Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1899

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. July 4th)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. February 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Yeah, like saying that the drunken coach is Byoduoin's father... these guys...

Spoiler show
    Maybe you're just retarded, but 100% of the time when I make posts like that, it's obvious they're jokes. But it's okay, keep following along with this non-canon nonsense and then acting surprised when Konomi shatters your dreams.

Anyone with half a freaking brain can tell that Konomi goes out of his way to show that these guys are more than tennis players - they're warriors. Hell, you can even tell that from the names of a good number of them, who are references to war periods during Japan's ancient history.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; February 01, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Maybe you're just retarded, but 100% of the time when I make posts like that, it's obvious they're jokes. But it's okay, keep following along with this non-canon nonsense and then acting surprised when Konomi shatters your dreams.

Anyone with half a freaking brain can tell that Konomi goes out of his way to show that these guys are more than tennis players - they're warriors. Hell, you can even tell that from the names of a good number of them, who are references to war periods during Japan's ancient history.

No reply. Chill out dude, it's a manga, I was joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    LOL The moment I noticed that two guys from a rival school were called Yukimura and Sanada as in Yukimura Sanada I knew things were only going to get crazier than a shot that rolls instead of bouncing and that Twist serve at the start that Spun on the spot and stayed spinning.
    I would give the thousands to anybody who can do that on a serve lol.

Sengoku as in Sengoku Period being another one. I don't think Konomi meant for Sengoku to end up falling down the tiers like he has.

As cliche as it was I liked the way he ended it with Echizen beating both Yukimura and Sanada considering it took the whole of the Echizen clan to defeat the mighty Yukimura Sanada in that time period.

Right now, I simply don't get the tier system.
    We now have zero idea where Irie, Duke, Oni, Byoudouin, Tokugawa, Tanegashima or Ryoga stand.
    I mean... Considering Oni didn't go literal Oni on Momoshiro or Tooyama means that current Momoshiro will still die against him and that even current Tooyama stands no chance.
    If Oni performs that Akuma-looking crap again its over for Tooyama.

Byoudouin has now lost that final boss feeling for me though. Like... That final boss feeling is fully gone.
    Imagine Yukimura VS Tezuka that took place before Middle School, and we were told that Tezuka won, Yuki's final boss feeling would have taken a big fall.
    When Ryoma faced Sanada did we already know Tezuka beat Sanada when they were younger? I don't remember.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Byodouin's first name is 'the Phoenix', it'd actually make a lot of sense for him to get stronger after a defeat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Since Byodouin's first name is 'the Phoenix', it'd actually make a lot of sense for him to get stronger after a defeat.
    Byoudioun is also the name of an ancient Japanese temple.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Translation of the 95 summary:

Spoiler show

8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you're not supposed to hold POT accountable for things plot consistency but this arc makes the whole story rather comical if you work backwards from what we know now.

For all this time we've been told Oni is the gatekeeper of hell, and Irie is always saying, 'Got to beat Oni before you're ready to challenge court 3', implying that you got to have at least a level that can defeat Oni to challenge court 3. Yet since Oni defeated Byodouin in the past, this means regardless of what happens later, Oni at some point was the number 1 player of his age group. Two years ago, both Oni and Byoduoin have an 'unknown' power level on the power chart, which presumably means they're both too powerful to be measured since the power chart even measures stuff like Devil Form Kirihara, and certainly there is no indication anybody that was originally at the U17 camp (not including Oni) could've returned the wall-shattering shot Byodouin did 2 years ago. We don't see the coaches shaking for watching Irie playing a game, or even the lower of the G10 members.

So this means the U17 camp must have realized that they really weren't that great after watching how the MSer play, and they were in danger of being embarrassed by the MSer by the end of volume 1. Perhaps Tokugawa could've done something, but he's too caught up in defeating Byodouin, so they needed to turn to Santa Oni who knows how to scare little kids and keep them inline. Obviously none of the guys in the same year as Oni was allowed to talk about the fact this guy once defeated the current #1 player in Japan 2 years ago. They probably passed the whole 'can't play higher court players' thing immediately after seeing the MSers play, since even without the POT obligatory super powerups it's quite easy to see how some of the top MSers could've won a game against a court 3 guy at least some of the time. The MSers and the readers were misled by Santa Oni into thinking that there are many people as strong or stronger than him, even though Oni potentially could've been the strongest player available at the U17 camp at the time the MSer arrived.

Going back even further, in the finals Sanada was saying how this year's nationals had talent that's seen once in a decade, but clearly nobody ever told him that 4 years ago there were these 2 guys who could be playing tennis in another dimension, and some of the spectators barely escaped with their lives from Byodouin's wall-shattering shot at the U17 camp (shouldn't Rikkidai have someone who made it to U17 camp and come back and tell about it?). Without the events in NPOT, it seems completely impossible anybody from the MS would be at the same level as Byodouin or Oni was during their first year in high school, so the random commentors should be talking about how middle school tennis has declined over the years, not improved!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    When Ryoma faced Sanada did we already know Tezuka beat Sanada when they were younger? I don't remember.
    No. We didn't find that out until they played each other in the nationals. The very last chapter of the match, actually. Titled: "The whereabouts of the ball."

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. March 4th)

So, an image and a summary popped out at 2ch. Leaving them here till we get a translation.

Credits: ID:5aSIEy5iO
    Source: 2ch
    Verification: confirmed

The image had this written with it:
    ネタバレ

亜久津vsリョーガの試合中リョーマと真田が乱入、真田、次の試合で亜久津にダブルスを組まないかと持ち掛ける
    金太郎、天衣無縫へ
    Summary from the same poster
    Spoiler show

Last edited by Asclepius; February 28, 2013 at 05:26 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. March 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    So, an image and a summary popped out at 2ch. Leaving them here till we get a translation.
    SSJ? Tenimuhou no Kiwami? I can't believe. Each new chapter is more amazing!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg I can't just believe, like I said before Kintarou unlocked Tenimuhou. Oni's just screwed

As with this I declare Kintarou the strongest SPOT player even above Tezuka unless ryoma can activate again Tenimuhou. If Ryomq will achieve an even bigger improvement. Kintarous improvement this is godlike he will crush Oni now
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 28, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understood the google translation correctly, the next match is gonna be Sanada/Akutsu vs Tanegashima/Ohmagari. Expect an actual spoiler summary in about two to three hours.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz you are telling that Kintarou won?

No no, Sanada playing doubles hell no.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post

Well Sanada and Akutsu do after all have some stuff to settle with Tanegashima and Ohmogari after the thing with segway and the books from chapter... 68 was it? Around there.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post

No, the chapter ends at 6-3, 5-0 with Oni leading, but Sanada goes to the place where Akutsu faces Ryoga and tells them that they'll play in the upcoming match. So this singles match will probably end next month.

I am incredibly interested in seeing whether either of those four is going to split the ball btw.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast