Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Databooks - R/T/S & Index

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tora-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Databooks - First Info on DB3!

More stuff.

Spoiler: Q1. Info on Kankuro, Chiyo and Sasori. show

Spoiler: Q2. Does the databook confirm Madara's story about the clan? I mean that Sasuke 's father was planning a coup? show

Spoiler: Q3. Shipping stuff - Sakura and Hinata's feelings towards Naruto, and Sakura's towards Sasuke show

Spoiler: Q4. Hidan and Orochimaru's "deaths". show

Spoiler: Q5. Minato's profile show

Spoiler: Q6. Shikamaru and Hidan's stats & profile info. show

Spoiler: Q7. Name meanings - Tobirama and Hiruzen show

Spoiler: Q8. Are Tobi and Madara the same person? show
    Last edited by tora-chan; September 09, 2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wanna read my databook translations? Click here!

2. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Full translation of Yamata no Jutsu by Kumanari from Narutofan:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Franckie; September 09, 2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added spoiler-tags

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Highest quality scan I could muster from my Databook, wondering if any extra information is given about Senjutsu.

Spoiler show

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I guess this piece of info might be put here as well..

Spoiler: Q1. Some info on Kakuzu's background show

Spoiler: Q2. Are Deidara's abilities, Kakuzu's threads, Suigetsu transforming into water Kekkei Genkai? show

Spoiler: Q3. Translation for Gouryuuka no Jutsu page show

Spoiler: Q4. Info about Tamaki, the girl in Nekobaa's shop show
    Last edited by tora-chan; September 11, 2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess this might be useful here as well... XD

Spoiler: Q1. Are Sasuke's new eyes just a normal Mangekyou Sharingan? show

10. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OK this is hopefully an inquiry into the jutsu that the Monks that Hidan and Kakuzu massacred, now once again as with the Senjutsu inquiry its the highest quality that can shine through both my scanner and photobucket. I am fully aware that the 4 Kanji at the lower left side of the box are blurred, I couldn't fix this without having to cut the page out of the book.

Spoiler show

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was finally able to complete my first full chara translation.. Enjoy
    Sasuke comes next, as soon as I have time.

EDIT: I forgot to specify... This translation can be posted to other places and/or be used for scanlations. As long as you credit, of course
    Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to do scanlations. It's not the easiest thing in the world to decently edit pages with text all over them and make them into something cute~ XD

By the way, all that is "ndt" is a note/comment added by me. What isn't is not.
    I left the pages' original numbers, not 1 2 3 etc. Anyway, it's 9 pages long.
    Bold for catchphrases, bold+italic for character lines, italic for captions. I'll be kind enough to include a quick translation of the balloons in the featured illustrations, but if you want to see the pictures/pages please look for it yourself because I currently don't have a scanner. Anyway, I think somebody posted the pages in this thread too..

Spoiler: Naruto's character file - full translation show
    Last edited by tora-chan; September 15, 2008 at 02:38 AM.

13. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlated page 24-25 Naruto Uzumaki profile :P

Spoiler show

Raw Provider: Japflap (thanks eagle :3)
    Translation: Tora-chan
    Edited by: Seraphimon-T.K. (me X3)

I hope the edited page is cute enough tora-chan I tried hard to fit all these texts in there i plan to edit the next pages too,so point out what i did wrong etc so i can make the next ones better (maybe i'll edit this one too again)

PS: sorry if that dont fit here >:3
    Last edited by Seraphimon-TK; September 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphimon-TK View Post
    I hope the edited page is cute enough tora-chan I tried hard to fit all these texts in there i plan to edit the next pages too,so point out what i did wrong etc so i can make the next ones better (maybe i'll edit this one too again)

PS: sorry if that dont fit here >:3

Let's see...
    I warn you: I'm a scanlator too, and I'm very picky... Beware!
    (lol, no harm intended obviously XDDD Just my opinion~)

It's cute, but~... First of all, fonts!

WildWords (the font you used for the balloons and main text) is always used for balloons. Since the databook *also* contains balloons, I think we should differentiate them from the main text. I'd choose a more.. "serious" font for the main text, since this is a guidebook after all.

Also, I would try to use as many fonts as the original version has, or at least a number of them. For example, I'd use different fonts for the following: main text, balloons, captions, catchphrases, character lines (namely the big ones in the first page of each profile). You could use the caption font for the "Ninja registration number etc" part too. Oh, speaking of that part, take off that bold effect, it's hard to read~ XD

Generally, the fonts you used are a bit too.. uhm... comic-oriented, IMVHO. This is a book that is meant to be read more than to be looked at, so I'd use more "normal" fonts. Not necessarily Verdana or the likes, but something that you might use in a normal text document or a poster. A sans-serif font which differentiates upper and lower-case might look good in there.

I'd use the same font for *all* catchphrases, but I'd differentiate them from character lines, otherwise they might be mistaken for the same thing.

Lastly, I would justify the text where it's justified in the Japanese version, because otherwise it tends to look messy with this kind of page layout.. Especially the main text!
    And... I would try to avoid having the text cover the pictures (excluding the chara lines that do the same in the Japanese version, obviously! XD). It's still ok to cover the borders like you did with the "The erotic ninjutsu praised.." part, but the "If that's what is needed" part looks really messy that way :/ If the text is too big make it slightly smaller, just don't cover the pics; it will be readable anyway.

...Ok, this is what I suggest XD Did I say I'm picky? 8D;;; You might think "then do it yourself".. I would, if I had more time! I'm already busy doing the translations, editing would be too much Y_Y

Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm very grateful to anyone that tries his/her hands at scanlating the guidebooks, plus you did a very admirable thing by asking suggestions, I appreciate it very much!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

EDIT: For all the scanlations of DB3 go to the new thread at http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showt...16#post1032916
    Last edited by slmcknett; September 18, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

18. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished translating Sasuke's data file!

You can find it here.

From now on I'll post any full translation there and only short answers and such here. I'll still link the posts here when I finish, though. As soon as I have some time I'll add threads with all the other data files I translated so far and create a sticky with the index.

If you have questions about a data file, you can post them in its own thread ^^

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    adding onto my last post, i've now scanlated the sasuke pages thanks to the scans from eagle and the translation from tora-chan, and the text from all the scanlators.

Ehm...... Something wrong here **; That's not my translation XD;;; And, may I add, it's quite off.. **; I don't know where you got it, I linked mine in my last post, but that's not it XD; (This doesn't mean that you have to remove the scanlation, just change the credits to the real translator I don't want to be credited for such an inaccurate translation, by the way )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan View Post
    Ehm...... Something wrong here **; That's not my translation XD;;; And, may I add, it's quite off.. **; I don't know where you got it, I linked mine in my last post, but that's not it XD; (This doesn't mean that you have to remove the scanlation, just change the credits to the real translator I don't want to be credited for such an inaccurate translation, by the way )
    i just paraphrased it from ur last post so that it would flow more smoothly for me. sry

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    i just paraphrased it from ur last post so that it would flow more smoothly for me. sry

Well, first of all, if you paraphrased it you have to write "the translation is based on tora-chan's translation, but I paraphrased it", because otherwise it looks like it was done by me.

Secondly, I don't know if you possess any Japanese knowledge at all, but if you're not sure about the original meaning you shouldn't paraphrase another person's translation. Your work ended up containing countless mistakes, both in meaning and in English grammar.. ^^; I don't understand how that may sound smooth to your ears, but really, it became a whole different thing compared to what's actually written in the book. I wouldn't call that "translation" **;

This is one of the worst examples, but not by all means the only one:
    (from page 44)
    With his eyes set on victory is the reason behind his power to win!

It doesn't make sense in English.. What does it mean? ^^;;
    The same line as in my translation:
    His gaze is fixed upon the word "victory". That is why he can also see the way that leads to it.

I don't know, maybe it doesn't sound as smooth to you, but I think it makes sense ^^;

Anyway, sorry if I sounded too harsh, but really, I think that if one doesn't know Japanese s/he should be very careful editing other people's translations.. For all that you know, you might be changing the meaning to something completely different... Also, I may not be a native speaker of the English language, but I can tell that your grammar and syntax are far from perfect... ^^; I appreciate anyone that wants to help in bringing translations/scanlations to the world, but one should ask oneself whether s/he has the necessary skills to do it or not.. If you can't translate you can still scanlate, but in that case you'd better stick to the translations already provided by others, without modifying them. If you think that a translation contains a mistake or might be improved, you're free to (moreover, I encourage you to) contact the translator to discuss about it ^^

EDIT: I didn't notice that Naruto's profile received the same treatment as Sasuke's... As I said, please change the credit to "based on tora-chan's translation but paraphrased by me", both in Sasuke's and Naruto's profiles, wherever you wrote it. I don't like to be credited for something that is not 100% mine, especially if the quality is way lower ^^;
    Last edited by tora-chan; September 17, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast