Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15)

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15)

Welcome to the Let Dai Discussion Thread!

Title: Let Dai (Let 다이)
    Authored by: Won Sooyeon
    Original Publisher: Seoul Munhwasa
    Genre: Korean Boys Love, Mature, Drama, Psychological, Tragedy, Romance
    Japanese Release: 15 Volumes in 1995-2005 (complete)
    Scanlation: complete
    Age Ranking: Older Teenager (16+)
    Smut Level: light
    Content Warning: Rape, suicide, bloody violence and sadistic relationships

Summary (from NetComics):
    Set in a soulless neo-Seoul ruled by young punks and pleasure seekers, an amoral teenager named Dai is the living embodiment of the city's beauty and cruelty.

As the leader of the vicious Furies gang, Dai seduces everyone who lays eyes on him, only to blind them to his own barbaric nature. When an honest schoolboy named Jaehee rescues a beautiful girl from being mugged by the Furies, he can't possibly realize how this brief encounter will plunge him into a downward spiral of unbridled passion and unfathomable pain.

From his brutal gang initiation to an unspeakable act committed against his girlfriend, Jaehee wavers uncomfortably between revulsion and fascination. And in Dai he finds a tender, caring friend one moment and a heartless sociopath the next, awakening strange and unhealthy desires in Jaehee that he could never before have imagined.

Sample pages:

Eni's Mini-Review: While not everyone will like the twists and violent parts of this Manhwa, I still recommend it highly to every Boys Love fan with a fable for dramatic stories with comedy elements. The mood of this story changes constantly from deep tragic up to happy-fluffy romance and vice versa. It tries to draw a realistic picture of a group of teenagers and their (heavy) problems in life - friends and enemies, win and losses, happiness and tears. The Characters are deep and complex, it's a very plot-driven series with only mild but beautiful Boys Love content. Give it a try <3
    Last edited by Asclepius; February 04, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15)

Ugh, this series. Let Dai is beautiful and rough and emotionally exhausting. It's pretty much the only Boys love series I've ever read that reduced me to tears. You grow to love these messed up characters and their mistakes and I think this one will always be my all-time favorite shouen-ai title.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15)

Kawai!!!!!

Arigato!!!!!

New Reply