Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 295 Discussion/296 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 295 Discussion/296 Prediction Thread

I think you might be right about that Amnesiac. I think that army
    Nishi was talking about are the aliens or vampires, or whatever
    other monsters that are lurking in the dark. The world becomes a
    battlefield. But I think Gantz556 has a point too. Those who don't
    score are trapped in gantz. But if the Gantzer stop or survive
    Katastrophe I think the surviving Gantzer are set free. Who knows
    with Oku.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BladeRunn3r's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so is the chap out yet or no? im confused...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno Gantz 556! I mean, whenever Thousand Arms would heal itself, there was a picture of the disk and then the disk being turned. When it didn't heal itself due to the acid that Kei "Girlfriend" kicked on it, the disk was also melted. I think the key to killing it would be the disk...two more shots wouldn't make much of a difference, I don't think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the transfers followed the same rules as usual during the Nuri mission, Nishi should have had the H-gun when he was transferred back to the Gantz room at the end of the Nuri mission. However, we don't really know whether he did or not; we just know that he wasn't carrying it in his hands when we first saw him, a few minutes after he had transferred. If you'll notice, as of page 7 of this issue, he wasn't carrying the H-gun any longer. It wasn't visibly on the floor or anywhere else, either. I still say that he's been carrying the H-gun in his arsenal ever since the Nuri mission ended, just like he did all of his weapons at the beginning of the series:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-c...-5-page-3.html

Just because one of Nishi's weapons isn't in his hand doesn't mean he isn't carrying it. The H-gun he was using this time could just as easily have been the same one he shot Nuri with. He wouldn't have been able to use it at the school because it would have triggered the bomb in his head. Remember that he kept the X-pistol covered in a bag the whole time, for that very reason.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of Gantz being an RPG (though it does make sense!) but I have considered playing an RPG using the Gantz universe! XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What did Gantz say that had everyone so shocked? the scanlation I read didnt translate the text on the ball. Can someone link me to a scanlation that does. Jide has nvr let me down b 4
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright interesting chapter, Kei is alive so that is good news for me. Someone mentioned that a possible reason asto why Kei was still holding the H-gun was due to Gantz malfunctioning. I like that answer and it makes sense somewhat to me.

Nishi not having the H gun from the previous mission only has four viable options that I can see.
    • 1) Oku forgot to draw about it, as we all know sometimes Oku forgets minor details.
    • 2) Nishi has the weapon from the previous mission and has it and stored it in his suit.
    • 3) Picked the H-gun up at the battle area.
    • 4) Unless you earn the 100 points you cant keep the gun (unless the gun does not belong to you)oustide of the battle area.

With the current chapter, it looks like Kei brought the weapon back with him. So my bet is that since Gantz is not working that well, it made a mistake when it transferd Kei back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i told ya's its all bout kurono getting back to the room.
    all i can say kurono is more bad ass than the david statue.
    kuronos like see how you like losing half your body...ah wait you died damn and phew.
    it sucks none saw him, reika would of puked/cry and organism (because kurono pwned david with half a body lol)
    nishi is not a happy fellow.
    you know they might not be summon to the room now, maybe the finish means the end of getting points for weapons/friends
    they prob now remember everything and have their suits and weapons with them while aliens attack their hometowns

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nutype's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz556 View Post

Katou was not physically holding the Y-Gun, when he died during the Buddha Alien mission. Still, he got the Y-Gun, when he is resurrected.
    yeah but that's resurrection not endmission transfer, not the same thing.
    Last edited by Nutype; March 31, 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I don't want it to happen. I think Sakurai will die next chapter. If the bomb in his head sets off, he gets a worse death than that of Inaba. Considering Inaba died fighting...

Still, I hope that "Finished" doesn't mean killing Sakurai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think "finished" just means, "well, that was your last chance to get points, now you're done."

Whether that means you're dead or not we'll have to wait and see.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with gantz556 with the copies being made every transfer. I think it's the reason why their injuries disappear.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...the sword that Katou used to kill 1000 arms could slice through fully functional Gantz suits like they were butter. If you are assigning points of damage, you would have to give that particular sword and the acid an EXTREMELY high value. Maybe 5,000 points or so for each of them.
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...tz_v07_142.jpg

Also, it only killed him after his own acid destroyed his ability to regenerate and had severely damaged him, then the sniper had cut him badly with an alien weapon, and he had lost his armor after Katou sent it up with the Y-gun. The fact that he could be killed by that particular weapon doesn't make him all that weak.

Also, you might want to re-think the points for the H-gun, too. Nishi splattered Nuri with it, not once but twice, and he got up and walked away like nothing had happened. Even the Tengu was able to resist it, to some extent. It would probably be 3,000 points, max.

On the other hand, look at how much damage HS's sword did to Nuri when he caught him by surprise, and it couldn't even cut through Izumi's functioning Gantz suit.

For that matter, the heroin addict's X-gun was able to splatter Nuri; he wasn't really that strong. He just kept regenerating from everything he was hit with, until the surprise attack by HS's sword.

In other words, the 1000 arms/Oni boss/Nuri aliens are killed by surprise attacks, NOT just super-mega-overpowered weapons.

It wouldn't have mattered how many times Kei hit him; if his regenerative abilities hadn't been shorted out by his own acid, he would have just kept regenerating till the timer ran out or he killed everybody. After Kei hit him, remember some of the other hits he took?
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...tz_v07_178.jpg
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...tz_v07_181.jpg
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...tz_v07_182.jpg
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...tz_v07_186.jpg
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...8&pg=GT007.jpg

And this one by the sniper, using an alien weapon that sliced through the Gantzers like they were butter.
    http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...8&pg=GT024.jpg

He could fully regenerate after every hit, even when the sniper blew him to bits. But he couldn't regenerate from getting hit by HIS OWN ACID. That also doesn't make him weak. It just means that by your system, the acid would do a LOT of HP worth of damage.

Let's look at their weapons:
    1000 arms had three weapons which would cut through a Gantz suit like it was butter: His sword, laser and the acid.
    The shapeshifting Oni boss only had one weapon that would cut through a Gantz suit: the acid. If he had a laser, he didn't use it. However, he was fighting at close quarters, so he didn't really have much of an opportunity to use a ranged weapon like that.
    Nuri had two weapons which would cut through a Gantz suit: The laser and his aura, which was probably a fine mist of acid just like 1000 arms and the Oni boss used. It did about the same type of damage as the acid, too. Look at what it did to the minions in the crowd and the soldiers in the area. It melted the skin right off them.

And how they died:
    1000 arms was killed when he was beheaded by his own sword, in a surprise move by Katou, after losing his armor to the Y-gun, and suffering severe damage from his own acid and the sniper's sneak attack.

The Oni boss was killed by simultaneous hits from Reika's X-pistol and Kei's Gantz sword.

Nuri was killed by being split in half by HS's sword followed by Katou's hit with the H-gun.

Nuri was weak against physical attacks, too. The heroin addict biker blew him to bits with one shot from a standard X-rifle. He splattered just as easily as 1000 arms every time he took a hit. Even Kaze was able to rip him to shreds with just pure strength, without any weapon at all. It was just that he didn't lose his ability to regenerate until after he was hit by surprise by HS, a few seconds before he died. The Oni boss turned into everything from Reika to an elephant and regenerated from dozens of X-gun hits, too.

In all three cases, it wasn't that they didn't blow up, it was that they could all fully regenerate from massive damage at will until they lost their ability to regenerate and/or a surprise attack killed them.

You're also giving Nuri too much credit: Nuri didn't counter physical attacks. He just regenerated in a different form every time he was blown to bits, ripped to shreds, splattered, shot, etc.; the only difference was that 1000 arms kept regenerating the same form until the end, when he took the half-alien, half-teacher form.

Nuri mimiced his opponents' forms, but he didn't really scan them for weaknesses. He just used his shapeshifting ability to provoke them.

I would say that it is more likely that if a standard Gantz suit has 999 points of resistance, the X-gun does about 300 points of damage (it took several hits to blow up the Old Man's legs in the Tae mission). However, the acid does about 5,000 HP or more of damage, and the 1000 arms sword also does about 5,000 HP or so of damage to anything it touches. Both were so much more potent than the suit's protection, it was like it didn't even exist. You can't really guage how powerful they were, because it was like a mosquito getting hit by a train.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i bet reika is gonna have close to 50 points in total*
    nishi will have 100points.
    hikiwa will be close to 100 and kurono will the same.
    or kurono will get heaps of points for david maybe it was a 100 pointer because of the damage it did.
    yes, but i believe it was gantz saying the missions are all over and for the final scoring. because after words that thought that kurono was dead, but gantz was just slow with him lol

reika is using the lust attack, looks like shes gonna kiss him.
    kato will cry seeing someone kiss kei, he will get jealous or have a smile and saying geez kei chan is great <3
    Last edited by 102jayday; March 31, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skittles's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what "finished" means anyway?

New Reply
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast