Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1899

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. July 4th)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. March 4th)

At the end of the Yukimuar vs Ryoma game they say Yukimura is starting to catch up. If Ryoma just scored 23 points in a row prior to using Samurai Drive that can hardly be considered as any form of 'catching up'. This isn't a case where there's some special moves involved, like we can assume you'll never score on Tezuka Phantom unless you can break it, and actually even in this case there seems to be evidence that Tezuka Phantom can be broken when off the screen (otherwise the tiebreaker should not have gone to double digits because the only thing Phantom wno't work on is Mach Serve). If Fuji lost 23 points in a row against Shiraishi that'd mean comparatively he's more inferior to Shiraishi as say, Jirou is to him (Jirou even got a game off him) until his full potential awakened. Ryoma lost a point to the 11 court guy with the Magnum Serve (or something) because he can't return the serve the first time he see it. Giving up 0 games is common in POT. Giving up 0 points is a relatively rare occurence, and in Yukimura's case the spectators sure didn't talk about the game as an utter beatdown (which is the case when Yukimura was winning) so I have no problem with Yukimura getting a point or two sometimes.

If you look at the reaction of the crowd in the final sequence, it'd make a lot more sense if the score was 40-30 than 40-0. Sanada and Yuikimura had the typical 'if we survive this point we can do it' which would make very little sense against triple match point, though to be fair Sanada declared his victory while he was a match point behind against Ryoma (he pretty much told Ryoma farewell before Ryoma did Cool Drive to win the game), so they do have questionable standards of what a 'close game' means.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    At the end of the Yukimuar vs Ryoma game they say Yukimura is starting to catch up. If Ryoma just scored 23 points in a row prior to using Samurai Drive that can hardly be considered as any form of 'catching up'. This isn't a case where there's some special moves involved, like we can assume you'll never score on Tezuka Phantom unless you can break it, and actually even in this case there seems to be evidence that Tezuka Phantom can be broken when off the screen (otherwise the tiebreaker should not have gone to double digits because the only thing Phantom wno't work on is Mach Serve). If Fuji lost 23 points in a row against Shiraishi that'd mean comparatively he's more inferior to Shiraishi as say, Jirou is to him (Jirou even got a game off him) until his full potential awakened. Ryoma lost a point to the 11 court guy with the Magnum Serve (or something) because he can't return the serve the first time he see it. Giving up 0 games is common in POT. Giving up 0 points is a relatively rare occurence, and in Yukimura's case the spectators sure didn't talk about the game as an utter beatdown (which is the case when Yukimura was winning) so I have no problem with Yukimura getting a point or two sometimes.

If you look at the reaction of the crowd in the final sequence, it'd make a lot more sense if the score was 40-30 than 40-0. Sanada and Yuikimura had the typical 'if we survive this point we can do it' which would make very little sense against triple match point, though to be fair Sanada declared his victory while he was a match point behind against Ryoma (he pretty much told Ryoma farewell before Ryoma did Cool Drive to win the game), so they do have questionable standards of what a 'close game' means.
    That's assuming that he did get a point off scene. I assume he didn't. And from what we've seen on screen, he didn't. Full Speed PoP also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other tech in the game. The judge doesn't need the camera even on a shot like Rai. This is of course not including things we saw in SPoT.

Winning a point against PoP would be worth a shot in the screen. That's my opinion on the matter. I don't see any proof that Yukimura managed to win a point against Echizen back then. Sanada shout that line because he believe Yukimura can come back from the match point. That's all there is to it. Other people view on the something are not the most reliable way on it. Just because Sanada "think" Yukimura can hold a candle doesn't mean a thing. What else is he supposed to do? It's a promise he made with Yukimura. And he's outside the match, so there's nothing he can do. So he shout and cheers Yukimura on because they are best pal.

So in summary, the same way you're assuming he shout it because he thought Yukimura can win some points against PoP Echizen doesn't mean it's true. Ryuuzaki thought Fuji surpass Tezuka at one point. We knows how that turn out. My assumption is that it's just that Sanada see false light at that moments. He saw Yukimura getting completely shat on in the beginning. And then later on, he saw that Yukimura can engage in a rally now, so he see "false hope" and think that Yukimura stand a chance. Doesn't mean that it's true.

If only Sanada was in the court and pull out Black Aura at that moment in PoT and give us a badass match like Kantou final. Dang Yukimura.

For Fuji vs Shiraishi, that's supposed to be the point. I think Konomi wants to shows there are big difference between high tier and mid tier characters. The gap is simply that huge.

As for Ryoma losing a point to court 11, that's a new move. It takes him by surprised. Of even knowing Ryoma's personality, by the look of his face, he's just completely toying with his opponent. What does Yukimura had that he doesn't show at the point PoP is on? Nothing. Dream Yips? Wow, that's a different point in time.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 05, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

Yukimura was starting to catch to ryoma in their match, because at first he couldn't even see the ball, and by the end of the match the rally was pretty equal until the samurai drive at the end of the match.

Just like how shiraishi was helpless against the 5th counter, but slowly made progress until he could return it, thats what yukimura did, but he didn't manage to beat it before he lost

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Don't have much time but here's the RAW:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2243536116

Only one chapter this month.

6. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there you go. really glad Oni won the match, for two reasons. He is my favorite player and well just for the sake of this manga. I mean the strongest (or one of) player in the camp got humiliated by middleschooler....

And TnK is no longer sacred at all. well it's predictable back from the Tezuka's last game. seems like every player would be able to use it eventually. It's so inconsistent because just few months ago (manga time) only samurai Nanjiro could use this tech. but well we can accept nothing much from this sequel. I am still following this just for the sake of PoT1 if you know what I mean
    Last edited by senewe; March 31, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

No comment about this chapter, just ridiculous. Kintarou got owned by TnK Oni and I'm still in shock. Giving Kintarou that monstruous upgrade for nothing, well done Konomi
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 31, 2013 at 07:29 AM.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    No comment about this chapter, just ridiculous. Kintarou got owned by TnK Oni and I'm still in shock. Giving Kintarou that monstruous upgrade for nothing, well done Konomi
    It would be a shock for me if Kintaro actually came out a winner. I worried for the -middleschooler always prevail- kinda pattern by Konomi (excluding Duke, and that's mostly because of Gin will never become major character). I'd have to say what a good move by Konomi letting Oni gets the match, otherwise this series will be coming more and more predictable. when the major MSer enter the court they would get the automatic win.

And at least TnKed Kintaro scavenged a point againts full throttle Oni.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I had thought that there was a good chance Oni could win, but I never would've imagined that he would have TnK.

He even won a point against Kintarou's TnK without using TnK himself. I do wonder if TnK is just going to become the new synchro (as in the player with higher stats wins).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Spoiler show

Thanks for that panel Konomi.

And Fuji is the next volume cover!
    I think one of Konomi's assistants went to Konomi and said... "Hey man... Have a look in your can fodder... Bring out whatever you find".
    Considering everybody who's been on a volume cover so far has had screentime... Maybe... Fuji is going play?

really want to see some new ridiculous counters man.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Kintarou did win points against Oni when they were both using TnK as it was 30-15 when Oni activated TnK. You could argue that they were sort of about even as they both won points and ultimately one game a piece.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, Kintarou did win points against Oni when they were both using TnK as it was 30-15 when Oni activated TnK. You could argue that they were sort of about even as they both won points and ultimately one game a piece.
    LOL no.
    The score count was 6-3 6-1 to Oni.
    They aren't even.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    LOL no.
    The score count was 6-3 6-1 to Oni.
    They aren't even.
    Oni was ahead 5-0, they both won one game after entering TnK.

Also, good to see Hakamada.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Oni was ahead 5-0, they both won one game after entering TnK.
    On second thoughts I take that back FrostyMouse

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

so basically, TNK > Kishin mode what a let down for the new hyped aura coming from the no.1 japan player.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillaicecream View Post
    so basically, TNK > Kishin mode what a let down for the new hyped aura coming from the no.1 japan player.
    How? Oni won the only TnK vs Kishin (if it is something) point, then he started to have fun and activated TnK... I think that TnK auto triggers and can't be avoided (unless you play and say "F This, I don't wanna have fun").

Also, FU Konomi, you have 3 matches at the same time and you only give us 1 damn chapter focused in 1 match.
    Last edited by Kaoz; April 01, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Thread Closed
Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast