Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which one do you want to see a spin off?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • PCP

8 12.50%
  • Crow

15 23.44%
  • +Natural

4 6.25%
  • Road Racer Giri

0 0%
  • Seigi no Mikata

1 1.56%
  • Tanto

0 0%
  • Detective Trap

9 14.06%
  • Money and Intelligence

21 32.81%
  • Kiyoshi Knight

1 1.56%
  • Hideout Door

2 3.13%
  • Zombie Gun

0 0%
  • Reversi

1 1.56%
  • Otters 11

2 3.13%
  • The Classroom of Truth

0 0%
  • Rabuta & Peace

0 0%
  • True Human

0 0%
  • Boku no Tsujinnai

0 0%
  • Time of Green Leaves

0 0%
  • Panty Flash Fight

0 0%
  • What God Gave Me...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Best Manga in Bakuman?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The next spin off manga will be?

Well whatever the next spin-off manga will be, its probably going to be one of the currently serialized series. I can't see them doing a spin-off of a cancelled manga to be honest.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for natural+ beacuse its a very good series,getting popularity like pokemon and i`d like to see more of it.
    Though i`d like to see crow too^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member basher's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Trap. So far I liked that one the best. Nothing is known about Crow and I doubt that will ever change.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty cool that we got to see a few pages of PCP, quite a number of pages of Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu... I guess it'd be pretty cool to see the rest of Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu.

I voted for Crow initially, but I think I would also like to see an Aoki manga like Hideout Door, simply because I would like to see a different art style from Obata-sensei. He does vary his art style a little like when he adds in other manga like Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu, Otter #11, but it doesn't change overmuch. If it were a more shoujo-y manga like Hideout Door, I wonder how it would look?

Of course, I would welcome any spin-off manga from Bakuman It would be really nice if we got one this year as well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Shonen Jump is hosting a Bakuman New Fictional Series Vote

Which fictional manga series in BAKUMAN,
    would you like to see made into a real-life manga?

http://shonenjump.viz.com/content/bakuman-manga-poll

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shonen Jump is hosting a Bakuman New Fictional Series Vote

I voted Crow. Always wondered what that series was really like.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shonen Jump is hosting a Bakuman New Fictional Series Vote

It's not a vote. It's a poll. There's a huuuuge difference between the two. Anyway, I have a feeling that Viz will translate Otter #11 and feature it in SJ magazine. I unsubscribed years ago when the page count faltered, but I would definitely pick up an issue with Otter #11 in it.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Manga in Bakuman?

First things - We've seen lots of new manga in Bakuman now, so which is your favorite now?

Other than that, I voted for Crow on the poll since I really want to see what makes Crow as popular and awesome as it's made out to be. Though, it may not really be possible to write something that awesome but oh wells.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's been a while and there's been lots of new manga since then, but: which is your favourite now?

I've only added in pieces that have been/are serialized (so no Future Watch or Space Cockroach [that manga sounds awesome in a humorous way]). I hope I'm not missing anything. (I only added Classroom of Truth from Nanamine because I think we all agree it's his best piece in general)
    -

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 158 showed us that the Japanese voters liked PCP, CROW and Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu best. I'd say it's hard to really choose a favorite manga, or a "best" manga, when the amount we know about each of them is pretty spartan and we know more about some than others. CROW still intrigues me, but now that Zombie Gun and Reversi have both been hyped as being better than CROW (previously CROW was the benchmark and the epitome of good manga), I'd be most interested to read them both to see what's so great about them.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, saladesu, I always wanted Ohba to show us more of Crow. I mean, we never saw enough of Crow to see why it could be the undisputed #1 manga for 20 straight weeks. What little we actually saw of Crow didn't even very well done, so...Now, I mean, you can rationalize that away as Ohba's not going to use potential series ideas just for in-universe mangas, but we didn't see enough. Zombie Gun hasn't looked very good the whole way, but we're being told that with Eiji's constant changing of things (assuming that he's following that pattern), Zombie Gun is quite popular. Nowadays, it seems easy to blow away the vote totals that Crow received, even though neither Eiji nor AM ever got these type of vote totals in the past.

I think that we've seen too much of PCP and way too little of Crow, Reversi, or Zombie Gun. We've seen a few panels here or there, but we never really get any substance about what the mangas are about. We'll see a random clip here or there, but that's it. Zombie Gun has looked less interesting with each panel that we've seen. Now, in the Bakumanverse, the Big 3 and everything else seems to exist. Now, the problem is, if it's really just a few years ahead of our time, that should imply that there would also be a DN, but no one's made a comment about it. It seems that DN is the only manga that doesn't exist in the Bakumanverse. I wish that we'd get to see more storycrafting from Eiji's point of view. Usually, when we see Eiji's apartment, Yuujiro comes for a quick chat and Eiji does some crazy antics, but we don't really see anything.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, saladesu, I always wanted Ohba to show us more of Crow. I mean, we never saw enough of Crow to see why it could be the undisputed #1 manga for 20 straight weeks. What little we actually saw of Crow didn't even very well done, so...Now, I mean, you can rationalize that away as Ohba's not going to use potential series ideas just for in-universe mangas, but we didn't see enough. Zombie Gun hasn't looked very good the whole way, but we're being told that with Eiji's constant changing of things (assuming that he's following that pattern), Zombie Gun is quite popular. Nowadays, it seems easy to blow away the vote totals that Crow received, even though neither Eiji nor AM ever got these type of vote totals in the past.

I think that we've seen too much of PCP and way too little of Crow, Reversi, or Zombie Gun. We've seen a few panels here or there, but we never really get any substance about what the mangas are about. We'll see a random clip here or there, but that's it. Zombie Gun has looked less interesting with each panel that we've seen. Now, in the Bakumanverse, the Big 3 and everything else seems to exist. Now, the problem is, if it's really just a few years ahead of our time, that should imply that there would also be a DN, but no one's made a comment about it. It seems that DN is the only manga that doesn't exist in the Bakumanverse. I wish that we'd get to see more storycrafting from Eiji's point of view. Usually, when we see Eiji's apartment, Yuujiro comes for a quick chat and Eiji does some crazy antics, but we don't really see anything.
    Yeah,I noticed that as well. It seems to be non-existant,mainly because of the fact that we saw Ryuuk in a panel of Reversi,which would be copyright infrigement. Heck,the whole plot and characters resemble DN.If it weren't mentioned in the very first chapter,I would assume it was not created in the Bakuman-verse.
    Anyway,I don't think we need to see much more of Reversi.I guess we can just see it as DN vs Zombie Gun,which again leaves us with the same problem as in PCP vs Crow.We know almost everything about Ashirogi's piece,but almost nothing about Eiji's.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Yeah,I noticed that as well. It seems to be non-existant,mainly because of the fact that we saw Ryuuk in a panel of Reversi,which would be copyright infrigement. Heck,the whole plot and characters resemble DN.If it weren't mentioned in the very first chapter,I would assume it was not created in the Bakuman-verse.
    Anyway,I don't think we need to see much more of Reversi.I guess we can just see it as DN vs Zombie Gun,which again leaves us with the same problem as in PCP vs Crow.We know almost everything about Ashirogi's piece,but almost nothing about Eiji's.
    Indeed, DN doesn't seem to exist in the Bakumanverse.

We saw a huge amount of PCP, but at times, we saw too much, and it became filler, such as the "one shot that's not a one shot" business. If Eiji's really their eternal rival (or whatever you want to call him), we need to see a lot more of him and Zombie Gun. We already know exactly what Reversi's about, but really nothing about Zombie Gun. The most I could tell you about Zombie Gun is that there's a zombie/pseudo-zombie guy who fights zombies, sort of...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly, they do acknowledge it, in the very first chapter when Takagi made the remark, "This isn't a deathnote is it?". And yeah, that was the only time. But I think Obata and Ohba does that on purpose so they can throw easter eggs all over the place. In fact, I reckon there are way too much easter eggs, I'd hate for them to blatantly mention DN with so much easter eggs already.

Quote Quote:
    but really nothing about Zombie Gun. The most I could tell you about Zombie Gun is that there's a zombie/pseudo-zombie guy who fights zombies, sort of...
    Zombie named Gun who fights/despise zombies and falls in a love with a human, and wants to find a way to become human again. Has a twin brother named Jin who was killed recently.

We're told the overall plot. I like to think it's on even grounds with Reversi, we just know the overall plot is two demons who do battle, one uses it for good, the other evil and that's it.

I reckon the best manga is still Detective Trap, it's like a cross between Detective Conan and the Professor Layton games. I can see them getting an anime with that if it wasn't for that hiatus.
    -

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Not exactly, they do acknowledge it, in the very first chapter when Takagi made the remark, "This isn't a deathnote is it?". And yeah, that was the only time. But I think Obata and Ohba does that on purpose so they can throw easter eggs all over the place. In fact, I reckon there are way too much easter eggs, I'd hate for them to blatantly mention DN with so much easter eggs already.
    I interpreted that as 4th wall breaking.

Zombie named Gun who fights/despise zombies and falls in a love with a human, and wants to find a way to become human again. Has a twin brother named Jin who was killed recently.

We're told the overall plot. I like to think it's on even grounds with Reversi, we just know the overall plot is two demons who do battle, one uses it for good, the other evil and that's it.
    We essentially know this, but the girl hasn't been mentioned again. We haven't seen that much about Zombie Gun, other than the basics, which you described in a more positive light than I did. Moreover, we don't know how Zombie Gun is going to work. From the few panels we saw, it'll probably have a villain of the week theme, or something. However, we don't know for sure.

In terms of Reversi, not only did Ohba put more explanation into Reversi, but we also know implicitly what Reversi's about because of DN.

I reckon the best manga is still Detective Trap, it's like a cross between Detective Conan and the Professor Layton games. I can see them getting an anime with that if it wasn't for that hiatus.
    Trap had potential, but Conan does not. Although, I think Ohba had Takagi or Mashiro mention that Trap was similar to Conan when they were making it.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast