Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Tsunade & Dan Minato's mother and father?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member weehoo107's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tsunade and Dan are Minato's mother and father?

its definitely plausible, thats for sure. we dont know the last name of dan, so unless im uninformed, he could have very well been a namikaze. minato could have taken the name from his father. dan died, yes, but tsunade could've found out she was pregnant after his death. that would have left her senseless, the fear of being an only parent. besides, she lost all her dreams after dan died, so seeing the replica of his face on her son probably scared her too. :[[

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest problem with this theory is Minato is far to old to have been Tsuande's child. He'd likely be in his mid forties, like 43 by now which would have meant Tsuande would of had him when she was 10, seeing as how she is 53 now. That, my friends is impossible.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't read it all, but it seems to be a good Theory
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/367/11/

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi45 View Post
    Biggest problem with this theory is Minato is far to old to have been Tsuande's child. He'd likely be in his mid forties, like 43 by now which would have meant Tsuande would of had him when she was 10, seeing as how she is 53 now. That, my friends is impossible.
    Not impossible per see, but definitely not in the shounen spirits. I wouldn't mind for some dark shoujo like Kaori Yuuki's, but for something in the shounen Jump...

The youngest mother in Naruto so far is Tsume (Kiba's mother) who had her daughter at 18, I doubt we will see any younger mother than that.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now to burst anyone's bubble

I don't have a one page essay, or any other reasons why Minato is NOT Tsunade's son. Not do I only think its irrelevant, but I think it's absurd. Just my opinion

To the first poster, Naruto saying granny, is simply a form of Respect.

It is very common to say such things in Asian countries.

Plus I don't like the idea of Minato being the offspring of Dan and Tsunade. Just my thoughts... lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi45 View Post
    You are a bit off with the ages you see tsunade was about the same age as orochimaru and jiraiya so by your statement jiraiya would have been 10 years old when he lead team minato

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    You are a bit off with the ages you see tsunade was about the same age as orochimaru and jiraiya so by your statement jiraiya would have been 10 years old when he lead team minato
    Of course not, Jiraiya wouldn't have been 10 years old when he lead team minato, because he didn't train them from toddler to ninja. Minato graduate from Academy at the age of 10, Jiraiya became their teacher since then, which would give him about 20; from 19 if Minato is the same age as the oldest fathers of Naruto's classmates (Hyuuga Hiashi and Hizashi) to 23 if he's like the youngest (Shikaku, Inoichi and Chouza).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yakedo-Tenchou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, about the age, we really don't know how old Minato was. He doesn't seem like he was too old when he died though. Lets see...Tsunade's currently 55-56 I think. Say Naruto was born when Minato was 18 - 21... 18 + 16 = 34, 55 - 34 = 21. That would put Tsunade at 18 - 21 when Minato was born depending on his age, certainly possibly unless I'm missing something. Of course, just like in actual history, it might have been common for women to have children early, 15 - 18 which would give us an even bigger window to work with. All in all, the age works out as long as Naruto was born within Minato's late teens - early twenties.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member stevenash's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsunade and Jiraiya leaving Naruto isn't really an unpopular theme in manga...there's many instances where parents leave their kids to work overseas...or leave their kids to fend off for their lives while very little...at least in manga...and it seems Sandaime was kinda taking care of Naruto indirectly...

In conclusion, Tsunade as Naruto's grandma.......very possible...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member WaveBossa's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i am all for this theory.

It also explains why Tsunade thought "Hokage was Shit" and was so against the idea of dying for one's village.

Because if her son had to die for the village, her anger would have been understandable

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    That's if he led team Minato when they were infants, if he led them when they were like 13, he would of been in his twenties, much like Kakashi leading Team 7. Good try though.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gekkou's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... when jiraiya and tsunade talk about minato and kushina they say absolutely nothing nor show any kind of mother-son-grandson emotion... so i don't know...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaveBossa View Post
    Wow, i am all for this theory.

It also explains why Tsunade thought "Hokage was Shit" and was so against the idea of dying for one's village.

Because if her son had to die for the village, her anger would have been understandable
    There is at least one statement in every theory thread that makes be have some faith in the person's theory. I think you have just made that statement. Anyone would love to be Hokage but Tsunade went against it. That could really have been the reason...
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Frostal's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't so much of a believer until I read the thread.
    I'm so hoping it's true because it would make sense and imo would be a fantastic twist. It took us a while until Kishi confirmed that the fourth was his father, maybe he's keeping this secret till the end. It would certainly explain a few things. There was for example no real need to bring up the fourth in his tsunade conversation. And her reaction also lets me to believe there's more to it.(the blushing).
    It would also allow for the Senju vs Uchiha to really come full circle in the future.
    Also the valley where Sasuke and Naruto fought and Kakashi's statements there would lead me to believe so.

This is one of THE theories I want to see confirmed by Kishi.
    Eternal rivalry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frostal View Post
    I wasn't so much of a believer until I read the thread.
    I'm so hoping it's true because it would make sense and imo would be a fantastic twist. It took us a while until Kishi confirmed that the fourth was his father, maybe he's keeping this secret till the end. It would certainly explain a few things. There was for example no real need to bring up the fourth in his tsunade conversation. And her reaction also lets me to believe there's more to it.(the blushing).
    It would also allow for the Senju vs Uchiha to really come full circle in the future.
    Also the valley where Sasuke and Naruto fought and Kakashi's statements there would lead me to believe so.

This is one of THE theories I want to see confirmed by Kishi.
    What about the valley would lead you to believe it?
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast