Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread

No it wasn't.

If it was not only would it show up, but I actually remember him posting that number since the post before it was my own.

So yes..Sherlock won the internet.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since this chapter was about Atobe I think it's appropriate for me to quote him and say "Be awed by my prowess!"

Seriously though, I'm still surprised I got that one right. I laughed for like 5 minutes after I found out I was right. How the hell did I get the exact score right?
    If I keep getting insane predictions right, then Yagyuu will turn out to be Niou in disguise and Ryoga will be the captain of the American team. Or if not the captain, at least a member of the American team.

By the way, I think Kaidoh was laughing because he went on his devil mode. Just a guess.

Kaidoh losing like that also foreshadows the return of the losers, by the way. I mean he wouldn't lose like that if Konomi expected to cut him from the series. I wonder what kind of excuse he is going to pull off to make the losers come back though.

ORE SAMA NO BIGI NI YOI NA!!
    Last edited by Atobe the king; August 02, 2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Because Sherlock Won the Internet

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahah, just want to correct people on Atobe's line since it rarely gets translated correctly (FET is the only one that did it correctly so far imo)

「俺様の美技に酔いな」 (Ore-sama no Bigi ni Yoi na)

俺様 (Ore-sama)
    Ore-sama is pretty much just the most pompous way in Japanese to refer to yourself.

美技 (Bigi)
    Literally it means Beautiful technique

酔い
    Yoi here means intoxicated or drunk.

So the proper line is something along the lines of: Be intoxicated by the beauty of MY (capitalized for emphasis and ego) technique!

Hahah, anyhow that was just a small aside I wanted to clear up since the fansubs for the anime really messed up on how that line in tled and it bugged me since his line really is a lot more arrogant than how they did it.

Anyhow, back on topic.

The 3 new pics confirm the spoiler more.

I can't wait to see the whole chapter and get clarified on just what happens in the Tezuka/Kaidou match. I guess Shiraishi vs Kenya is on hold for next month. I figure they may get both chapters about them since Kenya never got any real development back in the first series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see...well i had heard a translation where Atobe says "get drunk off my skills" i guess that was a fairly accurate translation?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    "get drunk off my skills"
    If I saw Atobe say that, I would stop watching the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it was this chibi episode where he kept saying get "drunk off my *insert random ability here*"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    ORE SAMA NO BIGI NI YOI NA!!
    *bows*

I am still sticking to the whole "you're all coming back, this was just a mental test" plox.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravsieg View Post
    *bows*

I am still sticking to the whole "you're all coming back, this was just a mental test" plox.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.

Either that or "This was a test to see who could handle the pressure", which would let them get rid of guys like Kadowaki and Mukahi, but keep around the characters who are actually decent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it were realistic like a real tennis coach, they would never call the cuts without seeing the players in doubles. Unless their names are either Richard or Kadowaki, then it wouldn't matter if you played doubles or not.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I always feel tempted to translate Atobe's line as "Behold, and be amazed by my magnificent skill" because I have a friend who says that. A lot.

Haha. I just imagined Atobe hitting on a girl and saying "get drunk off my beautiful skill."

I need some brain bleach. Quick.

I think Kenya vs Shiraishi should be good. Shiten is probably my favorite school of the manga. Hyotei is a close second. The cancer gives them a handicap.

I just still hate how Konomi messed up his best chance to redeem himself for completely wasting Zaizen as a character in the original manga.

Quote Quote:
    If it were realistic like a real tennis coach, they would never call the cuts without seeing the players in doubles. Unless their names are either Richard or Kadowaki, then it wouldn't matter if you played doubles or not.
    In my mind, the only reason Richard and Kadowaki got called to the camp was because the coach is a magnifcent bastard who hated them and felt like watching them get killed by Krauser and Tachibana. It's the only explanation as for why those two got called to the camp at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Richard managed to win 4 games against Sengoku, so he can't be all that bad (even if Sengoku does tend to just get used as a measuring stick for other players). He doesn't compare to the top players, but does anyone think that Mukahi or Oishi would win 4 games against Sengoku?

Kadowaki, though, I have no idea.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gakuto and Oishi would get destroyed by Sengoku imho.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised all the spoiler pictures so far were of the Atobe v Hiyoshi match. I thought we would get some pictures of devil Kaidoh...I was also surprised that we only got to see two matches this time.

Using logic though, that means that Shiraishi vs Kenya will be a big match next chapter. If it was just BAM, Shiraishi wins then we would see it this chapter. If we do see Shiraishi match this chapter(which I doubt) then it probably was 7-0 Shiraishi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone cares, the new raw chapter of that side story is out. I saw Rikkai and now I want to know what it says.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=620967782

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member alexlw92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing that throws me off about this being "just a test" is that the coach was already kicked out everyone who didnt get a ball, and was serious about that, so why wouldnt he be serious about this

also, oishi gave his racket to eiji in a scene that was supposed to be emotional.

however, momoshiro getting that gatekeeper guy for a match and then he has to play ryoma later makes me think that theyre all coming back.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast