Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Barrier Barrier fruit allows you to swim!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Barrier Barrier fruit allows you to swim!!!

Barrier Barrier fruit might allow the user to swim. We know that devil fruit users lose their power if they touch water but not if their power touch the water. Aokiji can use ice on water and the power doesnt dissappear. So if u cover yourself with the barrier (like putting on scuba diving clothes) then u can swim. It also allows the user to walk on air/water and also fly.
    If u think I am wrong plz correct me.
    Last edited by Neevan; Yesterday at 02:35 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You can swim even if u eat Devil Fruit!!!! or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Neevan View Post
    Barrier Barrier fruit might allow the user to swim. We know that devil fruit users lose their power if they touch water but not if their power touch the water. Aokiji can use ice on water and the power doesnt dissappear. So if u cover yourself with the barrier (like putting on scuba diving clothes) then u can swim. It also allows the user to walk on air/water and also fly.
    I have thought about that too and it should work I guess. I'm pretty sure the barriers can get wet without a problem so he could even use them as a submarine. I just doubt we will ever see this. If we think about specific devil fruits and their potential powers then there are MANY possibilities that would kind of defy One Piece laws.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it seems that Bartolomeo can shape the barrier however he wants it does seem possible. The only problem I see is that the barriers are not flexible, they are sturdy?(is this a real word?) and so he probably could not move at all while being in water since the barrier blocks his movements.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desin24 View Post
    Since it seems that Bartolomeo can shape the barrier however he wants it does seem possible. The only problem I see is that the barriers are not flexible, they are sturdy?(is this a real word?) and so he probably could not move at all while being in water since the barrier blocks his movements.
    Yeah I thought they might not be flexible but maybe he can change the density and stuff like that and make it flexible. We have seen him creating staircase for luffy law and kyros so he can manipulate his barrier so maybe he can make it flexible.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought they might not be flexible but maybe he can change the density and stuff like that and make it flexible. We have seen him creating staircase for luffy law and kyros so he can manipulate his barrier so maybe he can make it flexible.
    Yeah but once made I don't think he can change the form of the barrier. Also a flexible barrier should resist a higher impact and we saw Bartolomeo's barrier protect him from the King's punch which can destroy a fortress in one hit and it didn't look like he was trying hard. Now imagine his defensive capabilities with a flexible barrier maybe even imbued with haki.
    Of course with Oda everything is possible and personally the more Bartolomeo the better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

These are different cases. A logia can produce an element, which is not different from the ones found in nature. Now compare it to Moriah shadows, which are repelled by salt. Based on that it would be possible that Bartolomeo barriers won't work on water.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but once made I don't think he can change the form of the barrier. Also a flexible barrier should resist a higher impact and we saw Bartolomeo's barrier protect him from the King's punch which can destroy a fortress in one hit and it didn't look like he was trying hard. Now imagine his defensive capabilities with a flexible barrier maybe even imbued with haki.
    Of course with Oda everything is possible and personally the more Bartolomeo the better.
    Still, you don't really need the barrier to be flexible for this. You can make a barrier shaped like a submarine (or even just a box), and then use that to travel around in water.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorApollo View Post
    Still, you don't really need the barrier to be flexible for this. You can make a barrier shaped like a submarine (or even just a box), and then use that to travel around in water.
    And how do you propell yourself forward or to the left/right if you are in that bubble? Jumping against it's walls would work but it wouldn't be efficient I guess

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

And how do you propell yourself forward or to the left/right if you are in that bubble? Jumping against it's walls would work but it wouldn't be efficient I guess
    No need to move it yourself. Bartolomeo can move his walls without moving himself - see Barrier crash or however it was called. He can just move the barriers and doesn't have to move himself at all.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    No need to move it yourself. Bartolomeo can move his walls without moving himself - see Barrier crash or however it was called. He can just move the barriers and doesn't have to move himself at all.
    Well the barriers expanded from his body to the outwards. It would be like telekinesis if he captures a thing in his barrier and then lets it fly around because he controls the barrier. He would not only be able to swim but also to fly in this constelation.
    I'm not saying it's impossible but IMO at least too much...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bartolomeo ability is good just being boxes/squares . Just like the stairways . He doesn't need a ability to creator a rubber ducker or nothing tbh
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darknos's Avatar
    Country
    US Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Another problem with this idea would be the very very limited air he would have inside this bubble you describe. When he runs out of air very quickly and passes out It will probably not end well for him.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darknos View Post
    Another problem with this idea would be the very very limited air he would have inside this bubble you describe. When he runs out of air very quickly and passes out It will probably not end well for him.
    Well we have seen sanji going underwater in nami's body while holding breath so bartolomeo can do that. It all depends on his lung capacity. I am just talking about bartolomeo being able to survive if he falls into the water not swimming long distances

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darknos View Post
    I don't really think that's a problem considering how little air we ACTUALLY use. If he made a box in which he can easily stand and even move around a bit then this would probably last for hours. One could google it and break it down mathematically but I think that's unnecessary. My point is if he doesn't go for a 24h underwater cruise he should be fine.

Well we have seen sanji going underwater in nami's body while holding breath so bartolomeo can do that. It all depends on his lung capacity. I am just talking about bartolomeo being able to survive if he falls into the water not swimming long distances
    Actually for that I don't rly see Bartolomeo having an advantage. If he "falls" into the water then he has very little time to prepare a fitting barrier. I would see his power as more efiicient if used actively to travel underwater - not just in case of an emergency.

New Reply