Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan League Character Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan League Character Discussion Thread

Just to keep things easier, here is a new thread for any character discussions regarding the league.

1. Niou:

V1:
    Niou (7, 7, 7, 8, 29) 35
    All-rounder

-Guess Who? [Effect]:
    When playing Doubles, Niou can copy the Effects and Auras of his partner.

-Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats at minus -1 to each of those stat and one of that player’s Effects such that their bases stats do not exceed +7 of his own. If that Effect would add points to any of Niou’s stats, the points are not added instead.

V2:
    Niou (7, 7, 7, 8, 29) 35
    All-rounder

-Guess Who? [Effect]:
    When playing Doubles, Niou can copy the Effects and Auras of his partner.

-Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats at minus -1 to each of those stat. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player. If points were added through an Effect or Aura, minus 2 of that points are added instead.

Discuss, please.

--------

So, for the sake of simplicity, I decided to display all the changes that were either suggested or accepted but not yet done here:

Spoiler: suggested changes show

Spoiler: Accepted show

Season 2 Discussion

Please be aware that most of these changes are meant to be implemented in season 2. With this being said, according to the characters' new abilities, their base stats and/or value might change.
    Last edited by Kaoz; April 05, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fan League Character Discussion Thread

V2 is joke
    Come one, is the most broken thing I've ever seen in my life. He's almost as best as Ryoga and Kazuya, better than Irie and Oni...but costing half of the points

V1 is a true monster, and a bit broken, but it's Niou and everybody loves him
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to press the matter but I'd like to set on a version one hour before we start picking. Is this alright?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    V2 is joke
    Come one, is the most broken thing I've ever seen in my life. He's almost as best as Ryoga and Kazuya, better than Irie and Oni...but costing half of the points

V1 is a true monster, and a bit broken, but it's Niou and everybody loves him
    V2 he can only copy up to Tachibana 25+7 = 32? Sorry we should have said the sum of his base stats cannot exceed 7 instead of just +7.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

How about....this v3?

Quote Quote:
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats at minus -1 to each of those stat. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player.If that Effect would add points to any of Niou’s stats, the points are not added instead.
    Can still copy auras, but can't get points from it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    How about....this v3?

Can still copy auras, but can't get points from it.
    We could do that. Plus we do need to make a decision here soon so...I'm up for anything now. Granted version one was way weaker...he could only get essentially a +3 to all his stats using his feat and then with an effect just a wee-bit more.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe v4:

-Illusion [Effect]:
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats at minus -1 to each of those stat. He cannot copy anyone stronger than Tezuka. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player.If that Effect would add points to any of Niou’s stats, Niou only receives 75% of the increase.

I think that V4 is the most accurate, manga wise, and not too broken. But it's your game, you guys decide.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

V3 would probably be the one that follows the manga the most so far.

Let's hear what everyone else has to say though. We still have about 18 hours to decide.

Are there any objections with Tezuka's new version of PoHW (or any other abilities)?

Actually, we have no idea whether he could copy Sanada or Echizen but maybe we could agree on 50% of the points are added?
    Last edited by Kaoz; December 29, 2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he could copy Sanada or Yukimura, since he mentioned in the OVA that "he wouldn't lose to either Sanada or Yukimura as long as he has his illusions" but...eh.

I think that Tezuka is a good place to draw the line, since that's the most advanced player we saw him copy. Also, I can agree on 50%.

It's your call.

Also, I think that Niou shouldn't get -1 in his stats when copying players weaker than him, right?

Like, say whoever had Niou got drunk and decided to make him copy Shinji. Would he be weaker than the real Shinji? That makes no sense lol.

Also, Tezuka's ability is perfect, in my opinion. No need to nerf or make it more overpowered.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; December 29, 2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, that's right...

Maybe this:

V5
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats. If that player's base total exceeds Niou's by more than 20 points, all stats are acopied at minus -2. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player. If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only have the points are added/substracted.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Hmm, that's right...

Maybe this:

V5
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats. If that player's base total exceeds Niou's by more than 20 points, all stats are acopied at minus -2. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player. If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, only have the points are added/substracted.
    Other than 20 being a bit high. I think it should be a number just in case we ACTUALLY GET A MATCH IN SHIN...but you know, at this rate it may never happen. Sorry I had to.

Do you mean 10 instead of 20? Other wise at 20 he can copy Irie and Oni...I don't think he can...

Also, Tezuka looks good!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No, he couldn't. Oni has abase total of 50 and Niou's is 29.
    29+20=49 =>no copy

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

V5 looks good, but you have to word it a little better. You made it look like he can copy Tezuka and co perfectly. Which I'd love to, but I have to be fair >.>

Did you mean something like:

Quote Quote:
    -Illusion [Effect]:
    When playing Singles, Niou can choose one player and copy that player’s stats. If that player's base total exceeds Niou's by up to 10 points, all stats are copied at minus 1. If that player's base total exceeds Niou's by up to 20 points, all stats are copied at minus 2. Also Niou can copy one Effect OR Aura from the chosen player. If that Effect would increase/decrease the stats of any player, Niou only gets 60% of its original effect
    That way, he can copy up to Atobe with -1 in all his stats, Tezuka up to Echizen with -2 in all his stats, and can copy techniques but in a not-so-broken kind of manner. I put 60% so that it's more effective than Muga no Kyochi, but not by much.

...Not sure if I ended up making him more broken trying to fix him though, so feel free to ignore me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, it looks pretty good, imo. Let's see what everyone else has to say on the matter.

Also, if someone finds any more abilities that he thinks should be changed, please note that no changes will be made in the time of picking.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Nah, it looks pretty good, imo. Let's see what everyone else has to say on the matter.

Also, if someone finds any more abilities that he thinks should be changed, please note that no changes will be made in the time of picking.
    I think he looks good and my ability to do math falters more and more as we go about the day. Second day back into work after the holiday's has been a bit brutal.

New Reply
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast