Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Here's another page:

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there any RAWS out?

I have 3 theories:

1)Niou can't play and just serves and they lose the second set and wait until Niou is fine again and make a comeback on the third set.
    2)They win the match in the second set due to Atobe gaining an amazing power-up
    3) A sub gets in and plays for Niou, and they win. Maybe Fuji or Shiraishi?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 02, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We got some RAWs:
    Chapter 75
    Chapter 76
    Chapter 77

Thanks to Featherwolf and Starlias for finding the links.

4. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If Atobe needs a sub, i think than he chooses a guy with great Stamina, maybe Sanada, Kaidoh. Or the young Rikkaidai player (Kiriihara) wants to play vs Mouri, and replaces Nioh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TezukaKunimitsu View Post
    If Atobe needs a sub, i think than he chooses a guy with great Stamina, maybe Sanada, Kaidoh. Or the young Rikkaidai player (Kiriihara) wants to play vs Mouri, and replaces Nioh
    None of those people will be able to leave the camp for story's sake, that's why they can't be chosen. Kabaji can be written off at this point, so it makes sense for it to be him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so the 24 time limit is over after the posting of raws to begin discussion. so lets discuss.

Seems like atobe can't break out of the ochi's death glare. and so to save the tie breaker, niou uses phantom to save the day. but then the consequence is
    his arm is heavily injured. and finally atobe steps it up. i think atobe overcomes ochi's death glare due to his witnessing niou's determination.(i could be wrong, since I cant read chinese raws) its definitely eye technique, because they keep showing ochi's eye. but i wonder why it wont work on niou? again this pressure is similar to having the jrhighs proving themselves to the top 10 u-17, So they can't lose the first match, although niou is already in first string.

atobe and niou are still heavily sweating battling for the 1st set of 3, while the high schoolers arent. I aslo thought that some character storyline would be added for all the current players in the match. maybe konomi will add it later.

@tezuka about subs. this may make sense, since there are so many jrs, 3 set matches, and few u-17 top 10, but I have to wait for the official translations before I can really discuss.
    Last edited by ashore; April 04, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

RAW's look fantastic. Konomi has brought the same magic that made me love Part I. Really feels like the original match style is back.
    I cant even tell who will win this encounter just yet.
    Just realized Niou is way up there now as amongst the best MSers.

I think Niou is absolutely amazing now. Although it shouldnt be the end of the world though. Niou is ambidextrous like Yagyuu after all.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

LOL just notice Kadowaki's still alive. If Ibu can PWN him why is he even in the camp haha.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Niou was really strong since Part 1...he just had to face fan favorite fuji who had just had a loss, and seigaku was already down 0-2 the outcome was pretty much set but i thought if he honed such a dangerous ability he'd be dangerous.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Niou was devious, because he tricked seigaku in the kantou finals vs golden pair. To me at least, he seemed like the villian that seigaku had to overcome.there' something about copy cat people, who use that play style is uninteresting, not unique, and pathetic. I mean echizen used it when he was in a pinch, when his current physical abilities couldnt help him. but niou's style, although smart creates a negative image for him in my opinion. known as the trickster, i guess he can be known as copy illusion now. The fact niou is sacrificing his arm for this match, since he doesn't technically need to win is amazing(he's already 1st string). he's giving 110% effort/heart and doing bodily harm just to win representing the jrs. kudos! his image to me has changed.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    I thought Niou was devious, because he tricked seigaku in the kantou finals vs golden pair. To me at least, he seemed like the villian that seigaku had to overcome.there' something about copy cat people, who use that play style is uninteresting, not unique, and pathetic. I mean echizen used it when he was in a pinch, when his current physical abilities couldnt help him. but niou's style, although smart creates a negative image for him in my opinion. known as the trickster, i guess he can be known as copy illusion now. The fact niou is sacrificing his arm for this match, since he doesn't technically need to win is amazing(he's already 1st string). he's giving 110% effort/heart and doing bodily harm just to win representing the jrs. kudos! his image to me has changed.
    Niou must have always been hardworking. Being in a team with Yukimura and Sanada, 2 slave drivers, I think everybody in Rikkai works hard. Which is why its a big thing that Mouri skipped practice at Rikkai of all schools.
    Against Golden Pair, Yagyuu and Niou didnt even go all out from the start lol. I miss that pair. Yagyuu/Niou is a pair I'd like to see just once in Part II.

If they played now, Niou would disturb their Synchro and Yagyuu would Curving Laser the Golden Pair. Yagyuu/Niou ftw haha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like Niou, I am disappointed in his playstyle. All he does in transform into a gimp version of someone else. When I see Niou play a match, I don't want to see Tezuka; I don't want to see Shiraishi, I want to see Niou. Why couldn't Konomi just make him a trickster, and have his own playstyle? Man, that Irie must have been a hard character to make. Took Konomi a whole series of effed up efforts to make Niou that he gave up and just made Irie. In my opinion, Irie is what Niou SHOULD have been.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    As much as I like Niou, I am disappointed in his playstyle. All he does in transform into a gimp version of someone else. When I see Niou play a match, I don't want to see Tezuka; I don't want to see Shiraishi, I want to see Niou. Why couldn't Konomi just make him a trickster, and have his own playstyle? Man, that Irie must have been a hard character to make. Took Konomi a whole series of effed up efforts to make Niou that he gave up and just made Irie. In my opinion, Irie is what Niou SHOULD have been.
    But he couldnt have suddenly made Niou as strong as Irie is w/out an explanation. I think it isnt so bad. its cool that Irie is where he is now since he is much older than the MSers.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Throughout the series, if Niou is to develop more, the ultimate point is his own playstyle, not copying other players' moves, so we may yet see the real Niou.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Throughout the series, if Niou is to develop more, the ultimate point is his own playstyle, not copying other players' moves, so we may yet see the real Niou.
    Depends on his popularity I imagine.
    Weve seen him so much surely Konomi will put him to the side for just a second and show some other popular characters?

I miss Fuji and Shiraishi. And I miss the old PoT style where we new we would definetely see nearly EVERY player play just once eventually in the series.
    So the Niou we have I can settle for. I also dont want him to become as strong as Sanada, Yukimura and Tezuka lol.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. June 4th)

3 Chapters. Don't have much in terms of summary, but Sai will get the chapters on Sunday, so we'll have the complete thing then.

-Kabaji gets kicked out
    -Niou becomes Ryoma and starts hitting right handed Twist Serves, but eventually reaches his limits
    -the match becomes 2 vs 1
    -Ochi/Mouri win the second set 6-0 and get a 1-0 lead in the second set
    -Atobe starts a comeback, it apparently involves Niou only watching the match from the sidelines (as he can't play anymore), Atobe/Niou going Synchro and Niou relaying his sight to Atobe who then processes it via Insight which makes AK easier to use; the spoiler isn't entirely clear here, so clarification on that will come when Sai gets his chapters
    -the last point of the chapter is a cliffhanger with Mouri somehow forcing a return and we get the Sanada vs Tezuka cord ball situation

Also here's a pic:

We had another spoiler that now turns out to be fake, but sounded so much better imo... oh well, at least we have chapters again I guess.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 02, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast