Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai View Post
    woah, now that's tough. okay, erase everything lol. now, this would be easier, if for example you have a reputation in the dating scene. but maybe you're not seen that way, you're not the "now single" guy. but what's there to lose? let's do this:

as i've always believed, the best diskarte is harap-harapan. i'm gonna assume you're gonna start from nothing with her, just getting to know each other. she calls you "kuya", so that means you're on her "nice guys" list, assuming ha. keep it that way, or make it better, become nicer to her, be on top of her list. don't force the niceness, just do nice things naturally. like "oh nakuha mo na ba NINYO ang (note ninyo, don't single her out) sinend ko?", and then you know, keep the conversation going, act cool. if that were me, i'd tease her, "hindi niyo naintindihan no? haha" and then see how she reacts. now tell me, how would she react that way hunt? let's learn more about our subject
    O_O You know my strategy! Lewl I always, ALWAYS do that to girls I know. Helps me get the information I needed. What I don't know is, how to drop a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhermano View Post
    -listens to jedi master yonie-
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paperboy View Post
    I don't like being called "kuya" or "manong" either, but you've gotta admit that it does give you a small sense of authority/ power when you get called by those titles at times.

@Hunter- I'd stay away from kids... It's very hard to relate...
    It's not hard for me to relate to them... After all, they're IT kids, I'm quite knowledgeable in IT... They drink alcohol and I don't.

(And if they invite me for a drink I'd go along, but either eat away their pulutan or buy my own soda.)
    It's only premarital sex if you're going to get married.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, only thing I'd advice is: Don't go out with them for alcohol in the hopes that you'll get closer. Alcohol makes people say and do things they don't really mean, and you may be trapped into believing you're closer to her than you actually are.

Once you're in that trap it's over.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, only thing I'd advice is: Don't go out with them for alcohol in the hopes that you'll get closer. Alcohol makes people say and do things they don't really mean, and you may be trapped into believing you're closer to her than you actually are.

actually no, its the opposite! drinking alcohol with somebody = instant close friends. even if you fight in the session, you wake up tomorrow and he's your best friend

so yeah hunt tell us more about the subject so we can adjust our parameters to synchronize with her reactionary components
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

actually no, its the opposite! drinking alcohol with somebody = instant close friends. even if you fight in the session, you wake up tomorrow and he's your best friend
    Close friends? No.

Fake friends, yes.

I don't trust anyone whose best connection with me is through a drinking session.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really bring myself to drink, brings back awful memories. And being the paranoid guy that I am, I always, ALWAYS assume the worst case scenario, and how to recover from it.

so yeah hunt tell us more about the subject so we can adjust our parameters to synchronize with her reactionary components
    I can already assume 60-78% of her reactions, judging from my observations of her. I never really took notice of her (for most of the semester) until I joined the school trip at the last freaking minute. Yeah, sumama ako. Just for the lulz. Good thing I did. She's the type that you wouldn't want to be your girlfriend, she's the type you'd want to be your wife.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Close friends? No.

Fake friends, yes.

I don't trust anyone whose best connection with me is through a drinking session.
    i'm not saying closeness has to be non-hypocritical, when you both had a drinking session together, you open up, you talk a lot, you laugh, so that person doesn't become just any other friend anymore, right? who cares if it's fake, when you get drunk together, you are forever bonded by the alcohol gods

@hunt: just drink up, don't tell me you're gonna cower at that paranoia all your life, look at me, i promised myself not to drink again, for 13 times na yata haha
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

@hunt: just drink up, don't tell me you're gonna cower at that paranoia all your life, look at me, i promised myself not to drink again, for 13 times na yata haha
    Would an allergy to brewed malt beverages stop you? I guess not. Fortunately I don't have them, I just don't wanna drink. Abstinence from alcohol. And that awful memory? My dad's a drunkard when I was just 2-3 years old. He changed, a lot. I don't wanna remember that part of him that he threw away.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member haruka9's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh it's okay to hang out with them during drinking sessions. The good thing about it is that you get the "casual vibe." It's the time where you get to know more about the person. Hindi man depth, pero you will still learn nice little things from her. You don't have to drink. What's more important is that you minimize the gap between you. Chances are.... she may invite you to their next drinking session.... and from there, you can figure out your next move

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, what you can achieve in terms of closeness in a drinking session, you can achieve more efficiently doing something else together. Unless you're just planning on getting laid, of course.

I'm not really just spouting my mouth off when I'm warning against using drinking sessions to get close to someone. I had the same experience years before.

Anyway, if drinking sessions are your only way to get close, you don't really have a choice.

=================

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member haruka9's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There are certainly more effective ways to get close to someone. However, Hunter needs to take every striking opportunity to be with the girl since her class is almost over ^__^.

As far as experiences are concerned.... Hmmmm, I guess I'm lucky because every drinking session that I "attended" didn't turn into a traumatic encounter. Some of those drunk bastards became my good buddies ^__^.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, what you can achieve in terms of closeness in a drinking session, you can achieve more efficiently doing something else together. Unless you're just planning on getting laid, of course.
    ah well, it's different for people. it could be heart-to-heart talk, it could be a retreat or recollection... that stuff doesn't work for me. to me, a drinking session, or pot. it's awesome to talk when under the influence. and that's coming from me, a suplado
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So, is everyone out celebrating Holy Week, or are we just all too lazy to post?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

@Hunter- You don't drink? How the hell is that possible?

@MJ- I'm just too lazy to post. I'm an atheist so I don't celerbate religious holidays... Hm... more nihilist than atheist though...
    Last edited by Paper; April 09, 2009 at 06:36 AM.

Kuronekooo~!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nihilism?? you want to abolish everything??? no paperboy if that were to happen japanese fetishes will be a common sight

you know what, i woke up this morning and got so bored, i thought of learning wapanoise, at a whim. so i got or illegally acquired thru accessible but borderline copyright violating means a learning japanese ebook, and i was surprised it's not so hard after all. after a couple of hours i've memorized the 70 something hiragana characters. i'm gonna keep this up, by next month i'll be able to read the raws
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

And your point is?

Kuronekooo~!

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast