Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Devil Fruit - Without the Character that has it

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest Devil Fruit - Without the Character that has it

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So, is Yami yami #1 to you? Because the fruit sucks in wrong hands. Just imagine some weakling having it and going through all that pain.

I thought I did talk about the fruit...
    You actually mentioned the character when you said the fruit would suck in the wrong hands.

The yami yami no mi and guro guro no mi are probably the most powerful fruit, with one being able to destroy the world and the other being able to suck in anything and negate devil fruit abilities. I don't think it can really be a matter of debate, other than guro guro vs. yami yami.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest DF,not based on the Chr.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You actually mentioned the character when you said the fruit would suck in the wrong hands.

The yami yami no mi and guro guro no mi are probably the most powerful fruit, with one being able to destroy the world and the other being able to suck in anything and negate devil fruit abilities. I don't think it can really be a matter of debate, other than guro guro vs. yami yami.
    Devil fruits can't do anything on their own so the user is required. I thought the thread is about the fruits that are strong without regard to their user. Yami yami has some drawbacks, as we've seen. Not being able to avoid attacks, experiencing hightened sense of pain, drawing opponents toward yourself. That's why Yami yami is not so scary if it's possesed by someone with bad consitution. Gura gura is scary yes, but we come across the user vulnerability territory again.

If it were real life, I'd bet more on intangible logia.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

We thought right, but I guess the thread creator thought mentioning Blackbeard as why yami yami no mi is as good as it is was against the rule he made. You could discuss devil fruit in itself though, like imagine the users are the same? I dunno.

True, but yaim yami still seems to be dangerous under the right hand, probably the most powerful fruit next to gura gura no mi. If someone like Akainu had yami yami no mi, he'd be overpowered.

User vulnerability? What vulnerability? I thought anyone could use the gura gura no mi effortlessly, unliek yami yami no mi?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    User vulnerability? What vulnerability? I thought anyone could use the gura gura no mi effortlessly, unliek yami yami no mi?
    Use it yes, but don't tell me you think Helmeppo, for example, would be as threatening as Whitebeard with it. Point is, the user can still be killed and it's a lot easier if he can't take hundreds of bullets and shit like WB did.

I'm leaning towards either lightning logia or to fire logia. Fire because SheeDeD mentioned there would be no limit to the heat. Lightings can heat air up to 30,000 degrees Celsius and white and blue flames can reach almost 5,000 degrees. You'd be unstoppable in real world, where there is no seastone or Haki. Which is more than we can say about any paramecia.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Use it yes, but don't tell me you think Helmeppo, for example, would be as threatening as Whitebeard with it. Point is, the user can still be killed and it's a lot easier if he can't take hundreds of bullets and shit like WB did.

I'm leaning towards either lightning logia or to fire logia. Fire because SheeDeD mentioned there would be no limit to the heat. Lightings can heat air up to 30,000 degrees Celsius and white and blue flames can reach almost 5,000 degrees. You'd be unstoppable in real world, where there is no seastone or Haki. Which is more than we can say about any paramecia.
    oh, true.

Thinking about it, I'd probably gear towards lightning as well. Yami yami, gura gura, and lightning seem to be powerful, along with lava. Might put gura gura on top just because it can destroy the entire world.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd lean towards Yami Yami and Gura Gura as strongest. I like Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru's fruit a lot, too. I'm curious how to rank devil fruit with useful powers that are not directly used for attack. Mr. 2's ability is splendid, but strength does not really apply. I also really like Issho's ability, but it has not been named, so is not yet eligible. I'd put mera mera no mi and Enel's lightning on the next tier down. Sengoku's ability, Law's, and Marco's also are impressive.

So, is Yami yami #1 to you? Because the fruit sucks in wrong hands. Just imagine some weakling having it and going through all that pain.
    But the same is applicable to any weapon, in real life or in manga. The sword is only as strong as the swordsman. An incompetent swordsman does not make the weapon any less sharp. The same could be applied to any devil fruit. A weaker, less creative fighter would not be able to use the gomu gomu no mi as effectively as Luffy. That does not make the ability any weaker, nor does Luffy's prowess make the fruit any stronger. If we are going to discuss devil fruit ability in the abstract it would be useful to discuss potential strength, rather than introduce a hypothetical user's strength as a variable. That variable is built in already, as we know every devil fruit would be weaker in the hands of a less capable user, growing stronger in direct proportion to the users strength. The Yami Yami no Mi has the most debilitating side effect of any fruit. The caveat must be added that it's use could even kill a weaker user. That does not change what a powerful weapon the Yami Yami no Mi is. It's nullification and gravity based powers are among the most devastating known attacks in the manga. Correct usage by a strong user is a must for all devil fruit. The consequences for weakness are magnified by the Yami Yami no Mi's side effects. As a weapon it is proven to be among the most devastating devil fruit so far introduced.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 15, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

hana hana no mi in the hands of someone like garp would be the best df for one on one fights imo. purely for destruction i would say the gura gura no mi be best. and over all, one of the best dfs just for doing all kinds of crazy shit seems to be the ito ito no mi.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    hana hana no mi in the hands of someone like garp would be the best df for one on one fights imo. purely for destruction i would say the gura gura no mi be best. and over all, one of the best dfs just for doing all kinds of crazy shit seems to be the ito ito no mi.
    Hana Hana no Mi would be interesting in the hands of an armament haki user. Haki infused fists sprouting up around an opponent would be pretty awesome. Ito Ito no Mi is okay. For some reason I find it a little boring.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The phoenix fruit deserves a mention... In a fight with equal haki and equal physical capacities (ideal conditions to see how strong a fruit is) I would think the fruit would give the best amount of flexibility. Aerial combat, although not as strong in offense as regular zoans considering it does not have a proper hybrid form, strong claws, and a great degree of immortality. It depends on stamina from what I can tell but being able to heal damage at the cost of stamina is still better than just fighting and accumulating damage.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

The darkness fruit is a given here though considering that the fruit in itself is a counter to DF. With equal abilities and haki the fruit gives the user a huge advantage.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest Devil Fruit - Without the Character that has it

Discuss the topic here in more detail.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Those that wish to posts just lists go here.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The phoenix fruit deserves a mention... In a fight with equal haki and equal physical capacities (ideal conditions to see how strong a fruit is) I would think the fruit would give the best amount of flexibility. Aerial combat, although not as strong in offense as regular zoans considering it does not have a proper hybrid form, strong claws, and a great degree of immortality. It depends on stamina from what I can tell but being able to heal damage at the cost of stamina is still better than just fighting and accumulating damage.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

The darkness fruit is a given here though considering that the fruit in itself is a counter to DF. With equal abilities and haki the fruit gives the user a huge advantage.
    Maybe I should have given Gura Gura no Mi some more Credits but I need some time. However the phoenix is far from any Logia fruit IMP. But there are no such things till now 2 haki(s) are equal anyway. However, lets see, 2 persons with similar haki punch each other 1 is fire and the other is phoenix creature I guess the fire wont get hurt at all however he phoenix will get regenerated as you mention from the stamina. If this keeps on going for some time the phoenix creature will die.

the same will happen vs Doku Doku no Mi : Magellan, Gura Gura no Mi, Ope Ope no Mi : Trafalgar Law, Suna Suna no Mi : Crocodile, Mera Mera no Mi : Portagas D. Ace,5- Magu Magu no Mi : Sakazuki (Akainu), Goro Goro no Mi : Enel, Pika Pika no Mi : Borsalino (Kizaru), Nikyu Nikyu no Mi : Bartholomew Kuma, and Dark Dark No Mi: BlackBeard.

This one is tricky though Moku Moku no Mi: Smoker vs phoenix. Magelan's DF is not Logia I know but the phoenix creature might win i dont know i need some thinking to do . I can't decide. I need to think about it. I hope I heard from you whether u agree or disagree with the above.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Devil fruits can't do anything on their own so the user is required. I thought the thread is about the fruits that are strong without regard to their user. Yami yami has some drawbacks, as we've seen. Not being able to avoid attacks, experiencing hightened sense of pain, drawing opponents toward yourself. That's why Yami yami is not so scary if it's possesed by someone with bad consitution. Gura gura is scary yes, but we come across the user vulnerability territory again.

If it were real life, I'd bet more on intangible logia.
    Indeed some drawbacks. However, if u are talking about the fight between Ace and BB. i would rather make like this. Two Persons one has Fire Fire fuit and one has Dark Dark Fruit. Each other do the most powerful or any other attack if the user of the dark dark fruit is not careless he would suck all the attacks before they reach him

The question that matters is can he(the imaginary user of Dark Dark fruit) absorb any attack, My answer is yes. If you answer the same question with no then all you have to do present you #1 fruit and we can discuss. However, if u just say Dark Dark fruit is your #1 we cant go anywhere from there.

Our main character(the hero who will save the world) is not Logia though please don't make this about characters. So you lose your bet by this post. because the hero will always win in the end I place my bet on the hero power. In real life situation you are winning the bet.
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; May 16, 2014 at 08:22 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHeeDeD View Post
    Maybe I should have given Gura Gura no Mi some more Credits but I need some time. However the phoenix is far from any Logia fruit IMP. But there are no such things till now 2 haki(s) are equal anyway. However, lets see, 2 persons with similar haki punch each other 1 is fire and the other is phoenix creature I guess the fire wont get hurt at all however he phoenix will get regenerated as you mention from the stamina. If this keeps on going for some time the phoenix creature will die.

the same will happen vs Doku Doku no Mi : Magellan, Gura Gura no Mi, Ope Ope no Mi : Trafalgar Law, Suna Suna no Mi : Crocodile, Mera Mera no Mi : Portagas D. Ace,5- Magu Magu no Mi : Sakazuki (Akainu), Goro Goro no Mi : Enel, Pika Pika no Mi : Borsalino (Kizaru), Nikyu Nikyu no Mi : Bartholomew Kuma, and Dark Dark No Mi: BlackBeard.

This one is tricky though Moku Moku no Mi: Smoker vs phoenix. Magelan's DF is not Logia I know but the phoenix creature might win i dont know i need some thinking to do . I can't decide. I need to think about it. I hope I heard from you whether u agree or disagree with the above.
    I just suggested those as condition in which what would matter are the abilities of the fruit more than the abilities of the users, obviously that is a extremely unlikely scenario. Why wouldn't the fire user get hurt though? The phoenix user is a haki user meaning that any hit that connects causes actual damage. In turn the phoenix user can take the hit (and many more) without suffering particularly severe consequences. The regenerating abilities of the phoenix fruit would also effectively negate significant amounts of poison damage IMO, the user would simply heal from the damage the poison causes. Its an ideal fruit to get close to the moku user at relatively little immediate risk. In this scenario my take is that to beat the phoenix fruit you would need to be able to dish out significantly more damage to the phoenix without taking any significant hits. I mean, marco got holes in his head and vital organs multiple times and that did not even bother him.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Devil Fruit - Without the Character that has it

Nori nori no mi is severely underrated. You can slow up someone immensely, which is useful against fast opponents, and attack them so after the devil fruit effect ends, they receive all the damage in one go. Great defense and offense in one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hana Hana no Mi would be interesting in the hands of an armament haki user. Haki infused fists sprouting up around an opponent would be pretty awesome. Ito Ito no Mi is okay. For some reason I find it a little boring.
    i dont find the ito ito no mi very interesting either. most of its uses are a massive stretch from what i would imagine one being able to do with it. limited puppeteering, cutting and the flying are alright. but the clone, birdcage, the sheer range and the control he seems to have over people are a bit of a stretch. all that said it doesn't take away how strong and versitle it is though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Devil Fruit - Without the Character that has it

The hobi hobi no mi is super strong, imagine Garp still in his prime because he doesn't get old! Also the contract thing is so strong and manipulating people's memories can be pretty useful too.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast