Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore vol 17 (chap 90 - 95) Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Spoiler and Spoiler Discussion Thread

here's a brief summary of what happened in ch 84:

Claire and her fellow ghosts are surprised to see Claire's former manager and ask why he is there. Manager doesn't seem to be the least bit surprised to see Claire alive and is a bit hurt that she isn't warmer towards him. The ghosts wonder why he is there and he says its just a coincidence. He hints that they knew eachother before she was a warrior and that he taught her everything but fighting. He applauds their performance and says they are drawing too much attention from lay folks.

They are talking under a bridge and the manager basically tell them that Renee went missing and they know she was last seen fighting Riful. Basically the manager fills them in on what happened to Rapheala and her sister (forgot her name), that Renee is the "eye" of this generation but she isn't all that strong dispite her rank, and the fact that Riful is looking for people good at detecting yokai. The org doesn't know why but they assume (correctly) that it is not good. The org sent the 3 warriors and him to find Renee since it seems that Riful finally got what she wanted.

Cut to Renee and Riful: Renee says she cannot focus enough to with her legs cut off, and that she is no threat to Riful since she isn't that strong to begin with and cannot escape even fully healed. Riful doesn't believe her but Renee states that the task given to her is hard enough but she has to worry about forever living without legs at the same time is too draining on her concentration. Riful considers this and agrees but Dolph protests saying Renee just wants to escape. Riful reasons that Renee can't escape even with her full speed and isn't that worried.

Dolph compies and unhooks Renee but tells her he will hook her head (or something nasty like that) if she even thinks about betraying Riful. Renee is piss scared, while dolph reattatches her left arm (right forearm still missing). Riful says she should make a full recovery since the limbs are still fresh and to stop stalling or she really will just hook her head. Renee starts sync her yokai with the hybrid, and finds that their conscience has merged so much that she cannot tell one from the other. She reaches out to them and is shocked at their combined might even while in deep slumber, and thinks to herself that she cannot let it awaken.

Riful is pissed and threatens to cut Renee's head off for spacing out, but Renee apologies saying that awakening and hybrids are a new experience for her. Riful notices Renee is pale and asks if she is ok. Riful tells Renee to just focus on healing legs for now and that is would be shame if she died of blood lose after all that trouble (note: Riful is like an expert torturer, maybe she knows about the Helsinski syndrome?).

While Renee is healing herself she thinks that if she were to awaken the hybrid, she and Dolph would be crushed in an instant. She is not sure if Riful is a match for it, but is sure that only things of an abysmal lvl power will have a chance of walking away. Renee thinks to herself that if she is to have even a small chance of surviving the fight between the 2 abysmal ones she will need legs to get away (duh).

Cut back to Claire and the manager: Manager explains that they are looking for clues as to what happened after Rapheala killed her sister, since neither one's body, alive or dead have been seen since that day. The manager has some theories but I can't really make them out..... sorry. Claire wonders why he is telling them this and he says he just wanted to help her out, and that she was under no obligation to help find Renee, "just like Mirami can do what she wants with the info about the mainland" which shocks the ghosts that the org knows. He then adds that any info would be appreciated if they wanted to repay the favor.

The manager deduces that Mirai is still alive from their reactions and accurately guesses the remaining surviors (he's really good). Claire is pissed and wonders just who the hell he is, but Tabby answers for her: the manager is a spy for the other side that opposes the org on the mainland!

Now it gets a bit complex and I can't make a direct trans but it seems that the manager was the one that leaked all the info to Mirai in the first place. He said he wanted her to repel against the org and make a big fuss and really mess up the org, but instead she went incognito and stayed silent about her knowledge.

Claire asks if he will tell the org about them and form a team to wipe them out. The manager coolly replies that since they mean to topple the org, he would leave them alone. some more back and forth that I can't really read.....it seems pretty important though so sorry I couldn't get it

Claire thinks the manager is just baiting them to challenge Riful and get killed. Manager is still smirking.....

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to lurk on baidu just to find that scene 85 was already there (chinese scan of course), so here is the link where you can read it online :

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=496232584

MU link : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=GDG72CFT (thanks Snoopy @RSF)

enjoy it guys
    Last edited by monkey d scar; November 01, 2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added MU link

4. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter btw, the ghost i.e. Helen & Deneve doesn't seem to be as almighty as they were portrayed before. I wonder who that new Claymore there is, she seems to be one hell of a fighter, maybe a new Claymore (new to the Organisation, without a high rank)?, I'm eagerly waiting for a trans.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yueyouko's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

@PB|Ichigo,

don't misunderstand. deneve said herself that, that warrior is really good. she's number 8, dietrich. maybe she's a warrior who will be promoted soon, we'll never know.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was thinking to myself the same thing. She may be due for a promotion. We've seen 3 4 5 6 and now 8. I wasn't really impressed with #3 (Audrey) or #5 (Rachel) but that was possibly due to their opponent. Those two didn't seem to be very well rounded warriors. #4 (Miata) is kind of crazy. #6 (Rene) is kind of weak. #8 seems to be more battle hardened.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But why's she named Dietrich? That's just wrong, 'cause it's a male name, not a female, Yagi made a pretty big fauxpas there, hope he'll change the the name in the tankōbon (would be #16) when it's being released.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Its actually pretty hard to tell her name from the Chinese translation. Best wait for the Japanese RAW to make sure. I mean, with Rene, everyone thought she was Rune at first...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

all claymores have french names, and i can't find any french name approaching the sound of dietrich ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The English version of the chapter
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/85/01/

Anyways,
    The chapter felt a bit short, i guess there is still more to Ruvel than what he is saying.
    More interesting developments happened, the new 8th rank Claymore seems to know about her surroundings, well it is somehow expected from a single digit.
    But there is was no showing to Riful or Renee, oh well, no problem.
    Last edited by Baron Hugenstein; November 02, 2008 at 10:03 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

when do claymore chapters usually come out?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

chinese raws by the 3rd, jap raws: 4th-7th, scanlation from jap raws a day later.

Finally some spoilers from TS:
    Quote Quote:
    作者の都合により名無しです:2008/11/30(日) 14:56:16 ID:nR5lEXpn0

1月号掲載順
    エンバー(巻頭カラー)
    アイレボ(センター)

クレイモア
    貧乏神(表紙)
    ピカソ
    カオス
    ロザパン(センター)
    葛本(センター)
    枯尾花幽霊探偵事務所(読み切り)
    テガミバチ
    PAR
    放課後
    Luck
    屍鬼
    まつり
    オーケストラ

現代魔法
    リボン
    ギャグマンガ

2月号予告
    巻頭 オケ
    センター Luck、アイレボ
    読み切り 血界戦線/内藤泰弘
    貧乏神はページ数は変わらないけど2話掲載
    Quote Quote:
    作者の都合により名無しです:2008/11/30(日) 17:08:22 ID:rufChQAvO
    バレ

No.と強さのアンバランスに気がついたデネヴ
    ディートリヒに問うと、
    以前に覚醒しそうになったが、その時はなぜか戻れたんだ…
    ディートリヒの回想場面

一転、リフルと融合体の場面、
    光り輝き姿形を様々に変え現れた姿は、正面と後ろに顔が二つあり
    腕が四本あるインドの女神?のよう
    私の名はアリス… 覚醒者を喰らう上位捕食者…
    私は今、とてもお腹が空いている
    そして私の眼の前には、おいしそうな家畜がいる
    私の今の気持ちが、家畜達にもわかるかしら?
    Can't read jap but seems like we have
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by rukori; November 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Like usual, chinese scanlation first You can read it online here :

Scene 86 : http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=509158233

And from moonflowers @BA :

Quote Quote:
    My Chinese sucks, but the gist of the spoilers for Ch 86 from Baidu that Beee posted are:

After Deneve? and Helen? (sorry, can't remember names) help the new girl, Dietrich, she thanks them for saving her life. Her comrades are fine, just unconscious, and she puts them down where they can wake up soon.

Deneve and Helen say that they don't want her thanks, just her promise of secrecy, but Dietrich surprises them by saying that she won't be able to keep them a secret if questioned about it by the Organization. Then she suddenly suggests that if they truly want to make sure it's a secret, they should just kill her on the spot. D and H are upset by her stubbornness and mutter that they shouldn't have gone through the trouble of saving her from the Awakened Being in the first place.

D and H decide it's not worth it to keep arguing with her and just leave, but to their amazement Dietrich continues to follow them. It turns out she has a good idea who they are, because she suddenly suggests that they'll need a guide to get around the South after being gone for 7 years. Besides their shock at being recognized as the missing warriors, D and H are curious as to why the South has changed so much in just 7 years. Dietrich explains that half the towns have been wiped out completely by something they call a "evil demon" (not sure what the Japanese was).

D and H thank her but jump off a cliff to enter the nearest town without her, after detecting a new and immense yoki there. Unfortunately, when they pass by the owner of said yoki, the force of it is so strong that they both are paralyzed and left helpless on the ground. They try to conceal their identities, but suddenly one of them loses her right arm in a surprise attack.

Back in the forest where Dietrich is hiding in terror behind a tree, an Awakened Being passes her and says, "The evil demon is back."

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

a post from weilz from forums.animesuki.com

Helen: Wow, just one hit and it's done. You're really something.

Deneve: To cover up for her weakness in size and weight, she cut the opponent into half from a great height. Looks like she has a lot of experience dealing with ABs.

(Dietrich sheathes her sword.)

(Later...)

Helen: So how's the status of those three?

Dietrich: It's all right. They didn't get any serious injuries. Everyone just lost consiousness, they will wake up very soon.

Helen: That's good.

Dietrich: Due to your care, we get to live, thanks to you. We show our gratitude.

Helen: We don't need thanks. But it's a bit inconvienient on our side. If you could keep the information regarding us a secret to the Organization, then we would appreciate it.

Dietrich: I'm sorry, I can't do this.

Helen: Ah?

Dietrich: I swore an oath of loyalty to the Organization never to lie. If I'm asked about this, I'll have to tell everything. But it's fortunate that I'm the only one who saw both of you, so if you do not want to let the Organization know, just get rid of me right here.

Helen, Deneve: !

Deneve: In order not to lie...you would rather die?

Dietrich: This is my way of living. Other than that, I have no idea what path I can choose.

Helen: (makes an exasperated expression) Wow, this is so problematic, she's such a brat. (to Dietrich) If we kill you now, what's the point of saving you earlier?

Deneve: Hmph. (sheathes sword) Forget it, just do what you want. It's already fortunate you didn't become enemies with us after taking down the AB.

Dietrich: !

Deneve: (leaving) Let's go, Helen.

Helen: Erm, yeah.

(Dietrich seemingly remains there)

(Later...the pair moving rapidly through the forest)

Helen: Hey, hey. This is not good, Deneve. What should we do?

Deneve: Ah...looks like the situation is becoming problematic.

(Helen and Deneve stop their sprint)

Helen: Damn, can't believe we can't shake her off.

Deneve: From her speed, it's looks like it's only half of ours. It's an impressive endurance.

(Dietrich arrives)

Helen: So...you want something, Miss? Have you changed your mind and decided to get rid of us?

Dietrich: After that, I have been thinking...if I have been kidnapped by you both back there, I wouldn't need to report to the Organization. Wouldn't that be done?

Helen: Ah? I have no idea what you're talking about. What good would it be to kidnap you?

Dietrich: You can just treat it like this. I'm just only following you both from behind. If you think I'm a burden, you can just kill me. But this Southern land has changed since 7 years ago. As for both of you who hid in the North, you would need a guide if you want to move forward.

Helen: ! How did you know?...

Dietrich: It's just my assumption. Whether it's true of false, both of you need not answer. I also won't ask.

Helen: Has changed 7 years ago...what changes have happened?

Dietrich: First, the Southern towns have disappeared by half. Second, I would advise both of you not to proceed south.

Helen: Wha...H..half? What exactly happened?

Dietrich: The true reason is not yet known. I just only know the present status.

Deneve: What is there from here to south?

Dietrich: I can't tell you too much details from my point of view. But I hope you will treat this as my truthful warning. From here to the southern land, there is something that appears which is called the "Demon".

(Later...Helen and Deneve keep moving, with Dietrich following behind)

Helen: But anyway, half's half. I wonder if half of those disappeared towns do include my hometown and Deneve's? Even if it is, we only confirm when we reach there.

Dietrich: ... I already gave my warning. You still want to keep going despite this?

Helen: We came here for this. Although we are not clear on details, we can't just be so thick-skinned to go back after a warning. And the "Demon" you talked about earlier, if it appears, we would naturally know what's going on.

(The trio reaches the outskirts of a town)

Helen: By the way, this town is giving out a mysterious strong yoki. More or less the same as Riful we encountered...

Deneve: Or it's above Riful's...the man who defeated Luciela of the South, Isley...

Dietrich: !

Helen: Ah, exactly. That person can be dubbed as the Demon. So what should we do next, Deneve?

Deneve: What do you mean "what should we do"?

Helen: I'm saying, if the town is still safe despite the presence of an Abyssal One, that would mean he's honestly waiting among the populace. (grins to Deneve) Don't you want to see the true face of that Abyssal One Isley?

Deneve: ! I guess you never fully take heed of Miria's warning, did you...

Helen: What...Don't tell me Deneve, you aren't interested, he's...

Deneve: (strengthens her muscles and clasps her fist) Don't be silly. That person is the AO of the North. Although we never confronted him directly, he was the mastermind of the battle in the North. To our comrades who were sacrificed, he's the biggest enemy.

Helen: Hey, calm down. I didn't say we have to battle here. The most we can do is to sneak a peek. Since we are hiding our yokis, that means he wouldn't notice.

Dietrich: Hey, what do you think you're doing? Stop that thought!

Helen: Ah, you should wait here. If there's someone beside us who's giving out the warrior's yoki, we won't be able to get closer. Don't worry, we will be back soon enough.

Dietrich: Wait, wait...

(Helen and Deneve are already gone. Dietrich stands stunned)

Dietrich: Such rash people...But if the other is an AO, won't he be not discovered if he hid his yoki...

(In the town. Helen and Deneve are wearing hooded cloaks)

Helen: This is such a bustling town. So many people, can't beleive there's an AO in this place.

Deneve: Be careful. Even if our yoki is hidden, our eyes are still silver. If our eyes meet with him, our identities as claymores will be uncovered. (stops) It's here.

(The pair keep moving, but soon their cloaks are shaking very rapidly)

Helen: Wow, what is this? Such an abnormally strong yoki. A normal person won't be able to feel anything.

Deneve: According to some people with sixth sense, they are more or less be able to feel it. Although they don't know what's the reason for it, they subconsiously won't want to think of coming here.

Helen: Aw, I guess this is pretty pitiful. It must be painful not to have eveybody understand him.

Deneve: ...This is weird.

Helen: Erm? What's wrong?

Deneve: I kept thinking about the AO, so I never think much otherwise...but this situation is really weird. Why is that person hiding himself in this town? I can't think of any reason he would revert to human form and hide himself. There's another point. Regarding what that person said earlier, "Abyssal One" isn't a word that is specially taboo, why would that person exceptionally use a different definition?

(A strong wind suddenly blows. A person, presumably a male in tattered rags moves towards their direction)

Deneve: (thinks) Damn...just not careful and we directly run into him.

Helen: (thinks) This guy is...Isley?

(Man continues walking)

Deneve: (thinks) No, we can't stop walking. By right he won't be able to sense our yoki. In his point of view we should be normal people... (to Helen) Let's go, Helen.

Helen: Wait...wait, my...my legs...

(Helen falls on all fours)

Helen: Urgh...

Deneve: !!

(Helen's sword is exposed. Deneve moves over to her side to cover it)

Deneve: (thinks) Damn... has it been seen?

(The man in rags moves and stops to their side)

Man: What's wrong? Injured?

Deneve: No...nothing...it's just that my sister's legs aren't that very good...

Man: Need my help?

Deneve: It's all right, I'm with her. Please don't mind.

Man: ...

(Helen breathes heavily and shakes in fear)

Man: Really, then take care of yourself.

Deneve: Yes. Thanks for your concern, we appreciate it.

(Man leaves. Deneve breathes a sigh of relief. She suddenly gets a wide slash that cuts her right side, and collapses)

Helen: D...Deneve! (screams)

Man: (turns around and faces them) A bunch of trash...What are you hiding your yokis for?

Helen: You...you bastard...

Man: Such sore eyes, go and turn into ashes now!

(Man deals out a slashing blow. Meanwhile... Dietrich hides behind a tree)

Dietrich: H...how...To happen right now, damn...

(A figure moves forward in the mist)

Dietrich: The Demon...has returned...

17. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member rukori's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Man those cliff-hangers are killing me...

you shouldn't be so quick to die. life is a precious thing...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoilers time! Unfortunately it seems the chapter will be delayed a few days this month due to Japan holidays.
    Quote Quote:
    突然现れた悪魔たちに、斩り挂かるヘレンだったが
    逆に右腕を断たれ左目も溃されてしまう
    ディートリヒが助けに加わり
    またイースレイが覚醒体になり悪魔の相手をしている间に
    なんとか戦场を离脱する三人
    すぐさま再生する悪魔に劣势を强いられるイースレイ
    ディートリヒの口から悪魔の正体が明かされる
    曰く、组织による妖魔ではなく覚醒者の血肉を使い生成された戦士で
    自我を取り除かれ、たった一つ覚え込まされた饵(イースレイ)だけを追い求める绝対的な生命体である
    深渊喰い…11体の悪魔に组织はそう名付けた
    Translation:
    The demons suddenly appear, and as Helen tries to cut them down,
    has her right wrist broken, and left eye blinded.
    Dietrich tries to help them by joining in the battle.
    As Isley transforms to his Awakened form,
    the 3 of them try to find a way to escape the battle.
    Against these demons who can regenerate quickly, fighting them is very difficult
    Dietrich reveals the true identity of the demons:
    The organization, instead of using youma flesh to make Claymores, used the flesh of Awakened Beings to create the Demons
    The name the organization has for the 11 demons they have created is "深渊喰い" (something along the lines of Abyssal Devourers)

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast