Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1974

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. November 4th)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. August 4th)

This suggest otherwise. There have never been any instance of power that was translated so far that suggest it is related to how much beating you can take. Mental is unclear to begin with, so it’s possible that mental have something to do with it though.

Quote Quote:
    Stamina - ?: Even if we were to assume there is room for growth in his stamina, when he was wandering the world going through special training and living the life of a hermit, he acquired a hardy and tough body.
    Also, if the oversea match is 1 set, then fine. But it's we ever saw MS participate in another round of 3 set match with this line-up ever again then bringing someone with stamina of 2 when someone with 4 stamina is even comment they might not last is an extremely bad idea. I mean sure, you can say you can train him. You can train anyone though. So that's a pretty bad argument.
    Last edited by -Ken-; July 31, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah. This thread got busy while I was stuck in Uni XD

This is beginning to sound like a "do the MSs really deserve to be 1st stringers" thread.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. October 4th)

Can't get a hold of Sai for a translation right now, but here's the first spoiler page of the month:

Thanks to Asclepius for finding it.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Of course he gets back to me right after I post - it seems that the American team has already decided 13 of their 14 MS representatives, and there are 24 candidates for the final spot.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol of course he joins the american ms team.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have hope that in the end Ryoma wouldn't join the American team.

Did Ryoma already play a match with someone from the US team?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Ryoma to play on the MS team. That's so lame. HS or bust.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from whats visible on the above scan, they dont really mention which team it is but considering ryoma left so that he could play against byodoin, he could try battling it out with those 24 people. I can also see a scenario where he has to play a match that decides whether he makes the remaining spot and if he loses he has to play in the middle school division. Its just weird that the rest of the MSers are in their own division and he plays in the HSs division. That would put a huge gap in abilities.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about that actually. What if both the MS and HS teams play in the same tournament? Of course the MS teams wouldn't be expected to get very far, but according to what Mifune said it's supposed to be training for them anyway.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That would very well be more of a baptism than training. They barely made it through the G10 challenge and if we assume that Japan U-17 is actually rather average on the world scale then the japanese middle schoolers will be crushed in the first round. Byodoin's attitude in ch.130 makes me feel like japan is rather lower down the ladder on the world stage, reflective of real life tennis. Nishikori is the first asian man to make it to a grand slam final. Even then he lives in the US.

While it is possible I just dont think its very likely that konomi will take these characters and crush them all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't interpret Byoudouin's statement that way. He's in his final year and it's his last chance to realize this goal, so with the WC presumably coming up soon, I feel like the JP team should be fairly competitive at this point. And having both teams play in the same tournament would mean Ryoma could play for the US MS team and still have a shot at facing Byoudouin.

EDIT: Especially when combined with the statement that Byoudouin just came back from trashing foreigners from around the world so badly that a fair number of them quit playing tennis, I can't see the JP team being weak with their current line-up.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Two chapters this month.

The US reps explain that they've already decided on 13 of their 14 representatives (for the HS team, Sai apparently misread this part before) and that there are 24 candidates competing for the final spot. Apparently they want to hold a tournament between the candidates, but Ryoma runs into the other ones shortly after arriving at the US camp and starts beating them one after another.

He defeats at least 15 candidates, we're unsure if he beat the other 9 as well, but it seems likely since he overcame the one Reinhardt had rated the highest. The second chapter ends with Ryoma pointing his racket at the US reps that just arrived, asking "Who's my next opponent?".
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 02, 2014 at 03:12 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This puts the MSs in a new light and the japanese team in general. If ryoma, at 12, can beat a significant amount of HSs in the US camp and US being a country where lots of top pros come to train, then the japanese team can in general just be overwhelming. Its possible that these players are just not too strong as its the 14th rep but if he beat Reinhardt's "favourite" then I guess its now possible that the MSs can play in the same tournament as the HSers.

Was it mentioned whether he used the glowing shot?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceemperor View Post
    It's not shown and there are no holes anywhere, so presumably not. You can see the Samurai in one page though and one of the opponents' gut is broken.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceemperor View Post
    This puts the MSs in a new light and the japanese team in general. If ryoma, at 12, can beat a significant amount of HSs in the US camp and US being a country where lots of top pros come to train, then the japanese team can in general just be overwhelming. Its possible that these players are just not too strong as its the 14th rep but if he beat Reinhardt's "favourite" then I guess its now possible that the MSs can play in the same tournament as the HSers.

Your comparission here is a bit silly. Ryoma would easily win against Ohmagari right now (and Japan seems to be a pretty decent team), why is it surprising that he defeated so many ¨low ranked¨ people? Would you be surprised if someone like Kevin Smith (it's an example, don't hate me) appeared out of nowhere and defeated Hakamada?

Thread Closed
Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 LastLast