Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 89 review by Sarry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore 89 review by Sarry

Hello

This is one of the saddest chapters in this series by far (Another was Flora's death, IMO).

Credits go to Franky-House for scanlating the chapter and cnet128 for translating the chapter.

Isley's strength

Let's play "kick the hunter chick"

The Chapter continues off where it had left off in the previous chapter. Isley is still fighting with the hunters, but heavy damages are being dealt to him while he continues to chop off their heads and limbs. It is very clear that Isley is losing the battle, and fast.

A trait of the hunters

Reminds me of leeches for some reason

An expected yet interesting point about the hunters is that they condition themselves while fighting the targeted enemy. Even though they get pierced like normal claymores do if they were hit with a large force, but they regenerate insanely fast and can adopt their body rigidity to withstand powerful attacks.

However, hope isn't lost yet, as they can be killed, most likely by massive damage and complete decapitation.

Another nice feature about the abysmal feeders is that even when a hunter has been killed, the newly made replacement hunter can be fed experience and information by syncing with the other remaining hunters.

The Organization has gained a powerful weapon, aside from the soul linking in Beth and Alicia.

Then Dietrich explains why Isley was hiding among villagers, and that is to mask his own smell, hoping to escape these wretched creatures, but to no avail.

Regrouping order

Run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

Then Devene tells Helen that they must escape so that they can recover from their wounds and escape the hunters. But during the talking, Helen and Devene mentions that there is a piece of Riful hidden where the original claymores fought, where Riful was encountered the last time. But one thing is sure, and that is that Riful will be hosting a big "party", if you will, soon.

Supply for Hunters

I guess the best parts are the hard earned ones

Also, Dietrich makes a good point that the organization will make use of any awakened remains they can get to make these hunters, something that creates urgency in its own right. Perhaps the group will try to save some remains of Isley to make sure that the Organization doesn't use them to make ultimate soldiers.

The Sad Moment

......*no comment*

Then we get the sad part of the chapter, where Isley has his last words (hopefully he makes a return….) stating the feelings of despair and sadness he feels. It turns out that he had changed heart when he had watched Raki mature with Priscilla, something that made him, perhaps, human again. So the expected thing that he would have done is to drive both of them out of his territory so that when the Organization comes knocking the door, Raki and Priscilla would have a chance to live and get stronger, perhaps even create a surprise and causing some damages to the Organization.

Last words.....last thoughts

Even though this was a fictional character, Isley has managed to connect with the readers, and I feel as if we must give a moment of silence to his death.
    RIP Isley, you will be sorely missed.

The last bit of the chapter continues with a meeting with the elders of the organization; we see the causalities of the recent fight, that number 8 was missing, Dietrich to be exact.

Here we also get some development from Rubel, if you can call it that. He denies any new information on the new parties in the bigger picture, i.e Miria's team. It is becoming more and clearer that he has some ties to the other side, and wants the destruction of the Organization. But the real question is does the organization really know of his loyalty or are they really naïve? Personally I would like to think that they do know, but they are keeping their cards hidden.

Beginning of the blitz attacks

The sun is soo blue.....*goes on randomly*

Last, but not least, we get that Beth and Alicia are moving to Riful's region in an attack spearheaded by a group of Hunters. My feeling is that Riful has some kind of back-up plan if the Organization attacks here, since they have been wanting to years ago.

Rating: 9.5/10 (the -0.5 is for killing Isley)a very emotional chapter, even though given is some panels, yet they have the spotlight of this arc, IMO.
    Predictions:The next arc, coming soon in the next chapter or so, will be very bloody; with Riful mounting a defensive attempt against the hunters and both Beth and Alicia. As well, Claire's group will have some action involved.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; March 10, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 89 review by Sarry

Sad chapter indeed, I really felt that his death was untimely. But you know what they say, the show must go on....

Rip Isley.

I really hope the remains of Isley don't make a new abyssal feeder...That would be very twisted....

very nice review btw, I like the captions....
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Number 8 is missing" refers to Dietrich. Also it was during her rescue of Audery that Helen cut off some of Riful's tentacles.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-nat View Post
    Sad chapter indeed, I really felt that his death was untimely. But you know what they say, the show must go on....

Rip Isley.

I really hope the remains of Isley don't make a new abyssal feeder...That would be very twisted....
    Don't worry, there are no remains...
    I can't agree that there was anything sad about this chapter though. This death was too good for Isley. After all don't forget the war of Pieta, when he did so much and now is forgiven? that's just wrong man...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rukori View Post
    Don't worry, there are no remains...
    I can't agree that there was anything sad about this chapter though. This death was too good for Isley. After all don't forget the war of Pieta, when he did so much and now is forgiven? that's just wrong man...
    Granted that he made some nasty events, especially in Pieta.

But in end of his life, he started to believe in love and all that feelings, (from Raki) and in a sense he began to feel to have a family; so he could have began to feel bad about what he did to those families in Pieta.

But to each their own, some might feel sadness, some might not

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

even i felt bad for poor isley when he died.
    i didnt expect him to go out like that at all

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither, I expected him to escape and fight another long battle before dying. And it was a really sad chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey sarry, how come you're not reviewing this week?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that, I should have written a note on my review;

I didn't review claymore 90 between it was released in a week when I have a lot of tests and projects, so I didn't have much time to write full reviews.

Although I think I would have some time to write up a review for Claymore 91, which should come next week, and luckily I have a relatively lax workload.

Although I wonder what happened to Natli, and why she stopped reviewing??

New Reply