Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1837

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

Why have Kin-chan play against no.13 player if he was gonna play Oni. It really does seem that every chapter is just made up on the spot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    Why have Kin-chan play against no.13 player if he was gonna play Oni. It really does seem that every chapter is just made up on the spot.
    Now someone else is about to get the No. 13 spot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura can't do anything to the fact that his racket will be burning up after the first hit and therefore he'd have no way of returning the next hit. That's assuming he didn't catch on fire himself.

Even if the 10 ballers magically do not just auto immune to lesser techs like yips, it clearly takes a while before yips kicks in and Yukimura will most likely have died before yips ever kicks in from the fire. I think this chapter is a way to basically do away with previously undefeatable techs because unless you argue immunity to lesser techs (which is possible but also pretty cheap) some stuff like Atobe Kingdom seems outright uncounterable. Well they may very well be uncounterable but if you haven't reached the 10-ball level you'll probably just burn to death so it wouldn't even matter.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Chinse version out here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2019870019. Can check out the pictures even if you can't read it.

I noticed that despite Kintaro just burned up the net, Oni isn't even very surprised. In fact, he looks less surprised compared to when Kintaro returned his BJK in their first scrimmage.

I guess 10 ballers are just used to seeing crazy things.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Hmmm some of the translation was wrong but I guess it's hard to tell without the context. Here's some more clarification on what happened:

Oni wanted to play Akutsu but Akutsu isn't there (he's by Ryoma), so Kintaro took the opportunity to challenge Oni.

Kintaro won the first 3 games. Oni said that Kintaro has been saving his true power for the rematch (presumably refers to his close game earlier with the second stringers). Oni went to 5-ball level and gradually increased his power. 8-ball was previously Kintaro's limit. Oni went to 10-ball power to finish Kintaro off (with the obligatory spectator telling Kintaro to run away), but Kintaro's innate power awakens and he returned the 10 ball. The ball also burned a hole in Oni's racket.

Oni said Kintaro's training is complete.

I'm thinking Oni is probably over 17 or is about to be which is why he needs someone to replace him eventually.
    Last edited by Phantron; December 01, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.
    I don't even know what to say.
    @Fayte and @Brandnewkid, don't get carried away. My reasoning behind the others not getting 10 was legit.
    Considering players have improved at the same rate before yet get left behind, it wasn't a given they would all continue to improve at the same rate.

I just can't wait to understand why the net burned.
    And again, Yukimura is ill and sick. Stop comparing a sickly dude in the series right now. Wait til he is healed.

Kudos to those who assumed they would have 10 at once.
    I hate Kintaro matches so much. Hope Oni shits on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, Kintarou scored easily against Oni, and he probably changed his playstyle, him doing a drop shot?

Anyways, @Airgrimes, this is MS win, Kintarou lost in the past and even if he defeated Hakamada, he'll defeat Oni because I never felt Akutsu was Oni's rival, but Kintarou was, so now is the time to make him win

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After Kintaro did the drop shot Oni said Kintaro improved tremendously in every aspect (power/tech/speed/etc) since their last match and this must be the result of the mountain training Tokugawa talked about. Oni also said Kintaro was holding back until this rematch (presumably talking about the game against Hakamada).

I'm thinking there's a rather significant difference between 'using X balls and hit all X ball' and 'use 1 ball and hit it as if it's X balls'. It says 8 ball was Kintaro's previous limit and even that seems like it'll easily crush anyone from G7 and below. Now why do Tokugawa practice using 10 real balls instead of just 1? Probably because it's pretty dangerous to be using 1 ball and hit it like 10, as demonstrated by this game.

I don't really think this win is in the bag yet for MSers because Oni doesn't even look very surprised. Unless he's going to forfeit after saying 'your training is complete' it looks like he's still got plenty left in the tank.
    Last edited by Phantron; December 01, 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    After Kintaro did the drop shot Oni said Kintaro improved tremendously in every aspect (power/tech/speed/etc) since their last match and this must be the result of the mountain training Tokugawa talked about. Oni also said Kintaro was holding back until this rematch (presumably talking about the game against Hakamada).

I'm thinking there's a rather significant difference between 'using X balls and hit all X ball' and 'use 1 ball and hit it as if it's X balls'. It says 8 ball was Kintaro's previous limit and even that seems like it'll easily crush anyone from G7 and below. Now why do Tokugawa practice using 10 real balls instead of just 1? Probably because it's pretty dangerous to be using 1 ball and hit it like 10, as demonstrated by this game.

I don't really think this win is in the bag yet for MSers because Oni doesn't even look very surprised. Unless he's going to forfeit after saying 'your training is complete' it looks like he's still got plenty left in the tank.
    He probably has a new technique left, but I don't see Kintarou losing again, after improving tremendously, this shows he would crush anybody from G20 all the way from No.6 (I'm talking about ex-first stringers). Of course Oni is going to give him a hard time, but it seems the match is going to be with 10 balls from now on.

The net is burned, but that was because of Kintarou's monstruous shot right? Oni didn't stand a chance when the ball touched his racket. After this, Kintarou needs to be lifted up in the tier, he is above Atobe, Shiraishi, Fuji, Tachibana, probably almost in the same level as Sanada and Echizen. Even stronger than Yukimura right now, and I never expected this that soon.

The match just started and serious Kintarou displays all of his improvement, now Oni will start to take things seriously, but I expect Kintarou to evolve even more and win.

Oni doesn't look very surprised, but that last shot from Kintarou surprised almost everybody. Even the coaches.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 01, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    He probably has a new technique left, but I don't see Kintarou losing again, after improving tremendously, this shows he would crush anybody from G20 all the way from No.6 (I'm talking about ex-first stringers). Of course Oni is going to give him a hard time, but it seems the match is going to be with 10 balls from now on.

The net is burned, but that was because of Kintarou's monstruous shot right? Oni didn't stand a chance when the ball touched his racket
    Well Oni did say 'your training is complete'. Either it can be like 'your training is complete and you have surpassed the master' and then he forfeits (though in that case this could've happened this month), or it could be like 'your training is complete, welcome to the 10 baller club' (and don't mind the other mere mortals that somehow snuck in the G10).' I'm guessing you'll get something like 'X ball cancels out each other's power' so that way you wouldn't have to constantly get new nets that are burning up or pour cement to replace the craters people made and then they'll play a 'normal' game that doesn't involve things burning and so on.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Here's the reactions from non cannon fodder guys at various stage of this match

5 ball
    Duke: It's impressive a MSer mastered the 5 ball

7 Ball
    G6: Oni is too impatient.
    Byodouin: Oni, do you want to destroy the person you trained?

8 Ball
    Unknown: Kintaro is his limit!
    U17 coaches: He's (Oni) still continuing!

Look at the coaches, Byodouin, and Oni's reaction. It's at best approval. They're certainly not amazed or anything like that. Yes all the random no name guys are surprised but I'm sure even hitting 5 ball would amaze these guys.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The coaches were amazed when Kintarou returned the 10 balls and burned the net. Yes probably the G5 aren't amazed when hitting 10 balls, because all of them can do it.

I don't know what will happen now, I doubt Oni's going to forfeit, if Kintarou wins the No.5 badge it'd be better that he defeats him iin a full match instead of going ahead and forfeit.

There's any chance that Oni shows that he can hit more than 10 balls now?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ball cloning to pyro balls...
    I don't think anyone saw that coming.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What. That pretty much sums up my initial reaction to this chapter.

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed when I first read that this was the real thing and saw the images. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it now. Also, screw Konomi for never following his patterns.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only that, Kaoz, but what does Akutsu have to offer at this stage? In the end, the thing that he said at the start of the manga, about Akutsu's only here to get revenge on Echizen ended up being the truth. Would anyone accept Akutsu beating Echizen off screen? Of course not. So, Echizen beats Akutsu either on screen or off screen and he still doesn't have a place in the top 10, unless Echizen gets No. 6 out of this or something.

Spoiler show

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Not only that, Kaoz, but what does Akutsu have to offer at this stage? In the end, the thing that he said at the start of the manga, about Akutsu's only here to get revenge on Echizen ended up being the truth. Would anyone accept Akutsu beating Echizen off screen? Of course not. So, Echizen beats Akutsu either on screen or off screen and he still doesn't have a place in the top 10, unless Echizen gets No. 6 out of this or something.
    Konomi's just messing things. No doubt he'll play as Sanada said "don't go all out before the match", but if he, has to play Akutsu, that is totally USELESS and unneccesary.

Also, I won't tolerate Echizen doesn't play any top 10 and Kintarou plays two times and wins again against Oni and ends up in the top 5 and Echizen not. That would really piss me off.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 01, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how you guys can say Oni doesn't look surprised when Kintarou returns the 10th ball. He really does look surprised.

Can't say what's going to happen next because this series so damn unpredictable at times.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure whether I see Oni losing this. It'd be weird if Irie became a 1st Stringer and Oni lost his spot in my opinion. Also Akutsu vs Echizen might be used to give Akutsu 10 at once which would let him offscreen Ohmagari or something.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast