Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: My Theory on Jewelry Bonney and how she will cross pathes with the Straw Hat crew.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Theory on Jewelry Bonney and how she will cross pathes with the Straw Hat crew.

OK so Jewelry Bonney is my favorite OP character and my personal favorite to join the straw hat crew. With that said here is my Theory on her.

I believe that Bonney has a very traumatic past evolving the world government similar to Robin. I believe she knows something about the WG or is related to someone in the WG and something in the past caused her to flee. During her time on the run she was helped out by WB and this is why she was so devastated when he passed and vowed to kill Back Beard even though she was greatly out matched by him.

When Akainu comes to retrieve her from BB we see her hatred for him and it seems to be a deeper hatred than simply his role in WB's death and his words to her indicate he has know her for a very long time.
    "Akainu coldly informed Bonney that he was truly frightened when she escaped from the World Government but was glad she was back under their control."

If a man such as Akainu fears Bonney she must be major threat to the WG however he choose to capture her rather than kill her Why is that? If she is that much of a threat and has escaped the WG before why not just kill her, but he doesn't do that and maybe its because he can't do that.

Now post time skip we get the the supernova timeskip picture and in that Bonney is cloaked by a hat and a coat pulled in a manner suggesting she is in hiding.
    Spoiler show
    and in chapter 700 we see Bonney seems to be free but no longer with her crew and is in hiding.

I believe given how her character is being setup over such a long period of time that she will be subject to a major arc in the future and that her crew interactions and ultimately the SH crew saving her will lead her to joining as the 3rd and final female crew member.

All of the Straw Hats have some sort of a painful past however Robin and Nami very traumatic pasts that only get resolved after joining with the SH crew. I believe that this will be true for Bonney as well. BUT BUT BUT Vivi, Shiriohoshi and Rebbeca are like that too. The main difference between them given what we know of Bonney is that Bonney doesn't have ties that keep her home. Bonney is already a pirate traveling the grand line, So if she was asked to join after her arc there would be no reason to refuse plus she would still be wanted by the WG. Also Luffy seems to be attracting people who are threats to the WG like Robin and Franky so Bonney would fit right in with them.

Well that's it for now I know its poorly written and needs improvement which I plan to do. Also let me know what you think of my theory and how I can improve it.
    So my old signature is gone and I need a new one. so If anyone wants to make me one featuring either Air Gear or One Piece hit me up and ill credit you.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Theory on Jewelry Bonney and how she will cross pathes with the Straw Hat crew.

Well its not much of a theory so much as its obvious. The only bits your missing out on that everyone else is already theorizing is that her DF powers are possibly used to rejuvinate the 5 Elder Stars (Gorosei)...
    Her powers seem quite a threat...

Apart from that the only other idea that might be the reason shes so dangerous is she might have information over one of the ancient weapons.

Would be a bit dull if she has the same setup like the other girls... some overly emotional traumatic childhood blah blah blah... Like seriously get over it, everyone has a hard life in OP! XD (Im just hoping for something... different)
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kittyseka's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Theory on Jewelry Bonney and how she will cross pathes with the Straw Hat crew.

I want Bonney to join as well I like the character… when I saw her in hiding I thought "maybe she will join", but we shall see… hope springs eternal :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner faiz461's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think she's there for the gorosei too. but if she's really rejuvenating them, how old do you think the gorosei's really are? and how old is bonney really?
    RIP Ace

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    Well its not much of a theory so much as its obvious. The only bits your missing out on that everyone else is already theorizing is that her DF powers are possibly used to rejuvinate the 5 Elder Stars (Gorosei)...
    Her powers seem quite a threat...

Apart from that the only other idea that might be the reason shes so dangerous is she might have information over one of the ancient weapons.

Would be a bit dull if she has the same setup like the other girls... some overly emotional traumatic childhood blah blah blah... Like seriously get over it, everyone has a hard life in OP! XD (Im just hoping for something... different)
    When I first made a theory for Bonney right after the time skip it was on Onemanga and i did it really nice but well they are no longer around. I forgot about the part where she could be being used to keep the Gorosei alive.

All of the female leads have similar back grounds even the ones who don't end up joining.
    So my old signature is gone and I need a new one. so If anyone wants to make me one featuring either Air Gear or One Piece hit me up and ill credit you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like her too.

If someone tried to use her power that could be very very bad for pirates.

As BetaRule said they could use her to rejuvinate the 5 Elder Stars (Gorosei).

IMO they are probably strongest people there is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if there is some future arc where jewelry bonney turns the strawhats into older versions of themselves in their prime and we see them kicking all kinds of ass but they either choose to go back to their regular age or she dies and the power wears off
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually love the idea of her joining the crew. However I am hoping she is more of a warrior then a strategist like Nami and Robin seem to be. I wouldn't mind Bonney being the female monster of the crew. Her devil fruit ability can't be her only technique. It's not much when faced with stronger opponents who being different in age could be a plus rather then a minus in battle, or simply opponents who an age change wouldn't effect them at all because they're just that strong.

As far as her back story is concerned all Straw-Hats have sad back stories however female characters seem to exceptionally tragic. I'm hoping Bonney has a not as tragic story as the other females. As well as us getting the story before she joins rather then her joining then later her past comes back to bite the rest of the crew in the ass the way both Robin and Nami's seemed to.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winlyx-chan View Post
    I actually love the idea of her joining the crew. However I am hoping she is more of a warrior then a strategist like Nami and Robin seem to be. I wouldn't mind Bonney being the female monster of the crew. Her devil fruit ability can't be her only technique. It's not much when faced with stronger opponents who being different in age could be a plus rather then a minus in battle, or simply opponents who an age change wouldn't effect them at all because they're just that strong.

As far as her back story is concerned all Straw-Hats have sad back stories however female characters seem to exceptionally tragic. I'm hoping Bonney has a not as tragic story as the other females. As well as us getting the story before she joins rather then her joining then later her past comes back to bite the rest of the crew in the ass the way both Robin and Nami's seemed to.
    Based on her personality type she seems like a brawler. Also I just don't find it likely we will get her back story before she join/teams up with the straw hats. I think she will be like nami and robin and not bringing it up or us finding out about it until the straw hats are there to help them through it. Though unlike Nami and Robin I think Zoro will have a bigger role in saving her because she saved him before and he is the only person she has interacted with in the Sh crew.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she's gonna apear in Reverie arc and want her to join like you said. Maybe we see Vivi too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoE View Post
    I think she's gonna apear in Reverie arc and want her to join like you said. Maybe we see Vivi too.
    but vivi is gonna join in the reverie arc she "promised".
    But bonney is cool too. what would be her "role" on the ship though? everybody complainin that Momo, Kin', Rebecca has no role on the ship... what would be bonneys role?
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And vivi's role? Bonney can help in the ship in general like Zoro or something. She' s good infiltrating too, transforming herself into child or old woman.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

And vivi's role? Bonney can help in the ship in general like Zoro or something. She' s good infiltrating too, transforming herself into child or old woman.
    well I did not say that in my opionion somoebody needs a role to join the crew. because all roles, or the most important are alrdy filled. but yeah, ppl are complaining...
    i have no idea what vivi could be for a role, maybe vivi + karuu . that would be a funny duo.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bonney is perfect for keeping the straw hats out of unwanted fights.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

When would that that major arc designated to her be? Right now it looks like dresrosa-Zou-WanoKuni/Yonkou. Also a new nakama should be there for a good part of the journey so she can't join too late. Now if she rejuvenated the Gorosei which she would tell or at least be shown to us as FB then it would spoil the surprise since many of us think they are end game material if they were rejuvenated.
    If she knows something she shouldn't then why keep her alive?
    Also to the rejuvenation thing. What if ever since the void century the gorosei get regularly rejuvenated by the current holder of Bonney's fruit?
    Last edited by desin24; September 05, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

New Reply