Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1954

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. October 4th)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I got the feeling his psychic like abilities will be gone when he's back to normal because otherwise he's just a very difficult character to work with in the story. It certainly won't be the first time people changed their style due to life-altering events in POT.
    He doesnt even have Psychic powers. Konomi said so.
    The opponent just feels despair and eventually and slowly black out. Nothing more to it.
    Why would he lose Yips?
    Who has had a life-altering event on the same scale as Yukimura?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    If I were Konomi, I would be weeding out the characters I'm not using anymore. Yukimura seems to be one of those characters.
    If he's going for an operation, it obviously means he is going to come back.
    Otherwise they wouldn't have had him as the only MSer good enough to break into that Top 20 list.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I think Yukimura will get downgraded just because yips/dream is a ridiculously stupid ability to have any meaningful tennis even for POT. Literally every game would come down to whether the opponent is immune to an otherwise instant win ability. It'd probably be something like Yukimura lost his yips/dream power after the surgery but it turns out those abilities don't work on any top tier characters to begin with. I can see him unsealing his 'True Muga' style or whatever Konomi deems appropriate as a replacement. It'll be strong but it won't be the unconditional instant win yips/dream was.
    Yukimura is more than Yips Phantron.
    You aren't getting the story right it seems.

You can't make Yukimura take you on seriously until you overcome the Yips he brings. Considering he still took points off Sanada when Sanada was out of Yips I don't see why you would assume he is Yips and nothing else. It's like saying Sanada is Rai and nothing else.
    You can overcome Rai but it doesnt mean you have beaten Sanada.

How is Yips ridiculously stupid next to the many moves we have in PoT?

Honestly, I now think it's clear that Konomi knows if he gives Yukimura even just one more power-up in this G10 thing he would have made Yukimura far too strong.
    So he's gonna drop him from the story for a while and bring him back some later time.
    Yukimura is the 4th most popular character in the series currently. It's unlikely he will just get dropped.

'True Muga' style is pretty Random. There has been zero hints towards that.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    In doubles at least, when your partner can cover the initial path.
    In Doubles there are two of you. Just somebody standing in front of it shouldn't really be such a game changer.

With only one person in Singles I'd rather we got an explanation since Fuji didn't even know the path, he had to break down Ohabu's spin completely.
    Ohabu seems above MS level. If you can use it on demand that is.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the line about yukimura getting the operation in a few days is a mistranslation. The 2ch spoiler summary said "there, ive kept my promise, someone will contact you/him with in a few days time."

Small difference, but just like to clarify.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yukimura will get downgraded just because yips/dream is a ridiculously stupid ability to have any meaningful tennis even for POT. Literally every game would come down to whether the opponent is immune to an otherwise instant win ability. It'd probably be something like Yukimura lost his yips/dream power after the surgery but it turns out those abilities don't work on any top tier characters to begin with. I can see him unsealing his 'True Muga' style or whatever Konomi deems appropriate as a replacement. It'll be strong but it won't be the unconditional instant win yips/dream was.
    Yukimura is still insanely strong without Yips. He fights evenly, and even beating Sanada with Rai. That's pretty sick.

And it look like theory about top 10 being all MS won't happen now, after all. At least Kimijima is staying. This means Duke is also more likely to keep his position, for now.
    Last edited by -Ken-; November 01, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Yukimura as I see Tezuka. Its a pretty common technique I'd say to have a few "god-like" strong characters who we rarely see the true power of, and what they're really capable of. Konomi himself said (back in the day) that Yukimura was what he considered to be the strongest player. Now, if I was in his position, I too would feel like, I want to stay consistent with that concept, but I don't want it to take away from other character's development. It's why Tezuka continuously gets removed from the story; we know he's strong and we know he can pretty much destroy any opponent...if his arm was healed. And that would make a pretty boring storyline-Tezuka wiping everyone over and over again. The best way to deal with him was to keep him at the top, but never really show us what he's made of. Same deal with Yukimura. Since the original series, we've known Yukimura was powerful, but we've only ever seen a few of his matches right?

A good example of character development that WOULD keep the story interesting is with characters like Sanada. We want to see how much stronger Sanada has gotten, but it'll be a dilemma to say Sanada has surpassed Yukimura because Yukimura has to remain strong no matter what. If Sanada were to beat Yukimura just from the mountain training, that would make Yukimura seem far too weak. The best way to handle this, is simply remove him from the picture so we never get answers as to who is stronger. All we'll know is Sanada has gotten incredibly powerful, but not be specific about HOW much more powerful with respect to Yukimura.

Its the same reason we never see Yukimura vs Tezuka. God knows, I'm dying to find out which one of them is stronger. But I'm betting Konomi doesn't know either, and for now he doesn't plan to make a decision. It would be too strange to have Tezuka get beaten by Yukimura, but then Tezuka is shipped off to pro-world while Yukimura remains. But we also don't want to see Yukimura get wiped by whatever Tezuka can dish out. Instead Tezuka gets sent off to all parts of the world, and now after we FINALLY see him in a few exciting matches, off to be a pro.

I'd say overall I've been 100% expecting Yukimura to "disappear" from the camp for quite awhile now, but this was the last place I expected that information to come out haha...
    Last edited by mazakianzu; November 01, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The only guy I'm expecting to disappear is Niou. I really like his character, but come on, he is so OP right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Ryoga is going to play an unnoficial match against Ryoma, but I hope Ryoma wins since he needs it.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It seems Ryoga is going to play an unnoficial match against Ryoma, but I hope Ryoma wins since he needs it.
    Would really upset me if Ryoga's first manga match was an off-screen slap from Ryoma.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Would really upset me if Ryoga's first manga match was an off-screen slap from Ryoma.
    If he picks up his racket, is probably they'll play, but doubt Ryoma will lose again. Also, Sanada said something to him, maybe good luck or go ahead?

Anyways, if they play, it's Ryoma's win, I'll be mad if Konomi makes him lose.

I'd like to know what happened to Kite in the end, he was crushed.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; November 01, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see an unofficial match happening...it's just that in tenipuri world, you can't take a shit without having a racket in hand >.>

3 matches in and all 3 have had serious injuries...they better have miracle doctors at this camp lol.

12. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    If he's going for an operation, it obviously means he is going to come back.
    Otherwise they wouldn't have had him as the only MSer good enough to break into that Top 20 list.
    ..or Konomi simply wanted to remove Yukimura while he sat on the throne. Just like Tezuka. If he is going for an operation...again...that would mean he "isn't" going to come back. Practically speaking.

That's like saying "If Tezuka is going to Germany for training, obviously he is coming back." No, it doesn't mean that. It means Konomi isn't doing anything more with Tezuka, and the rest is up to your imagination. We may not even see Tezuka play a match ever again, and I'm not going to be the one surprised if we don't.
    Last edited by Fayte; November 01, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly? Honestly? Yukimura's too fucking nice and Konomi should put him on a bus for a while. He was the only middle schooler officially selected to play against the 1st Stringers. This implies that even the top heads of the U-17 know that he's already first stringer material. Not even Fuji got a chance like that. And that says something, because Fuji's the genius. I mean he's a scrub now, but still.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SO i'm going to go to the bathroom means let's have a tennis match? hehe
    Last edited by ashore; November 02, 2012 at 02:00 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fayte
    You have dissed Yukimura as a character in past threads. So you thinking Yukimura will be gone forever despite being the 4h most popular character at this stage doesn't surprise me.
    If you looked at it from a neutral point of view, why would Konomi state Yukimura as at the Top of the Middle School Tennis world halfway through SPoT in the databooks only to remove him permanently? Unless you see other strong and popular MSers being just removed from the camp too.

Surprised you genuinely believe Yuki and Tezuka will leave SPoT like that. Ahead of Atobe and Sanada they were amongst Ryoma's 4 biggest rivals and you think that's how they will just leave?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Honestly? Honestly? Yukimura's too fucking nice
    Too bad this isn't a reason to disprove my point.

Quote Quote:
    @Fayte
    You have dissed Yukimura as a character in past threads. So you thinking Yukimura will be gone forever despite being the 4h most popular character at this stage doesn't surprise me.
    If you looked at it from a neutral point of view, why would Konomi state Yukimura as at the Top of the Middle School Tennis world halfway through SPoT in the databooks only to remove him permanently? Unless you see other strong and popular MSers being just removed from the camp too.

Surprised you genuinely believe Yuki and Tezuka will leave SPoT like that. Ahead of Atobe and Sanada they were amongst Ryoma's 4 biggest rivals and you think that's how they will just leave?
    Oh grow up about the "character dissing." You take things way too personal. Yeah, that's my whole mentality alright. "I hate Yukimura, therefore all of my thoughts in life are about how I can convince people that they wont see him anymore." That's realistic. My point was, we don't know where Konomi is going with the story and how long until he gets tired of writing it. My guess would be there is 1 more arc after they get all the MSers on the 1st string team, that being the world tournament. Would you honestly be surprised if Tezuka and Yukimura were NOT on that team? It could happen quite easily. Yukimura gets ill again and loses his spot, and Tezuka is in Germany. If we see Tezuka play again, it will probably be on the German team and he will play against Echizen in Singles 1. I think you need to see that it is way more possible than you probably think.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see. I wasn't very clear earlier. I meant come back to the storyline as oppose to coming back to being a member of the Japanese 1st String.
    And character dissing just decreases the value of that person's opinion. So its not about ''growing up''.

And you said we may not ever see Tezuka play a match again. That's strongly unlikely, which was my point. Same with Yuki, my question was do you genuienely believe Yuki and Tezuka would just vanish from the story in such ways?
    It's more likely they would return to the series or something.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; November 02, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast