Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gantz is not using teleportation.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz is not using teleportation.

At first I was totally opposed to your theory, but now I totally agree, it is logical what you say And the arguments that you've posted will be denied, only if Oku says otherwise.

The arguments I am making are the following:
    1.) Gantz does not use dimensional teleportation.
    2.) Gantz uses copying technology to transfer perfectly healthy people without injuries. Gantz uses that same technology to make copies of dead or injured people

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Amnesiac's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what you mean by "dimensional teleportation". But I don't really care.

The flaws in this pseudo-theory have been pointed out and you keep dancing around them. I'm done with this thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gantz556: Sorry to see you go. I mostly agree that Gantz is just making copies. There is a quantum anomoly in which the same atom can be in two places at once, but it's more likely that Gantz would just be using advanced copying technology to make a new copy every time he transports anybody.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems there's now a rule that results in the deletion of concise posts, let me try to be more explicit then...

Quote Originally Posted by Gantz556 View Post
    4.) It is possible for people to be conscious/aware when their new copies are being "loaded". Believe it or not, real-life scientists have already stated this argument before.
    The so obvious lack of truth in this statement coupled with the conviction of the poster brought me into a state of laughing out loud, followed by a 5 second /facepalm.

It's also funny he insists on pretending to be arguing against "teleportation", even though no one mentioned it.

In short, I loled.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Gantz556

You leaving won't solve anything. Try not to take things too
    seriously. These forums and threads are here so we can tell others
    or wacky theories. Gantz the manga can go to chapter 1000
    without Oku explaining teleportion or making copies. Just enjoy
    the ride dude.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Renan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Gantz556

It's gonna be hard to let you go wo/man.

Your theory makes A LOT of sense and there is a chance that this is very well true, but like jedi knight said we may never know. Gantz is just that kind of manga.
    My grandmother always told me that the best way to end the day was with a long shower. A long shower that is so hot your flesh will slowly burn off and you chance of survival is very small...I don't see her a lot.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner abtesk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

whyever gantz556 wants to leave ...

i too think gantz is a printjob, but given the circumstances it's just not possible. Half a head can't experience its body in a completley different place unless they are connected somehow ... but they are not. And most of all ... how come the frickin head FLOATS in midair?
    the idea that gantz makes a copy on subatomic level should be right, but the way oku presents it us is just most illogical.

just for example. i have already stated that the two body parts need to stay connected for them to experience the other parts surroundings and to even move in sync (altough to move the part floating in mid-air, which shouldn't float, gantz would have to exert direct force on it. and it doesn't seem to. but i know, it makes copies ... so it can make things float and move). but look at how you can see the inwards of the body during the transfer? that implies an interaction with its surroundings. you wouldn't be capable of seeing it if the light would not shine upon it. so if light can reach it, anyting else can too! so you should actually be able to grab somebody's liver out of their body during their transfer.

just face it!!!
    it's damn copy/paste and oku wanted it LOOK cool ... not make any real sense -.-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, a file is saved in the Gantz computer, then when someone is revived the alien laser holds down the pressure of the innards coming outwards.

So, it should be correct that teleportation is not involved. Everytime someone transfers the old copy is deleted and a freshly copied copy is presented. It doesn't go into how Gantzers remember their battle if they were hurt/dismembered/whatevered. Possibly their chip records their mind and puts that data in an unscathed copy/body.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner abtesk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

the nervous-system is really really complex and each human in a sense has a different brain. the overall tissue is the same, and of course there are the differences on a genetic level, but never underestimate enviromental influences!!
    sometimes a person is whacky just cause a part of his brain grew where it wasn't supposed to be ;-)

what i wanted to say was that altough reconfiguration of the nervous system is possible, it's fucked up difficult to do! even if you can rearrange matter on an atomic level. the slightest mistake can mess up the desired effect!

but i like the idea the chip having a copy ability.
    maybe that's how gantz can keep up a very recent backup? it doesn't scan the hunters from the outside, but rather from the inside.

and to explain why i believe gantz doesn't mess with the hunters' brains:
    if a person is badly wounded, he won't remember it (or at least most of the times) if gantz could just mess with the entire body, it could just take that backup's brain and put it into a fresh, perfeclty healthy body! or rearrange that brain to have the same mind-set as of the wounded body ... but gantz doesn't ... he rather chooses to heal years old wounds you got from a bad burn ......

my point is: OKU DOESN'T MAKE A DAMN SENSE!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post
    @Gantz556: Sorry to see you go.
    Wait, what? Where's Gantz556 going??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess gantz got tired of saying the same things over again. Epic player, I hope he comes back under a new acct then dramatically reveals his true form.

The funny thing is that gantzers who were dismembered don't remember what happened afterward, so he doesn't have to reconfigure their brains. Kei from the Buddha mission didn't know what happened when he came back to the room, it just had a copy of him when he was shooting it before it splashed him with that nameless acid. You also see this when kato is revived, the him that comes back is from when he was fighting the 1000 arms right before he was mangled too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really cool to see how much enthusiasm, thoughts and time people put in their fav comics/manga/cartoons or whatever they are fan of. But in this case it's getting ridiculous! How things at the end works depends on the artist, it is just a manga nothing real! I think Oku never really thought himself how the scan/teleport works, he maybe just did it like that because it looks cool.

So please don't be angry anymore and come back! I really enjoy reading your posts!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been a really fruitful discussion, but most everyone is missing a few key points. First of all, Oku is human, meaning he makes mistakes. He's also a sci-fi writer, so while Im sure he has some basis for the phenomenons in Gantz, none of it's proven.Knowing that we can only argue on what we assume Oku meant to do.

As far as that's concerned, Im with Gantz556 (you will be missed). Oku imagined Gantz as a copying mechanism. If you think of humans as simply complex machinery, it's not hard to imagine making a perfect copy with a seperate conscious. What I mean is every time a Gantz member is "deleted" they die along with their conscious. Gantz then creates a copy with an identical memory but differnt frame of perception. The support for this comes from all the revivals and the copy Keis (Kishimoto as well Kurono).

So Gantz556 was almost right. I say almost because Amnesiac clearly points out that the Gantzers can talk and move without brains. This wouldn't work if there was only a sliver of the copy in existence. Everything needs to be there for it to function like a human machine. That doesn't disprove Gantz556's theory though( there's far to much story-wise evidence in favor of copying). Oku must've fucked up. Its as simple as that. He didn't think out his theory quite well enough. Even Einstein made mistakes when he first published his theory of relativity. Unless someone can come up with a radically new explanation of the transfer there's not much else to be said.

And BTW Oku messed up on the last save thing to. I think he intended the last save to work like George said (which also provides support for the copy theory), but didn't follow through. Oku eats, shits, and forgets just like the rest of us, and unlike most authors, he doesn't have the opportunity to proofread his work.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Oku didn't fuck up, he has been consistent about this.

During normal sendings the gantzers can move as they go, in revivals/transfers from a damaged state (i.e. copying/rebuilding) the gantzers don't move/talk/etc until they're complete.

Not only that, the talking/moving without a brain thing happened far too many times (practically every mission if I remember correctly) to be a mistake.

PS: I'm aware that before the Tanaka mission Kurono and Kishimoto (in the middle of the "massage") were paralysed for the transfer, but that was not the same thing because they were still conscious and able to talk.

PPS: This discussion is redundant, there's no difference between copying, partially copying or sending. The end result is the same.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; May 11, 2009 at 12:06 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Distant Thunder's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks to arrive when an interesting discussion has ended... anyway, I would like to put a little contribution here.

I'm not a scientific nor I'm willing to study quantum physics to discuss about a work of fiction, but if the thing that Gantz556's theory is lacking is a brain, then I may have the answer.

The bald man.

I always wondered why he's in there, but if you really think about it, there's the brain you need to complete the puzzle.

He's connected to the machine, so his brain probably acts as a "nexus" in the process.

The first time you die, Gantz stores your data and then, every time he needs to, he simply "recalls" the moment you were "fine".

This is possible (in my opinion) because the machine stores all of these memories and information of each individual.

This also explains why Gantz can only transfer one player at a time, because there's only one person in each ball (and only one "brain" to act as the "conscious nexus").

Just my little contribution, sorry if I forgot something
    Last edited by Distant Thunder; May 28, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
    "The Truth exists beyond The Gates"

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast