Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: About Sakata

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revilenigma's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool About Sakata

two things that have never made sense to me about sakata:

1. why does he always wear sunglasses? at first I thought he had some sort of skin condition: http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...-109&page_nr=9, but he even wears them during the night: http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...197&page_nr=17

2. why did Sakata tell Sakurai that because of using his powers his organs have greatly aged? It doesn't make any sense, Gantz repairs everything you when you arrive to the gantz room (remember how Kishimoto tells Kei that all her scars are gone and Kei is suprised to find his burn marks gone and the old guy who had cancer woke up in the gantz room cured. Gantz also fixes your body every time you enter the Gantz room. So either A: Sakata is lying to Sakurai to try to get him to stop using his powers for some reason or B: Oku fucked up.
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakata the Dumbass...

Hmm...I dunno...

Maybe with his psychic powers his vision has been enhanced. If that is the case, maybe he just thinks he looks cool in his sunglasses (which he does in my opinion ) and decided "Hell, I can see equally well with my sunglasses on, why not look cool why?"

I know....this seems a little far-fetched, but it's the only possibility I can think of.

I must say that, about the organs going bad due to the powers, I'm a little confused.
    If he DID lie about his organs getting aged very fast in order to get Cherry to use his powers less, why would he even bother? The only reason I see for Cherry to limit the use of his powers is to stop his organs from ageing.

Or maybe Sakata used his psychic powers and could see Cherry would become a useless character in the future and decided that he'd tell Cherry to limit the use of his psychic powers...

Well...seriously, maybe Oku just needed a reason for Cherry not to use his powers in order for Cherry to get 0 points. So it's not REALLY a fuck up by Oku.
    Last edited by BrazilianGantzer; April 03, 2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianGantzer View Post
    Well...seriously, maybe Oku just needed a reason for Cherry not to use his powers in order for Cherry to get 0 points. So it's not REALLY a fuck up by Oku.
    That's what I think, cause if I were there in Osaka or Italy and I had powers, I would use them even if it were some how true that they were eventually gonna cause organ failure.

Oku must have regretted the whole powers thing or he's planning something big with Sakurai.
    http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/revilenigma/avatars%20and%20sigs/boxman.png

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I see your point Revilenigma.
    I think it's worth ageing your organs a little bit instead of getting torn to shreds by Nuri. Sakata's organs only aged after practically a whole lifetime of using powers. One or two missions wouldn't have affect Cherry much, I don't think.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even think it's even possible to have your organs aged if your in Gantz. Let's say if it were possible that Gantz doesn't fix everything on you before and after every mission, Sakata's long time use would have killed him before he ever got killed by Izumi

-Uses Powers for about 5-10 years before entering Gantz = okay
    -Arrives in Gantz which has proven to fix everything on your body (scars, burns, cancer)
    -2 or 3 missions later= health problems

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if you think about it, Gantz would have known all about it; that's why he always called him dumbass. The Gantz missions occur every 2 weeks to 1 month. There was the Dino mission, then the horsemen, then the Oni mission, when Sakata told Cherry about the fact that he had seen a doctor a while back, and had been told about the damage. At that point, he had been in the Gantz room somewhere between 24 days, if the missions followed the early schedule of a mission every 12 days, and a maximum of 2 months if they followed the later schedule after Kei figured out that the mission schedule had changed before the 1000 arms mission. He had probably just went to the doctor before he died and went to the Gantz room. Since we're talking about internal organs, Gantz knows he's a dumbass for not realizing his body was healed and can use his powers to their full extent every mission without any problems, but Sakata the dumbass just hadn't realized it yet.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes a lot of sense, man Sakata sure is a dumbass, I would still like to know why he wears sunglasses during the night. The only thing I can think of is that he has really sensitive eyes.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Inaba wore sunglasses all the time because he's badass and Oku wanted an easy way to portray him as one, he was called "dumbass" by Gantz because he was a know it all, in regards to his organs ageing, Gantz wouldn't have healed him everytime he enetered the room, we don't know how often he used his powers outside of Gantz or what kind of lifestyle he lead.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He must haved use it a lot to be able to master it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member teh100pointer's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Im looking forward to the theories about Sakata. He is in my top 5. Why he didn't let Cherry to do suicide? why did he give the power to him? There are blind spots...
    Anyway he looks cool in the wayfarer style sun glasses
    cat > katou.cfg
    bind 1 say Kei-chan!
    ^Z

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teh100pointer View Post
    Im looking forward to the theories about Sakata. He is in my top 5. Why he didn't let Cherry to do suicide? why did he give the power to him? There are blind spots...
    Anyway he looks cool in the wayfarer style sun glasses
    Perhaps he wasn't even human and he really did bestow his powers on Sakurai, he may have been hiding some creepy looking eyes.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member teh100pointer's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty weird idea
    cat > katou.cfg
    bind 1 say Kei-chan!
    ^Z

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakata was awesome indeed...He wore sunglasses because he was a badass.

I remember there was a time when the kurono fandom began to hate Sakata because he did not wanted to bring back Kurono.

His speech at that time was indeed very cold, it brought a cold sentation that was being forgotten due to the optimistic Kato...i kinda liked it.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hated him for it too but in a sense Sakata was right for about every person they revive two die in there place, now all we got left are 8 gantzers

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

He's probably wearing sunglasses 'cause his vision's enhanced due to psychic powers. I mean, if he can see into people's heads, he sure as hell can see through sunglasses.......

Plus, they make him look cool!

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast