Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1948

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. August 4th)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Too bad this isn't a reason to disprove my point.
    Can you read? My point intentionally agrees with yours.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, Yukimura should leave the camp, he's just insanely good for an Ms. BUT, I wouldn't say that "We won't see neither him nor Tezuka ever again", he'll be back somehow (unless Konomi kills him, that would be fucking epic, but that isn't really a PoT thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

And you said we may not ever see Tezuka play a match again. That's strongly unlikely, which was my point. Same with Yuki, my question was do you genuienely believe Yuki and Tezuka would just vanish from the story in such ways?
    It's more likely they would return to the series or something.
    In the anime fillers, Tezuka was a coach on the Japan team instead of a player lol. I think something like that isn't far from canon (for Yukimura). I mean...Ryoga is a friggin real character now and he was from a movie so far from canon it isn't even funny.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sad to have Yukimira Put in A Bus, but we have a hell of characteres hanging around and it's impossible to develop all of them. And for me Yuki isn't exactly one of my favourites because we have only seen one ability of him, Yips. It's not like a match of, for example, Niou, where everything can happen.
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    It's sad to have Yukimira Put in A Bus, but we have a hell of characteres hanging around and it's impossible to develop all of them. And for me Yuki isn't exactly one of my favourites because we have only seen one ability of him, Yips. It's not like a match of, for example, Niou, where everything can happen.
    I agree.
    But will Konomi even give other characters screentime despite dropping now Tezuka and Yuki?
    He has had Atobe and Niou play quite frequently.

He did that revolution thing, but in terms of development, I don't see Konomi doing much.
    Its true we have a lot of characters but Konomi is almost certainly going to be neglecting the vast majority of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its true we have a lot of characters but Konomi is almost certainly going to be neglecting the vast majority of them.
    And he has been for the last 50 chapters lol. He might as well change the series title to "Atobe and friends, feat. Niou" because that's all we're getting. Remember that time we saw Echizen (the main character) play an official match in Shin PoT?....yeah me neither. Why have Echizen when you can have Niou just BE Echizen? Hell, Niou should be the only person in this camp and just play matches as every character in the series against himself. Y'know what, screw it. Change the series title to just "Niou." That's it.
    Last edited by Fayte; November 03, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

And he has been for the last 50 chapters lol. He might as well change the series title to "Atobe and friends, feat. Niou" because that's all we're getting. Remember that time we saw Echizen (the main character) play an official match in Shin PoT?....yeah me neither. Why have Echizen when you can have Niou just BE Echizen? Hell, Niou should be the only person in this camp and just play matches as every character in the series against himself. Y'know what, screw it. Change the series title to just "Niou." That's it.
    Swindler of Tennis or King of Tennis haha.

Konomi started off great with the Team Shuffle(3rd VS 5th) idea and Player shuffle(Momo VS Oni) idea.
    I'm gonna have faith in him that he will bring them back. Since G10 VS Msers has been excellent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Niou Kingdom would work well as a title.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick note:

Got my Jump SQ today. I may not be scanning raws anymore, but I'm gonna be translating again since I didn't like the last few translations that were put out since they had incorrect names due to the Chinese translations.

Already threw the translation into the dropbox for kaoz to proof (Cause I'm a fat lazy slob who hates proofing my own stuff).

Just some stuff form the japanese now that I can read,

It does seem Ryoma is gonna go at least Rally with Ryoga. Sanada told him not to over do it since he still has a real match to play. It's possible this means Ryoma may not face Ryoga in the suffles now?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Quick note:

Got my Jump SQ today. I may not be scanning raws anymore, but I'm gonna be translating again since I didn't like the last few translations that were put out since they had incorrect names due to the Chinese translations.

Already threw the translation into the dropbox for kaoz to proof (Cause I'm a fat lazy slob who hates proofing my own stuff).

Just some stuff form the japanese now that I can read,

It does seem Ryoma is gonna go at least Rally with Ryoga. Sanada told him not to over do it since he still has a real match to play. It's possible this means Ryoma may not face Ryoga in the suffles now?
    The group that translated those raws are from jojohot.com and those guys take way too much liberty into changing stuff. Looking at the original it seems like Wonder Castle was always Wonder Castle (i.e. not something with a different reading versus writing) and in that case there wouldn't be any ambiguity so it was simply changed to Perfect Fortress for the sake of changing it. Those guys do get their sources earlier than other people so you got to put up with them. It's probably a good thing nobody here (besides me) can read all the ads from that site that tells you you need to donate to starving kids in Africa to atone for your sins of piracy (seriously).

The other major group doing the NPOT is 天下第一肉丸子制作组 and their translation looks pretty good. At least you won't see anything that simply has nothing to do with the original.

For Ryoma, I guess he's going to have a tag team match against Byodouin.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

I checked the version from a different group, the version from jojohot doesn't even mention the part where Tohno says the execution is not over until the beheading (because seppuku is always followed by a beheading). While it's impossible to tell which is right without seeing the original this actually makes a lot of sense that there should be an implied beheading step after seppuku. I'd assume it's actually pretty hard to mistranslate this if you're constantly doing manga translations (the beheading after seppuku word is very specific and shows up in basically everything that has to do with samurais or even Japanese in general).

I guess that's the price you pay for quick translations. I don't think it's even wrong, it feels like these guys are simply adding/leaving stuff out because they feel like it, since POT isn't exactly something that'd test the vocabulary of the translator.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the summary without the pictures this morning but as you can see in the spoiler this time it's really out there so people didn't believe it. To be fair I was skeptical too.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

you are not alone. I also didn't believe it.
    I mean, i wasn't expecting Kin-chan to play so soon. Not before Sanada, Fuji, Ryoma, etc...

Kin-chan seems so serious in the images.
    No idea who put the net on fire. My bet right now is that Kin-chan did it.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW.. This is awesome. I hope Kintarou wins. I'm cheering for MS all the way in this battle.

With 1, 2, 4, 6 match left now, I guess no Fuji for G10 matches after all. I feel trolled. But I guess Konomi never promise a Fuji match.. yet.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With Oni playing singles against kintaro, that means if there is a doubles match, it wont be the #5 and #6, it will be the 6 and someonelse. The #6 and #4 maybe?? Akustu and Ryoma to match up in doubles against that?? Either that or the rest are singles matches.

New Reply
Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast