Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 295 Discussion/296 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 295 Discussion/296 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Revilenigma View Post
    the osaka ball had a diffrent message and song so its most likely that they're all different.
    When do we see that? I most probably forgot...can you post a link please?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Revilenigma View Post
    My theory on the choice: I believe its going to be its own menu and not part of the 100 point menu, it will ask: in the next 2-3 days would like to take a break from missions till katastrophe or would you like to continue doing missions up until Katsrophe to gain more points.
    That's possible, if this mission was very difficult I can not imagine the Katastrophe

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianGantzer View Post
    When do we see that? I most probably forgot...can you post a link please?
    http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-255&page_nr=5 here yah go.
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Revilenigma! I guess we're onto something here!
    I'm saying again that I think the music and text will be different in each country. I mean, it couldn't be japanese in Brazil, USA, Germany, etc....could it??

I was thinkin' about the Osaka team's laptop that could "read" the number of points an alien was worth.
    First off, we never saw one of those again. Secondly, how come he could tell the number of points like that? He'd have to have a connection to Gantz, Gantz's data or maybe even Gantz was feeding him info...I dunno. But the point reading laptop raises a few questions, right?
    Last edited by BrazilianGantzer; April 01, 2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying again that I think the music and text will be different in each country. I mean, it couldn't be japanese in Brazil, USA, Germany, etc....could it??
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I was thinkin' about the Osaka team's laptop that could "read" the number of points an alien was worth.
    First off, we never saw one of those again. Secondly, how come he could tell the number of points like that? He'd have to have a connection to Gantz, Gantz's data or maybe even Gantz was feeding him info...I dunno. But the point reading laptop raises a few questions, right?
    In regards to the laptop, I think people came to the conclusion that Kyou was a technical genius, the laptop clearly wasn't gantz equipment since it had the microsoft logo on it.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kurono will get oka suit and bike. Someone can for example Nishi somon Izumi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skittles's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz556 View Post
    The laptop was connected to X-Handgun. That explains it.
    http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-256&page_nr=3
    I wonder if you could decode the text that keeps showing up on the gantz ball, using that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe those that don't reach 100 points will have compete against other Gantzer's that didn't make it, for survival. E.g. kill other Gantzer's to steal their points and try to reach 100.

Whatever happens, there's a good chance that it might affect quite a few of the Tokyo gantzers.

So far there's Cherry, but it's quite possible that Kei, Katou, Reika, Kaze, Takeshi and the vampires didn't make 100. I think it's very likely that Nishi made it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

The only two who possibly made it are Nishi and Kuruno (and that's only supposing the David statue was a big boss). I think we'll have to wait 2 weeks to see what "FINISHED" really means.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think only those without any points are in trouble. Not those without
    100pts, cause I doubt anybody got 100pts on this mission.
    The transfer doesn't make copies of you, it heals you after you return
    from a mission. Like in a video game. The copy thing was when you
    die and transfered in Gantz for the first time. That's what Nishi
    told Kurono when they first met. And Kishimoto verified it when
    she saw a clone of herself in the hospital.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the song is different in every city, but the text in Osaka is kinda the same that the text in Tokio. The only difference is the dialect.

I think the 100 points menu would be inaccessible if the same "finished" message appears to everybody. Gantz could be closing his point system in order to begin the catastrophe.

it could be the beggining of a new point system or maybe there would not be points in the Catastrophe, this could explain why Izumi was hoping for better weapons before the catastrophe.

(キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Emmanra's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz556 View Post
    You did not understand my hypothesis. You should play videogames to understand what I have observed.

Your examples are actually proofs of my hypothesis. Thanks for helping me.

I have already noticed what you have just noticed. When someone is being "transferred", it takes a time lag for body parts to appear. It is similar to a videogame when the saved data is being loaded or loading.

Here is how my theory really works:
    As your body is being "loaded" or "loading", you are not being teleported. Your data is only being loaded with a new copy of your body.

Let us use your example:
    Spoiler show

As Kei Kuruno is being "transfered", Gantz is actually copying his body piece by piece. It is like reconstruction of new matter and destruction of old body.

Kei Kurono is conscious while his old data is being deleted, and being overwritten with a new saved data.

Conclusion:
    It is not same as teleportation, because teleportation assumes that you are moving the same particle across space-time. What Gantz doing is not moving the same particles, but creating new particles, based upon his memory bank.

Gantz is reconstructing a body cell by cell. How he does it? That is really what interests me.

If it is really teleportation, the transfer must be instant without time lags/time delay. That is why I came up with my speculation/guess.

Gantz is not teleporting, but constantly making copies of players and weapons. I am 100% confident with my hypothesis, because Katastrophe might prove it.
    Yeah that doesnt make any sense but good hypothesis. How gantz teleport/transfer people I would think it would be like bang and you destroyed and rebuilt. The whole destroy and rebuilt doesnt really work when your brain is destroyed and then rebuilt and your body is moving in exact proximity to your body in a different location. Remember this is happening in Gantz Universe. So the Quantum physics of reality may not apply here and Oku just doesnt give a shit and it works for the manga

I think also that David statue was a bad ass too. It just feels like Kei had it easy because hell he's Kei. Gantz could be fuct up in general say "finished" Did Cherry even have points in last mission. Gantz hates useless players. He could be dead just because he did get any points. Horrible cliff hanger. Damn you Oku. Cant wait for next chapter.
    Last edited by Emmanra; April 01, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Be content with what you have and not what you are.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Asic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We still don't know the point value of the statues yet, so kato and reika could have 100 points.
    ---==++...Hiya!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! It would be awesome to see Nishi wearing a G-Suit for Katastrophe...if Gantz does kill off useless players for Katastrophe, we can expect to see quite a few G-Suits, I imagine.

I hope the Tokyo team scores points now and it's not only Cherry who's gonna get graded; maybe they'll be sent straight to another mission and only people who got 0 stay behind and die.

If they DO get graded, don't you think it would be hillarious if Nishi gets 100 points, chooses the option to get a better weapon and that weapon is a sword?? (people have imagined that the swords are 100pts weapons that have been left behind and the H-guns are only on the 2nd clear, or something). I'm sure he'd be SOOO pissed!
    Last edited by GAT-X252; April 02, 2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: double post

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chloe Unprettier's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Finished under Suck-urai's status only applies to Suck-urai unless I see the others' statuses.

..and too bad for Izumi hopefuls.

New Reply
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast