Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What will be the ending of Berserk?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will be the ending of Berserk?

i fear we wont see the end

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind waiting, but I'm afraid when the release is this horrible typical of berserk release time, my interest for this manga is already gone and the story itself doesn't seem that interesting anymore because there is already another new manga that has a much much more crazier story and an awesome arts.

Its like Chinmi more than 15 years ago, collect the volume till vol 13 or maybe more and suddenly distribution of this manga stops in my country. Release in 3-4 month a volume, I lose interest for this manga, collect another manga, got lots of works.... and the rest as you can say is history.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

i personaly think of not a happy ending for berserk. There are some hints about guts that he will become a apostel because he is alsway having a behelit with him and the demon dog inside his ego/mind did say something about that one day he will come out so maybe i think in the heat of battle against the hawk that guts will lose hin mind has only the goal of revenge and will sacrifice his companiens to acieve the powe of a apostel to deaft the hawk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in the final berserk DVD, there is a audio interview with miura, he talks about how he spends 15 hours a day working on berserk, how usa movies like conan were sort of his insipration AND he also says that he will have a nice/good ending for guts. So it looks like its going to be "and they all lived happliy ever after, expect the god hand and apostles"

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gattsu's journey will end well, but I don't think he'll kill Griffith or any of the other God Hands. That's skull knight's job. Gattsu needs to overcome fate to truly be happy, and to do that he has to break free of the destiny imposed upon him by Griffith. Griffith condemned Gattsu to a life driven by revenge, so for Gattsu to win he has to beat Griffith not physically, but mentally.
    Also I think it's pretty clear that Void is to Skull Knight as Griffith is to Gattsu. But Skull Knight said fate moved in a spiral, so maybe Gattsu won't follow the same path of vengeance. That's how I want this to end.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

ive always imagined berserk ending in a simillar way as gungrave, but who knows what wil happen

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts should die a violent death, but not before he kills the God Hands

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Crisis.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i say kill guts and griffith making it a tie and then a little soft moment right after that from those 2 thus ending it with guts's and griffith's friends crying over them

ah that would be nice but if guts die before he kills griffith then what would had been the point? one of the main ideals of the manga is guts going through a bunch of shits just to get his revenge if he doesn't get it that would be a huge plot hole

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm , I think that Griffith will own a kingdom but after a while [like 1-2 years] when every conflict settles down and he is recognized as the king , he will feel a void in his heart coz the only thing that keeps him going is his Dream for which he has sacrificed too much . And as we have read , he does not take anyone his friend unless they r equally powerful as him . He will only be able to think of Gatts who now well doesn't feel anything for him but pity[maybe a little hatred] .

He will feel no use in living any longer . He will go berserk attacking his Generals asking them what to do since there is not anything for him left . He will visit Gatts who will either ignore him / just reject him .

Feeling the errors of his ways , he will commit suicide . Giving the message that you should not sacrifice so much for ur ambition that it ends up consuming u / haunting u .

Gatts on the other hand will live a peaceful life by ending the chain of hatred with Casca and all his companions with Isihi as his successor as guardian for something / just a master of arms [I dont think that they will kill a kid protagonist , so maybe even magic girl will survive , maybe end up Marrying Ishi too *o.o*] .

The God hand on the other hand will most probably have been destroyed in the matter of the journey [or still exist to show that we need to always stay careful of our inner demons]

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, what...? He had a heart at all? After the Eclipse and the reincarnation, first as Femto, then after taking the body of the child? Isn't he one of the God Hand now? o_O

Sure, there was the case of The Count in the second volume, but that was a lesser demon/superior being...

What you are saying there, my friend, will never happen in Berserk. This is not that kind of manga series.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't think that it is a likely ending either. Griffith growing a heart upon realizing that his all-devouring dream was hopeless? No way that's gonna happen.
    He doesn't behave "heartless" or anything like that either, he seemed to have a pretty good relationship to his soldiers, the apostles and Sonya. He also has comrades who are on the same level as him, which are the God Hand.

However, it might not be impossible that he turns against the God Hand one day, although I don't think so. I wonder what role the skull knight will take in the later story, he still seems very superior to Guts.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissingLimb View Post
    I think Gattsu's journey will end well, but I don't think he'll kill Griffith or any of the other God Hands. That's skull knight's job. Gattsu needs to overcome fate to truly be happy, and to do that he has to break free of the destiny imposed upon him by Griffith. Griffith condemned Gattsu to a life driven by revenge, so for Gattsu to win he has to beat Griffith not physically, but mentally.
    Also I think it's pretty clear that Void is to Skull Knight as Griffith is to Gattsu. But Skull Knight said fate moved in a spiral, so maybe Gattsu won't follow the same path of vengeance. That's how I want this to end.
    I think kind of so too. When the armor was presented, I already had the feeling that it connects his and the Skull knights destiny together somehow.
    Maybe skull knight took the same road as Gats did... or from otherview: Gatts is on the same road(fate), and is on his way to their fate connects and he becomes the/a Skull knight. And so he will have the power to fight even against the godhands..
    But as we see, skull knight is alone, and Gatts has a team.. maybe he sacrifices also his team (as Griffith did), and so he becomes the SK (or alike of thing).
    OR this would be happen normally, but the little witch can keep him by his mind, so he wont sacrifice his friends...

But if the manga will continue for 25 years more.. the end will be, that I'll stop reading it..

(btw sorry for my bad english)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope the ending is good. I can't imagine how the fanbase will react if the ending is extremely unsatisfying after following the series for 30~ years. Can you say "death threats"?

As for how it will actually end. Guts will kill the God Hand, including Griffith and most likely die in the process. Or he will be so cursed from the berserker armor that he banishes himself from society for their safety and can never see them again. That's just my guess though.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason the only characters that I see surviving in the end of Berserk are Puck and Caska, I really can't explain it, but the others pretty much seem like they would die or something. Puck is the one that is going to survive I am fairly sure of it, however Caska I doubt it, but I just have a feeling she will as well.

As for some spectacular ending and the battle between Guts and Griffith I don't really know how it will end, but the survivors will be very few, I imagine a war-like ending for Berserk.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    For some reason the only characters that I see surviving in the end of Berserk are Puck and Caska, I really can't explain it, but the others pretty much seem like they would die or something. Puck is the one that is going to survive I am fairly sure of it, however Caska I doubt it, but I just have a feeling she will as well.

As for some spectacular ending and the battle between Guts and Griffith I don't really know how it will end, but the survivors will be very few, I imagine a war-like ending for Berserk.
    Its going to involve Guts killing Griffith. I'm not sure how he will pull it off but something tells me we will get a glimpse of the concept when he reaches elfheim.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast