Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: About Sakata

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Amnesiac's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakata the Dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by Xqtr. View Post
    I'm even more curious about what he said when he first saw the Gantz Ball...

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...&pg=12-078.jpg
    I had completely forgotten about that.

For a second I thought Sakata might have been in the room before and got the powers as a reward, but if I remember correctly Sakata said his powers were given to him by someone, like he gave them to Sakurai. If the powers came from gantz, he would not even know he had powers, much less remember their origin.

Still, I'll bet the origin of the chain of ESP lies in gantz. As does the origin of the vampire virus, and most or all of the other aliens.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Oku wouldn't have put Sakata as saying something as significant as that without any purpose. Oku rarely makes mistakes and this one seems to be too big possibly to be an error.

Although Sakata is dead I don't think his part in the story is over; even if this means that more will be revealed of him because of Cherry...

Or it could simply be that he did, in fact, see it on TV...remember that reporter telling Kurono about this big cult in Germany that worships a very, very big black sphere?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason the organs aging thing is still valid is because gantz just heals whatever he wants to.

Look at old man, he still has wrinkles, and is quite feeble without his suit regardless. That old lady got really tired from running from the bird aliens as well.

If you need more proof, look at the fat zoku guy nishi killed before the bird mission. He was beaten to death, then revived, but gantz didn't give him back his teeth, probably because he thought it was funny. He also cured the guy from the first mission's cancer, but he was still feeble as well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Winterwyrm. Gantz has never deaged anyone, so I don't see why that is being questioned. As for the sunglasses, he possibly had hyperesthesia or something like that that makes his senses hyper sensitive.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member croissant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

lets say thats right. Would that mean that anything you do while you are a hunter in gantz... You can make yourself fit and do the opposite? Whatever you do while you are not hunting... Like smoking, drinking... doing drugs. Getting some disease. Gantz isn't kind enough to heal stuff that slowly kill you?. And anything that that will surely kill you, like losing a lot of blood... Losing an arm.. He would repair it?

We've seen guys lose their heads before their transfer. I mean, they died... But what if it was deliberate? Would gantz still be kind enough to heal a lost arm? We haven't had a case where before the transfer someone lost a limb.. makes me wonder what kind of categories Gantz will think of before he makes a transfer..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thier have been many many many many limbs lost before the transpher.

1st Mission: Katou lost arm
    3rd mission: Kei lost arm and leg
    tae mission: old man lost limbs
    Nuri mission: Iniba and old man lost limbs
    Italy mission: Kei lost arm and leg

Their are actully alot more examples but i dont wanna look for um
    gantz brought all teir limbs back
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member croissant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry... Kinda bad at explaining... I meant the transfer before the mission. And a deliberate one too. Like you are already a hunter in gantz. But you messed up your body while off-mission.. Would he still repair it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh lol I gotcha now =P

Personally I think he still would. I belive the healing is built into the transfer process but who knows
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it might repair limbs because you would just die of blood lose very fast, but if your organs are messed up you would not get them healed, because you don`t die instantly from it, unless your kidney or liver fails before the mission or something.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About Sakata

Aging isn't a disease or any illness. Gantz has been shown to heal those. He probably still could. Those are all complications that involve some external influence. The aging thing however was completely caused by the body itself, so Gantz probably can't fix that.

It's simple. If you are transferred you are healed to your best condition possible. Their very first entry into the room is proof enough of that because all burns, scars, and even illnesses were gone.

This actually does deal with one of the more popular teleportation theories. The idea is that a computer can copy all aspects of that individuals body down to every last detail, then it can generate that somewhere else. It deals with cloning, and even though it would probably be one of the quickest methods to making teleportation possible it doesn't really reach the right goal you know? This is the idea I think they use in Gantz. It doesn't mean that they are cloned every time they are transferred though. I do think Gantz uses something related to cloning to heal them though. Either that or the program only copies the foundations of the body, which would overlook the damages, and then it uses that to transfer them. They may be torn down to their very own dna and built from the bottom up every time for all we know.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3