Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What will be the ending of Berserk?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will be the ending of Berserk?

I wonder if it's really going to end in a straight storyline. So far Miura hasn't really put in any time jumps, but somehow I could imagine one following after another plot turn.
    Something like Guts failing again (at killing Griffith this time), then having a time jump and then seeing Guts returning like ten years later, and dying while killing Griffith - because I don't really see the still quite young Guts dying for some reason.

Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Its going to involve Guts killing Griffith. I'm not sure how he will pull it off but something tells me we will get a glimpse of the concept when he reaches elfheim.
    Yeah the ending is expected, what I meant sure it can be theri final battle, but apart form that, I think it will end with a war, Griffith already has a huge army. Guts does not have much, but he can gather.

Also @Roflkopt3r

You mean like a time-skip?

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The terrible reality is that Berserk will not ever be finished.

Not unless the human lifespan is increased by like 50 years...at least. It seems like they have been traveling to Elfheim for my entire adult life. I'll consider myself fortunate to even live long enough to see them reach that freakin place.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just that the arcs in Berserk are long, but that does not mean they do not move the story forward, like:

Golden Age, it took a while to finish that, but the story really progressed, even more so, it established the whole plot.

Conviction or Retribution, the arc with Mozgus and the church also involved Guts dealing with a GREAT power in the world of Berserk.

The falcon arc, that one got Griffith established as an even more powerful person, that now has the power of the people on his side, and even more they believe in him and trust him.

As for this arc it is at the beginning, so it is moving slow, sadly this is when most fans caught up, those who have been reading it for ten years, I can not even image what they are thinking.

But this arc is not the ending, a solid two-three arcs will be the ending where everything is wrapped up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts dies.
    Griffith dies.

Rickert is King of Falconia.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Guts kills everyone and then just walks away.

Every big terrible character throughout the series has been attempting to become a god by gaining more power and more influence. Guts doesn't really care for status or power. He's beginning to get his own little army and in the most recent chapters he has had to rely on them numerous times to beat his ever growing opponents. But he never really instructs them on how to carry themselves... they just kind of do it. I think that similarly to the first arc, guts and co. will continue to win until there is no one left. At that point he'll simply walk away from the potential, "king" or, "ruler" position.

The roman's caesar and successive caesar's would simply take power once their military campaigns were over because they were simply strong enough to do so. Unlike caesar Guts is not a king. He is currently a small leader, but has never shown any content leading more than a handful of people. Nothing is gonna stop guts from killing everyone. The series relies on it.

It's what he choses to do once everyone is dead that I am fascinated to see

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see everyone dying, but I'm sure there will be casualties on the way to taking down Griffith. Guts will probably die, since what he wants most is revenge against Griffith. Prior to the eclipse, Guts just wanted to equal to Griffith and earn his respect as a friend. Maybe he will achieve this dream without even knowing it. It would be nice to see Guts strip Griffith of his power and claim Falconia for himself, but that's just a pipe dream I guess.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The ending I see is similar to Devilman's ending. Guts will die, and he won't be able to take his revenge.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    The ending I see is similar to Devilman's ending. Guts will die, and he won't be able to take his revenge.
    I hope the ending will be a little more upbeat than that. How about this: the ending shows a thousand years later were Guts is in Skullknight's place trying to take down the Godhand.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I hope the ending will be a little more upbeat than that. How about this: the ending shows a thousand years later were Guts is in Skullknight's place trying to take down the Godhand.
    I don't find that satisfying since that would mean he'll have to lose his humanity in order to take down the Godhand. Besides we don't know what SK is. He might not be an Apostle, but he could be anything, and not necessarily something "holy" .Besides Guts was sacrificed to the Godhand. If he dies he'll just become one of those spirits that we saw in the earlier volumes.So I doubt he'll be able to come back in another form.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that SK has a vested interest in Guts due to all the times that he has saved him and warned him of things to come. I really think there is more to it than Guts just being a fellow struggler. For now it is just wild speculation by me, but SK knew that Guts was born from a corpse. Princess Charlotte mentioned that although Gaeseric didn't have heirs to his empire, the midland royalty are related to him. So what I'm trying to say is that the reason that SK is always saving Guts is because he is a direct heir to Gaeseric. Flora asked SK (which he never answers) whether he is helping Guts because of empathy or for some ulterior motive.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

So that makes Guts royalty according to you. I'm not saying it couldn't be possible, but I'd rather think SK helped Guts because he's been through a similar situation, and because he sees in him the only person capable of taking down the Godhand. That or he feels guilty because he failed at taking down Void.Either way we'll know more about SK when Miura decides to tell us more about the Godhand.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    So that makes Guts royalty according to you. I'm not saying it couldn't be possible, but I'd rather think SK helped Guts because he's been through a similar situation, and because he sees in him the only person capable of taking down the Godhand. That or he feels guilty because he failed at taking down Void.Either way we'll know more about SK when Miura decides to tell us more about the Godhand.
    Yeah, it's just a pipe dream. And it's not exactly in Guts character to be a king; he's such a loner. Although he's been through a lot of shit, he's still a young man. He left the Band in order to carve a better path for himself which might have led to being a king or something similar. But it would be cool if Skull Knight reveals himself to be Gaeseric and presents Guts as his heir.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to imagine what things would be like if Guts never heard the conversation that Griffith had with Princess Charlotte. And if Griffith wasn't forced to use his behelit. Griff would have prolly married Charlotte, and Guts would have become a lord at his court.
    So Guts becoming a king, or even a noble, isn't too far-fetched. I like the idea tbh.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner abuyi's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffith sacrifice isnt complete until gatsu and casca are dead. if somehow gatsu dies but the apostles dont get his body then griffith might loose everything. he would end up in his true form of shit. gatsu has enough blood in his hand. i think by far now he has equivalent blood in his hand as Griffith once had. so i be okay if gatsu die but death brings the true vengeance to griffith. the whole world goes to normal. gatsu & griffith becomes myth.

what you guys think of that??

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast