Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Schierke and Guts?

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Schierke and Guts?

What is going on here? I often bring this topic up, I want to have a more in depth discussion about it. What does Guts mean to her? The blushing, the connecting? It's all too much to just ignore as "friendship", what exactly does she feel? What kind of relationship does she think they have? For the most part Guts sees her as a friend and other things are unnoticed to him.

Miura had the original "love triangle" and shipping only in the realm of Guts/Caska/Griffith, how is he expanding the romance and other types of "love" themes in Berserk and more specifically Guts and Schierke?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Schierke and Guts?

Didn't she say to that Griffith fangirl(forgot her name) that she loves him because he is kind or something? And Farnese loves him too, she is even jealous of Casca.

I don't know what he is planning to do with them, it depends on what will happen to Casca... But at this point, Casca can never love Griffith.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The age difference makes it weird. If she just saw him as a father figure, she wouldn't feel jealous of Caska, which makes me think that it's more than that. It's a childhood crush I guess, and I hope it will pass and evolve to something like friendship instead. Also Guts and Schierke's relationship is a parallel to Flora Skullknight's relationship.I think that Flora also had feelings for SK when he was still human(I don't know what he is now) but since he was walking a path of destruction like Guts it never got to the point that they may have become lovers.SK really cared for Flora as a friend, and I think it's the same for Guts towards Schierke.
    Miura should make an arc about SK, or a gaiden series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair Miura has showed "sexually suggestive" content involving Guts and Schierke, it can be for momentary fan service, but he makes her so involved in it, the connection could just be "spiritual" and she can have her feelings when she is with him in that way. As far as real contact or even waiting for her to grow up so there can be a love relationship on the normal level, I think not. So yeah, maybe Miura is giving her the pleasure on a different level.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it wasn't for fan service, but more to depict a spiritual relationship. Then again the fanservicey baths scene this chapter with another way underaged girl, Erica, means it could just be fanservice. Which is incredibly gross.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakensama View Post
    I hope it wasn't for fan service, but more to depict a spiritual relationship. Then again the fanservicey baths scene this chapter with another way underaged girl, Erica, means it could just be fanservice. Which is incredibly gross.
    Caska and Guts, and their relationship had so much story, background and struggle in it. Even tho there were scenes which can be dubbed "fanservice" it was real, but the witch girl seems to think of it in a more serious way, making it seem like Miura can pull another thing like that, if it was for fanservice tho, that's kind of missing the point, since no doubt Schierke is not letting go of her feelings that easily in fact they are growing more intense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it does look like it's becoming more like a spiritual connection, but sometimes you feel it's more than that. It doesn't make it any less disturbing. Also I noticed when Schierke dives into Guts person, she's always on his shoulders, just like Prome and Delos. They're like Guts and Schierke 2.0 lol.
    Speaking of Guts and Caska,I don't see these two getting back together if and when Caska regains her sanity. There's quite a few things that stand between them, mostly their child who became Griffith's vessel. But I agree that their relationship was more fleshed out than Guts and Schierke's, or even that of another female who's in love with Guts: Farnese.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

She's a kid, kinda mature when it comes to her personality, but a kid, probably never experienced the feeling of love before
    I think it's a mix of love/admiration, probably from the lack of a father figure

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply