whole heart wrenching emotional breakdown I have every time I read/ watch it. And it has csakura being pwnsome (and she gets to fall into Subaru's arms. Hiss).
    I'm really never going to be able to choose between all the worlds. They were all, like tsubasaholic said, so different, it's impossible to try and sit them side by side.

RIP Mopsy, my adorable, psychotic, half blind and overall quite epically seishirou-esque rabbit.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Since everyone has said their favorite world now, why dont we continue with favorite place? My favorite place is Cat`s Eye and the ruins of Clow. They are amasing (spelled wrong) and powerful. The bridge in Chyn`yang is also a wery toching moment. Any other suggestion?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream world when C!Sakura admits she wants to live. Nothing gives me the same mixture of hope and heartbreak as that scene
    Welcome to the NEW WORLD

God save you if
    it is right
    that he should do so

*tcha*

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Yuuko's shop, and the sakura in the dream world (the tree, just to clarify). Those are more holic, but meh.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ZaCloud's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's soooo hard for me to pick any one! There were so many amazing moments and places... Some I forget cuz I've been a work zombie lately, and some I just love so much they all blur together. I gotta say Cat's Eye keeps springing to the forefront though. It seems like just the ideal place for everyone, the most comfortable setting where they all start truly trying their best at everything they do.

I wouldn't mind an entire mini-series being set there! Just normal days at the Cat's Eye, with Sakura running around in that cute little dress, flushed with pride at being useful; Fai meowing and looking dashing and cute at the same time, plinking on the paino (and probably playing like a pro when nobody's looking!); Kurogane and Shyaoran coming back from a night of creature-busting to be fed delicious stuff, with Kuro-tan chasing Fai in spastic rage; strange or amusing guests coming and going and creating little daily episode plots; Ryuuou having more buddy-time with Syaoran (and them perhaps destroying more furniture!)... Waaaiiiiii! I'd love it!
    Hyuu Hyuuuu~!

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyaaa that would be so ADORABLE. Me wants it! Oh god now I'm feeling depressed about everything that's going on in tsubasa right now...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I want it too!!! The everyday life scenes are the best. You know, no matter how TRC ends, they were all happy together once and nothing can ever take that away. It's important to remember that.

I like this thread. It's a good place for happy babble which isn't particularly true of the major discussion threads at the moment.
    Last edited by Tsubasaholic; March 29, 2009 at 05:22 AM.
    Welcome to the NEW WORLD

God save you if
    it is right
    that he should do so

*tcha*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to chose just one world... I think I'd have to go with Piffle, I just loved that world. I loved the advanced future feeling to it, and the race was great fun. Also, the CCS references were a lot of fun, and this kind of marks when the series starts taking a gloomier shade (atleast I feel this was the last truly bright world). And by gloomier I don't mean worse in any way, just different. Though, I loved Outo and Jade aswell.

It's getting late and I have school tomorrow, so I should go, good night everybody!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast