Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1837

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

It's hard to say without seeing the original Japanese but techniques in Japanese often have a different way of being written compared to how it's pronounced. That said there are some really weird translation in the Chinese stuff, like Black Jack Knife is 'heavy weight gravity vertical jump attack' (and Jack Knife is 'gravity vertical jump attack). Maybe the translators are just bored while waiting for a new part to come out.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    What the hell? So Tohno can't play? Marui will replace him?

6-2, oh that was unexpected. So Ryoga, what is he saying to Ryoma?

Well, we got Niou/Atobe winning, and Duke and Kimijima/Tohno winning, so it's 2-1 first string. Next one is Sanada vs Shuuji? Sanada will definitely win.
    I think they'll pull the reverse of the Seigaku versus Rikkidai by having the MSer getting all the double spots while losing most of the single spots, which means they'd have a majority of the G10 team being MSer without winning the majority of the games. Especially with people randomly getting knocked out this means even the losers of the single games could potentially get in.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It's hard to say without seeing the original Japanese but techniques in Japanese often have a different way of being written compared to how it's pronounced. That said there are some really weird translation in the Chinese stuff, like Black Jack Knife is 'heavy weight gravity vertical jump attack' (and Jack Knife is 'gravity vertical jump attack). Maybe the translators are just bored while waiting for a new part to come out.

The chinese just find a seriies of characters that will either sound like what they want to say or mean what they want to say if it's a foreign word.

In the case of wonder castle in Japanese, it's written as such in katakana...Probably easier for the chinese translaters to just choose the meaning in this case lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    The chinese just find a seriies of characters that will either sound like what they want to say or mean what they want to say if it's a foreign word.

In the case of wonder castle in Japanese, it's written as such in katakana...Probably easier for the chinese translaters to just choose the meaning in this case lol
    They usually try to pick whatever sounds cooler, though 'cool' can be a very subjective term.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I just noticed the information was out already on the Chinese board but the thread title was "Let's go to the restroom together" so I didn't even think that was this month's info.

Kimijima calls the doctor after the match is over, so Yukimura apparently isn't completely cured of his disease yet. I got the feeling his psychic like abilities will be gone when he's back to normal because otherwise he's just a very difficult character to work with in the story. It certainly won't be the first time people changed their style due to life-altering events in POT.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura is not cured of his disease O.o

Probably to get rid of the difficult to work with, overpowered Yips.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Yukimura will use something like True Muga after he's cured. After all he's supposed to be one of the three guys who totally mastered Muga and yet he's never done anything that's remotely related to Muga, ever.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

It just occurred to me that Tohno is the one who is really play 1on3 since both Kite and Marui had a secret deal with Kimishima that involves maiming Tohno.

The last part hasn't been translated completely but Duke seems to be saying something about Tohno values the badge far more than anyone else on the team. Maybe they just set him up so that he'll stop executing his own teammates for failure. I think he'll be back, since he essentially was playing 1on3 after you factor in the two secret deals.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think Tohno and Kimijima both have show us something that proved their ranking. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this.
    It was a great match, but where did they prove they are better than Ochi?
    I thought the Execution Methods were really cool, but I don't think Kimijima went all out imo.
    Although the scoreline sums up what I expected or had hoped for. So by the scoreline you probably be right in that they proved their ranking.

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I'm now really curious as to what it means that Yukimura still needs to be cured even after that serious 50/50 operation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It was a great match, but where did they prove they are better than Ochi?
    I thought the Execution Methods were really cool, but I don't think Kimijima went all out imo.
    Although the scoreline sums up what I expected or had hoped for. So by the scoreline you probably be right in that they proved their ranking.

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I'm now really curious as to what it means that Yukimura still needs to be cured even after that serious 50/50 operation.
    Probably a way to exclude Yukimura from playing overseas and then make him reappear much stronger and now having a different playing style?

That'd be great. That he completely overcomes the disease, improves, and crushes some top 5 and gains his reign again

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably a way to exclude Yukimura from playing overseas and then make him reappear much stronger and now having a different playing style?

That'd be great. That he completely overcomes the disease, improves, and crushes some top 5 and gains his reign again
    I admit, I would enjoy Yukimura in the Top10. Hoping Konomi brings him back to play for the team then.
    I guess Konomi has to remove Yukimura and Tezuka in both series since he made them too strong for this part of the story.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

RAWS of chapter 90 is out --> http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1956954570

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Says Yukimura is going to America to finish his operation in a few days, so I'm guessing he won't be playing for a while.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Says Yukimura is going to America to finish his operation in a few days, so I'm guessing he won't be playing for a while.
    Will he become stronger there? I'm saying that even if Yukimura goes to America appart from curing from his disease, he'll probably change something or gain some power up.

Konomi might give him something great while he's there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Konomi, I would be weeding out the characters I'm not using anymore. Yukimura seems to be one of those characters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will he become stronger there? I'm saying that even if Yukimura goes to America appart from curing from his disease, he'll probably change something or gain some power up.

Konomi might give him something great while he's there.
    I think Yukimura will get downgraded just because yips/dream is a ridiculously stupid ability to have any meaningful tennis even for POT. Literally every game would come down to whether the opponent is immune to an otherwise instant win ability. It'd probably be something like Yukimura lost his yips/dream power after the surgery but it turns out those abilities don't work on any top tier characters to begin with. I can see him unsealing his 'True Muga' style or whatever Konomi deems appropriate as a replacement. It'll be strong but it won't be the unconditional instant win yips/dream was.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't yips come from his natural... aura? Why would Yuki lose them after the operation?

I think we're either not seeing him again until the end of the manga (Tezuka style... though it's just an opinion that Tezuka is gone till the World finals or something), or he'll come back when they're in this huuuge slump in some tournament later on.

ex oriente lux

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Yukimura will use something like True Muga after he's cured. After all he's supposed to be one of the three guys who totally mastered Muga and yet he's never done anything that's remotely related to Muga, ever.
    Yukimura doesn't use Muga because as he himself has said, it consumes too much energy and it's too umpredictable.

And Yukimura may not be going to America; that American doctor may very well be flown to Japan.

Also, the strategy against Tohno is pretty fowl. Setting up against your teammate? Sure, he's an asshole, but that just shows how ruthless the G10 really is.

Thread Closed
Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast