Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What will be the ending of Berserk?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will be the ending of Berserk?

Casca will sacrifice herself to power Guts Behelit. Guts along with his achieved Buffs will go God Hand strength. Guts kills Griffith and dies in the process. Guts is reunited with Casca in the Abyss.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this story. Best manga I've ever read. The characters feel so real. I don't believe a good ending relies completely in how unpredictable the events are but rather how they happen. Not "what", but "how". Many authors ruin their stories trying to avoid being predictable. I think the ending for berserk shouldn't be anything unexpected; after all, it is already an epic. I doesn't need some stupid trascending spirit crappy cheap philosphy, matrix evangelion complicated ending. Personally, I just want Gatts to win. However it happens, I want him to succeed over Griffith.

Griffith is not a villain that cares about being killed. The only reasonable vengeance to actually crush the man would be to destroy his dream. To see Gatts systematically bring and end to everything in his rather ambitious bucket list. Just like a domino effect. I don't believe Miura will slaughter Gatts newfound Fellowship Of the Ring. That would suck. It would be like Griffith winning all over again. I don't want Griffith to have that satisfaction. If crushing Griffith's dream would be his true demise, Gatts's true victory would be to save his woman by removing the brand. That would truly give him some sense of achievement. If Casca dies, Gatts loses his hope. Further tragedy just won't strengthen the story but make it slower. Characters without hope are boring. They just got nothing to loose. It's like looking for a good Superman story (NON EXISTENT). Vulnerability makes heroes interesting. That's why everyone likes Batman better. Back to Berserk, if Gatts dies in the end saving her. That's fine. But I sure as hell want to se Gatts smiling last. If he doesn't die, that's fine too. In fact, even better. It would make the story less romantic, like Hamlet all over again. Picture Rickert's sword graveyard and DragonSlayer in the middle. Suddenly Gatts enters the frame, grabbing the sword again and saying some corny hollywood punch line like "Just in case", and Casca sitting in a horse sighing, -dumbass-. It sounds pretty stupid and not as deep as many people would hope for Berserk's ending. But I would dig something like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure if Guts dies caska would kill herself unless the child somehow convinced her. However if Caska died I am pretty sure Guts current character would be destroyed and he would turn into a apostle (the hound of darkness will turn him) Something like Skull Knight. Guts would kill all the cast though too cause he would be a man of extreme hate he would be berserk.
    But I hope those two find a way because its been alot of doom and groom for those two already.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Goklok's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end I think, Gutts and his friend go in the Incarnation Ceremony(God hand's place), case gutts got that red ball face thing but gutts nerver sacrifice his friend.Maybe that time casca get memory back in the incarnation Ceremony.then gutts got something special (for sure) that can kill all god hand.GOOD ENDING...so long until the end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm alive to see the blessed ending of "Berserk", that would be great. Just in case, I don't make it, here goes:

Most likely, since Griffith has established a new empire that's not only effected the human world, but spirit world as well, Gutts will transcend beyond human limitations, in order to save Caska's spirit (or mind) and to defeat Griffith, once and for all. Not sure about the details, but there are a few battles I'd like to see and some further information on certain characters as well.

Overall, I'm still loving the manga, despite the hiatus.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I fear Griffith will rez his old band of the hawk to fight gats....pipen/judeau/corkus/etc. to really put the hurt factor to gats(right in the feelz)....
    I could see this happening when gats starts mowing thru all the apostals....I have a feelin he will exceed skullknight's prophecy...he will tame the armor with the help of the elves...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

any predictions about Caska?

How would the story unfold if
    a. the elf king could not restore her sanity
    b. The elf king could restore her sanity but not her memories
    c. the elf king could restore both sanity and memories

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    any predictions about Caska?

How would the story unfold if
    a. the elf king could not restore her sanity
    b. The elf king could restore her sanity but not her memories
    c. the elf king could restore both sanity and memories
    a-Guts becomes a demon and kill everyone.
    b-c. He would be happy, especially in scenario c.

Would Guts still want to kill Griffith that much is Casca is saved? It's been a while since I read Berserk. I am 100% sure she won't die because Guts would become a villain if it happens.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the story could go either way.

if A should happen- as you said, Guts will just become even angrier.. Or maybe, he will lose a big chunk of motivation? He'll be in a slump for a time before realizing that he'll have to look for other reasons for fighting against evil. But that would probably take more time for the story, and will create a lull and be a bit anticlimactic.

if it's B- Other than to be happy, which I'm sure he will be, to some extent, they'll all have to kind of tell her about everything- and Caska's reaction to the entire thing could be very variable. She could either accept it and merely move on- live like normal, run away from the impending evil that the others have to face. Or she could decide to fight simply because she has nowhere else to go from there. But she'll not be the same, you know? If she's just a normal person, and she doesn't remember anything prior- she might not be able to reciprocate Guts' feelings for her like what chemistry they had in the past. She might not have the same personality as what she had back then. Guts might even fall out and just let her go.

If it's C-That would somehow be the better option. Except if she remembers she'll be emotionally scarred, even more so than the trauma she has now since she's already sane. But knowing Caska, she's brave and she'll fight with Guts against Griffith, which will be better for everybody. I'm sure it's a happily-ever-after scenario.

Just saying, these three could all be possible since this is a seinen, and I couldn't really expect what Miura will choose for these characters' paths. He might even make it so that the Elf king can do all three- and will make Guts decide what he wants for Caska.

In that case, if you were Guts and made to choose out of the three, which would you prefer? That the woman you love gains sanity but loses all memories she had of you, or that she gains back everything but also lives to remember how she was defiled and how everyone around her was slaughtered in that bloody mess? She'll have to live with the nightmares all her life, and might even fear any sexual contact because of it.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you are right, option b isn't very good. But I think he could really become a villain is there is no way to save Casca, she is the only reason he chose to have teammates and the reason why he is not consumed by hate, Casca is like the link who tied them, he needs her affection, badly. I don't think someone other than her can fill the void within his heart, unless maybe their child?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe berserk's ending will be similar to devilman's ending
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

No one knows how Guts and Griffth can give the mess to an end, but I think Guts will either be fighting over something else or Guts dies but his human spirit(some boy as young guts..) lives on.

That's really old-fashioned but very "Guts". Btw, the word "Guts" already surpasses "Berserk" for me in this manga.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Yeah, you are right, option b isn't very good. But I think he could really become a villain is there is no way to save Casca, she is the only reason he chose to have teammates and the reason why he is not consumed by hate, Casca is like the link who tied them, he needs her affection, badly. I don't think someone other than her can fill the void within his heart, unless maybe their child?

I don't understand why many of you all suggest that Guts becomes villian if Caska isn't save from her sanity. I mean before SK told him about the "cure", guts is still pretty much himself. As long as Caska is alive, Guts will most likely retain his "sanity".

Option B can open to a lot of doors for different path. She could first be saved from sanity, but only regained her memory right before Gut's dying breath. Or during some critical moment just before Griffith land the killing blow to Guts etc. It really adds a lot of interesting element to the story.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gattberserk View Post
    I don't understand why many of you all suggest that Guts becomes villian if Caska isn't save from her sanity. I mean before SK told him about the "cure", guts is still pretty much himself. As long as Caska is alive, Guts will most likely retain his "sanity".

Option B can open to a lot of doors for different path. She could first be saved from sanity, but only regained her memory right before Gut's dying breath. Or during some critical moment just before Griffith land the killing blow to Guts etc. It really adds a lot of interesting element to the story.
    He wasn't bad but he was a jerk who didn't care about the others, I admit I liked it when he was using children like baits during his fights and was slowly getting corrupted by the demon wolf.
    If it wasn't for Casca he would have never made a team and started to open his heart to them again. I seriously doubt he could have continued to travel alone with her without losing his "sanity".

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, just wanted to contribute my 2 cents on this topic, I think Guts could be something completely different, i know this sort of radical thinking but i reckon it might have a big twist at the end, how his whole life was a trial. Hope i dont offend anyone but maybe like the life of Jesus and his struggles. In this story of Guts no one knows whos his real father or his mother for that matter and his whole life is a struggle, i know his no angel in terms of his actions and words but deep inside he does have a kind heart and always self-sacrificing. I think he defeats all his enemies in end but right at the end he ascends to heaven to speak to God himself, not answer to the Godhands. The whole thing was a test from God to test his son if his worthy of being the right hand of God. Maybe we might get a happy ending like that where he has proven himself and is given a great power. Maybe even turn back time or ressurect all of his friends from the original 'band of the hawk' to enter heaven. Who knows. Just some food for thought.
    I know it might not fit the story but i really do hope in one way or another Guts and Casca do find peace regardless of the ending. Maybe have Guts admit his feelings for Casca cause i've never seen him say anything but just reactions indicative of his feelings for her.
    Anyways just some thoughts i had thinking of the entire story so far.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4