Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
- Oni VS Momoshiro
Oni: "Who are you trying to kill with that piece of Jack Knife?"
Nakagauchi VS Krauser
Krauser: "Your gravepost is complete"
Kimijima/Tohno VS Kite/Marui
Tohno: " Get ready for your execution",
Kite: "I do believe, the execution will be yours"
Date/Ban VS Nakagauchi/Miyako
Date: "Prepare more coffins for these useless bastards"
I could go on and on, but trying to murder your opponent is the norm once you reach the U-17 Camp. Tokugawa should get a grip, and get a Nationals Representative badge.
I believe the order is Byoudouin, Ryoga, Tokugawa, Oni, Tanegashima, Duke, Irie/Ohmagari/Kaji, Kimijima, Tohno, Ochi etc.
When I say best 5, I mean the first 5 in that list. That's "Best 5" as oppose to "Top 5". Little difference I know haha.
Kaoz, there's a chance that it's some form of illusion ball, given the spin on the ball in the earlier panel.
translated the two pages for the hell of it:
Someone: To..Tokugawa-kun, Watch out!!
Golden age 116 Abuse
(TN: Or Bullying)
Someone: He was hit directly in the chin! His brains must have shaken!
Someone: Is he gonna have a concussion...!?
BGText: The Boy knows of the Great Ocean...!!
Someone: It's pointless! his consciousness is fading...He needs to give up!!
Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; December 28, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
By the time they get to the Pro level we'd find out that tennis players are the true defenders of humanity against unspeakable evils, not magical girls/super saiyans/giant mechs, but their existence is hidden via a MIB type organization.
I think it's pretty hard to top 'bring some coffins' unless someone actually died playing tennis. I know they all talk tough and stuff, but I don't see anyone topping that quote.
Well, that manga page shows why Tokugawa is willing to die to defeat Byodoin. Serious injuries there. Payback.
I got the chapters, but since I started working with Akashi Scans on getting some better scanlations out I can't release them as I normally do (especially since I got them early due to their raws).
Haven't started tling them yet, but a few notes:
- Ryoma doesn't remember Ryoga because of the Amnesia from back during the Nationals
- Rest is mostly flashback with Byoudouin slaughtering Tokugawa, but Irie and Oni step in the save him
- Irie and Oni decide not to join the Overseas team because they want to help train Tokugawa
- Tokugawa vows to become the top play to repay them
Okay, I'm not a fan of Tokugawa, but this is a legit reason by PoT Logic, to put your life on the line to defeat some other High School kid.
I think with this in mind I can enjoy Tokugawa's match way more.
Until now, we had no idea why he had such a ridiculously strong resolve to achieve an extremely common goal by PoT standards.
I'd like the Tokugawa vs Byodoin match be like Akaya vs Fuji. Fuji teaches Akaya that "Tennis is not a tool to breed hatred". I'd love to see Byodoin receive a lecture from Tokugawa.
It also shows why Irie and Oni get along with Tokugawa and why the three of them are almost near each other in the anime.
Ryoma forgetting Ryoga doesn't exactly make sense though. The movie with Ryoga isn't much canon and he has never been mentioned in the manga or anime prior to the nationals.
More notes of recent chapters:
- Nanjirou gets a phone call from Ryoga the morning after Ryoma met him. Nanjirou tells Ryoga about the amnesia and that Ryoma will remember after he plays him tennis. (I wonder how many people Ryoma still doesn't remember....Maybe his whole America trip was just to regain his memories by playing everyone tennis)
- Ryoma seems to start remembering Ryoga and they agree to a real match
- Scene Switched to Byoudouin and Tokugawa with more taunting and Oni up the promise Tokugawa made. Goes into Flashback mode
- Flashback: No one at the camp has any courage to face Tokugawa except for Byoudouin. Tokugawa mocks Byoudouin a bit and Byoudouin says that he's more than enough to murder Tokugawa.
- By Tokugawa's jersey, he was coming back from a school in Paris
- Middle of the match, Tokugawa is getting wrecked. Byoudouin is continually smacking him in the chin to knock him out then hitting him in the gut so the pain will wake him up. He continues this combination over and over again.
-Oni and Irie step in and tell him enough is enough and that his methods are cruel. Irie says something along the lines that Tokugawa has a lot of potential that shouldn't be squashed by Byoudouin
- Oni and Irie take Tokugawa to the infirmary where Irie patches him up (because Irie is training to become a doctor)
- Byoudouin had refused to let the match end saying that his way of doing things is to drive people to the brink of breaking
- Opens with Kurobe being told that Irie and Oni aren't gonna join the overseas expedition team because they want to train Tokugawa
- Kurobe asks what Byoudouin would think of that
- Oni replies that Byoudouin is the Top player now and it's his turn to deal with that.
- Queue Training montage
- Tokugawa says that he will surely pay Oni and Irie back for what they've done for him
- The reply that there's nothing to pay back. So, Tokugawa says, if he can't pay them back then he'll make them a promise.
- Back to present, Tokugawa says he will become the top player in the All Japan team.
-Byoudouin's racket has a huge hole in it where Tokugawa hit the GS. So the shot went straight through his rakcet and into his body to make him go all spinny