Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1974

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

  1. #1081
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Yeah, we'd seen the spoiler text before, but none of us had believed that the net was going to end up on fire.

  2. #1082
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    I think the fire came from the fact that putting enough spin on the ball to turn it into 10 balls creates extreme heat so both of them contributed to it.

  3. #1083
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post



  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #1084
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    In the end, I guess we get to see why 10 at Once is important. When we didn't see any X at Once feats in the 9/10, 3, and 7/8 matches, Kaoz had become convinced that 10 at Once was just a measuring stick of power, but not true evidence of anything. I guess we now see what Mifune meant about needing the 10 at Once, as apparently some of the matches from 5 and up are 10 at Once matches.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think the fire came from the fact that putting enough spin on the ball to turn it into 10 balls creates extreme heat so both of them contributed to it.
    Perhaps. We didn't see the net catching on fire during Kazuya and Echizen's practice session, but that was only a practice session. There are probably also techniques involved. Imagine a 10 at Once BJK or Black Tomahawk, where 10 of them are coming at you, if that's possible, which it should be. It feels a lot like Ren's description of how Bangs (Rooms) work in ToG.

  6. #1085
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Looks like I was right about two things:

    1) Kintarou was a likely choice to play Oni.
    2) Kintarou (and Sanada/Akutsu) evolved to hit 10 balls just like Echizen, and the only reason people thought they couldn't was because of lacking screentime.
    Last edited by Fayte; December 01, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #1086
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    1) Kintarou was a likely choice to play Oni.
    2) Kintarou (and Sanada/Akutsu) evolved to hit 10 balls just like Echizen, and the only reason people thought they couldn't was because of lacking screentime.
    Did anyone really doubt this? I thought both of these things were obvious. The anime even hinted it.

  9. #1087
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Did anyone really doubt this?
    You mean besides Airgrimes and the other people who take things too literally sometimes? lol

  10. #1088
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Looks like I was right about two things:

    1) Kintarou was a likely choice to play Oni.
    2) Kintarou (and Sanada/Akutsu) evolved to hit 10 balls just like Echizen, and the only reason people thought they couldn't was because of lacking screentime.
    Well, thankfully, Akutsu was put back to rest somewhere where we don't have to see him. I was someone who never wanted to see him play and saw no reason for him to play, especially not against Oni.

    Everyone had already granted that Sanada would have 10 at Once by the time he played. I wouldn't be so sure about Akutsu as he hasn't played yet, unless he's going to play against Ohmagari, with whom he did have that altercation in the library. If he plays Ohmagari, who is most likely a cut below the top 5, he won't have to have gained 10 at Once.

  11. #1089
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, thankfully, Akutsu was put back to rest somewhere where we don't have to see him. I was someone who never wanted to see him play and saw no reason for him to play, especially not against Oni.

    Everyone had already granted that Sanada would have 10 at Once by the time he played. I wouldn't be so sure about Akutsu as he hasn't played yet, unless he's going to play against Ohmagari, with whom he did have that altercation in the library. If he plays Ohmagari, who is most likely a cut below the top 5, he won't have to have gained 10 at Once.
    I'm going based on literary elements. Konomi showed only four MSers having 5 at once, and they ALL had 5 at once at the same time. In fact, Sanada, Kintarou, and Echizen all OBTAINED 5-status at the exact same time. From a literary standpoint, this suggests that all three of them are improving at the same rate. Which means if Echizen gets 10, Sanada and Kintarou do as well, regardless if Echizen is shown to have it first. I say Akutsu because I think one can make an assumption he is included as well, if he was the only other person included in the 5-ball club. I find no reason to believe Akutsu isn't in the 10-ball club now.

  12. #1090
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I'm going based on literary elements. Konomi showed only four MSers having 5 at once, and they ALL had 5 at once at the same time. In fact, Sanada, Kintarou, and Echizen all OBTAINED 5-status at the exact same time. From a literary standpoint, this suggests that all three of them are improving at the same rate. Which means if Echizen gets 10, Sanada and Kintarou do as well, regardless if Echizen is shown to have it first. I say Akutsu because I think one can make an assumption he is included as well, if he was the only other person included in the 5-ball club. I find no reason to believe Akutsu isn't in the 10-ball club now.
    Fayte, the problem with your argument here is that this isn't a novel or anything, this is a manga. Oftentimes, even though something should logically happen, it doesn't. Admittedly, a lot of times, characters just level up with the others so that they don't lag too far behind, which is seemingly the case here. The reason a lot of people argued against Kintarou having more improvement is because he already played once and Swarming the Courts (the clones) seemed to have been the upgrade that he was gaining at the time, which may have been equal in some respects to 10 at Once, but it didn't seem that he was gaining 10 at Once right now. In the future, of course, but not this moment. Sanada was seen as the second leader of the BJB, plus if he was going to play a top member of the G10, he needed 10 at Once, so there was no doubt that he was going to gian it.

    You can believe that Akutsu has 10 at Once as much as you want, but until we see it, I don't think it's that likely. I disagreed with Konomi's choice to even bring back Akutsu or to give him 5 at Once, but that's a whole different story.

    I would say that Echizen gained 10 at Once before the other two, although a lot of the evidence for that appeared to have come from the anime, which at times has actually been borderline canon lately, something that should never be happening.

    Sanada has BA, Echizen may or may not gain some aura (Hyakuren seems to no longer be on the top), and would you say that Kintarou has a fire aura now? I'm more inclined to think that the fire came from Oni as he is an Oni.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #1091
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    In the practice game they actually used 10 balls.

    It's pretty clear in the real game you only have one ball so the ball has to be moving much faster to get the same effect as actually using 10 balls. Note that this isn't the same as the techs that creates the illusion of having more balls. The ball is simply moving so fast that it's the same as if 10 balls are used at the same time so there isn't a 'real ball' to hit back unlike the illusion type techs, you have to hit all of them back to return it.

    ---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

    As for Akutsu, I got the feeling he's just going to be forgotten at least in this round, like 'whoops we hyped this guy up but there are more interesting guys to talk about', but I'm sure one of the guys who didn't really belong in the G11-20 range will get beat up by Akutsu later.

  15. #1092
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Fayte, the problem with your argument here is that this isn't a novel or anything, this is a manga. Oftentimes, even though something should logically happen, it doesn't.
    Just because it's a manga, doesn't mean my argument has a problem. Literary elements will be found in anything that can be classified as a "story." Shin PoT is a story.

    Quote Quote:
    You can believe that Akutsu has 10 at Once as much as you want, but until we see it, I don't think it's that likely.
    And this is exactly the mindset people had when I said Kintarou had 10 lol.

    Quote Quote:
    and would you say that Kintarou has a fire aura now? I'm more inclined to think that the fire came from Oni as he is an Oni.
    I just assumed the fire was from one of the techniques.

  16. #1093
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Translation of the summary:

    Ryoma figures Ryoga wants to play a game so he followed him, except Ryoga really was just going to the bathroom.

    Ryoga says that rather than challenging him to a fight, Ryoma should worry about someone who wants to challenge him. Akutsu appears in front of Ryoma.

    Oni says he doesn't want to play Akutsu.

    Kintaro plays Oni, Oni wins first 3 games and increased to 5-ball level power.

    Oni increased power level to 10-ball level. Kintaro awakens and hits all 10 balls. The friction created by the hit makes the ball as if it's on gasoline, setting the net on fire.

  17. #1094
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Ryoga says that rather than challenging him to a fight, Ryoma should worry about someone who wants to challenge him. Akutsu appears in front of Ryoma.
    TO ALL YOU GUYS WHO DOUBTED ME WHEN I SAID AKUTSU'S OBVIOUSLY GOING TO HAVE A MAJOR ROLE THIS TIME AROUND AND POSSIBLY RE-MATCH RYOMA, EAT YOUR HATS.

  18. #1095
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. December 4th)

    You're telling me Akutsu's going to be defeated a 2nd time?

    I see Kintarou defeating Oni this time, and having revenge. If Kintatou is playing again, then Yukimura might play again. With 10 balls, might be a bit crazy, but Kintarou should be Yukimura level right now, as with 10 balls you can defeat yips probably.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 01, 2012 at 02:53 AM.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts