Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

Thread: Working out a AU fic idea, and I wanted to start some diccusion on the what if of it

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rena-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Working out a AU fic idea, and I wanted to start some diccusion on the what if of it

Hello all, still pretty new here and while plotting this story I thought instead of just posting on LJ, I should also try a topic here. Getting right to the meat of it-

The story I'm working on I got the idea for very recently, and I'm still working out all the details for it. The biggest detail is the set up of the story, that when CCS!Sakura was just a toddler she and her father were involved in an auto accident and both died. Nadeshiko however is still alive, and young Touya sees the ghost of his dead family members much like how he saw his mother in CCS. Fast forward a few years, and 19-20ish Touya finds himself dead and a ghost. He didn't mean to stay on however, despite his concern for his best friend Yukito and his mother.

I know Fei Wong Reed is behind it but haven't worked many details on that front, and I also know Watanuki is still living his life somehow despite the fact he really shouldn't exist now. My main question to y'all, is how do you think various characters would be effected by TRC!Syaoran no longer existing and CCS!Sakura dying before CCS?

My thought with Kurogane is the same thing could have happened, since his mother was sick already. While she could have died in another way, and a better time persay.. |D The possibility of Kurogane's parents still dying still can be a very likely thing.

Fai, I want to reread his backstory before I put any thoughts there Not something I'm looking forward to, but should be somewhat quick with all the chapters out?

CCS cast, I haven't given much thought yet and I'm waiting till I finish with the main TRC cast to think on that. I do know I still want Yukito as Touya's best friend, and that still makes sense thanks to the cards even if the intended mistress is no longer living. I don't think the cards would be CCS!Syaoran's, no Sakura to scatter the cards in the first place.

....One day I'll tackle a nicer, simpler fic for TRC/Holic. Ah well I will add to this as makes sense, but I hope this is good enough to start. And yes, not the best time to think this up with the story not done, but who knows when CLAMP will finally finish the stories.... >.>

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ZaCloud's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Working out a AU fic idea, and I wanted to start some diccusion on the what if of it

Wow, intriguing and complex idea. Though it looks like it'd be very difficult to pull off. And difficult to figure out what strings to pull and what not to. Considering you would already have to take a lot of liberties to get it to work in the first place (unless you came up with ingenious planning-webs)... it might not hurt to just make it more completely AU, rather than having many ties to the original plotlines in the first place.

For example... hmm, I don't want to spoil things since you haven't read the whole TRC yet... But let's just say, everything is connected. So getting characters to still fit between your idea and the original storyline, might be nearly impossible.

But, if you find your own reasoning of why things happened the way they did, then you can make it work. For example, you can make up new crossover/relationship webs entirely. Or, you can just go "Here's how things are because I say so!" and set up your "world". Which can be fine to get a story out of your veins.

But it's always extra thrilling to find authors who go a little further and reason out why events are similar yet different. That's up to you though.

All I can say is, read TRC until you're caught up, and I think you'll see what I mean. (Besides, you should read it anyway just cuz it's awesome ) But you're free to make your story the way you want to.
    Hyuu Hyuuuu~!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rena-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Working out a AU fic idea, and I wanted to start some diccusion on the what if of it

I meant TRC isn't done, I'm surprising current with TRC and holic XD (Seeing as KHR, for example, I catch up maaaybe once a month, more like a month and a half) Sorry I wasn't clear

And I know it's a big idea, I have a more "free" idea as my other TRC bunny. Backstory with TRC!Fuuma and Sei, that may or may not end up AU. But this one I do want to stick with this, it'll be part of the reason things happened the way they did- though the idea itself, Sakura dead before CCS, is already a pretty big idea. But I'm clearly just crazy (Did I mention when I get hit by the bunny I wrote two little things to myself in text? It feels like a Japanese mobile novel... x3)

I also love fitting things together, part of why I'm not shooting this bunny I think >> But yeah, even if I didn't want to write this it is an interesting idea. Just how much would the world change?
    Last edited by Rena-chan; March 08, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: finish your post before enter, rena |D