Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1837

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. April 4th)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. August 4th)

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    I read some of it, after I started reading this I really got into tennis and people said I should check the old PoT out, but I didn't like that as much. I find the action of this more engaging, it's a lot more fun. The old PoT was too serious compared to this.
    Yeah, I was still a mid-teen when I took up Tennis due to PoT. It was entirely because of the Prefecturals arc.
    But what made me love PoT was the seriousness and the emotion to get through each round of a tournament for both sides.

I always felt the seriousness is what makes PoT. NPoT lacks seriousness almost completely lol.
    Like this chapter just now, Sanada feels bad about delivering a sweet forehand (iirc) to Akutsu's jaw.
    Asks to be punished, is surprised when actually punished, they shake hands... Nothing changes since Sanada still thinks he is One Piece and continues to wear the eye-patch. No seriousness haha.

Since you prefer NPoT over PoT due to the action, what are you hoping for next chapter then?

I have given up early with this match. I am open to any insanity Konomi throws at us.
    (Due to Ohmagari prancing around with Two-Rackets at once).
    Normally my mind lasts longer into the matches of NPoT, but my mind could only take 2 chapters for this match.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah, I was still a mid-teen when I took up Tennis due to PoT. It was entirely because of the Prefecturals arc.
    But what made me love PoT was the seriousness and the emotion to get through each round of a tournament for both sides.

I always felt the seriousness is what makes PoT. NPoT lacks seriousness almost completely lol.
    Like this chapter just now, Sanada feels bad about delivering a sweet forehand (iirc) to Akutsu's jaw.
    Asks to be punished, is surprised when actually punished, they shake hands... Nothing changes since Sanada still thinks he is One Piece and continues to wear the eye-patch. No seriousness haha.

Since you prefer NPoT over PoT due to the action, what are you hoping for next chapter then?

I have given up early with this match. I am open to any insanity Konomi throws at us.
    (Due to Ohmagari prancing around with Two-Rackets at once).
    Normally my mind lasts longer into the matches of NPoT, but my mind could only take 2 chapters for this match.
    You actually went and played tennis because of a manga, lol.. that's lame..

That's the fun about NPoT though, it's tennis, how serious could it actually get..
    I actually thought it was funny how he got surprised by it, hahah.

Hmm, I'm really hoping for Sanada to show some black aura, that would be soooo cool!

Two-rackets style is awesome! Ohmagari is genius, they should do this in real tennis too, then it might actually be watchable..

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    You actually went and played tennis because of a manga, lol.. that's lame..
    Fair enough, I now think you're ignorant and other negative things though since the manga Prince of Tennis increased Tennis in Japan massively.
    It was an inspiration to Kei Nishikori, Japan's highest ranked player who appears in Grand Slams, I can also add his nickname is the Prince of Tennis over there.
    But I guess people like Kei Nishikori and pretty much the many people in Japan are lame.

In fact, I might just throw in that playing a sport due to a manga is pretty much the Japanese in a nutshell so you're statement is stupid and nothing but there I'm afraid.
    Did you know that the manga Slam Dunk is the reason the majority of Japan began playing Basketball? And schools suddenly started investing in the sport?
    Did you know that Captain Tsubasa increased Soccer clubs in schools dramatically? It inspired thousands of schools to invest in their soccer clubs.
    As did Whistle! which was set to run along with the run-up to the 2002 Japan World Cup?

I could go on.

But I guess you must think the majority of Japan who make manga is lame. Right?

Anyways, considering you think Ohmagari is a genius for using two rackets and you believe that "they should do this in real tennis too" and you don't think tennis watchable...

Since you think one of the most watched Sports in the world "can't get serious"... Damn...
    I think you're trolling?

I'm done though.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So Akutsu getting Sanada up IS indeed the most exciting thing this chapter? Man, this month wait is horrible.

@Xadyu, I don't think PoT read feels awesome until Kantou final. Then it got REALLY good in term of playing super tennis. I'll recommend you read the original until the end. I don't think SPoT is even close, actually. But SPoT does have some good match, namely G10 matches not counting Gin match and Atobe vs Irie.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's all keep this calm now.

Basically, the point I was making, Xadyu, is that I've been consistently annoyed with Konomi's decision to be lazy. Yes, I know that he didn't have to give us SPoT, but I would've preferred SPoT as a weekly, not a monthly, series. This year, Konomi's really chosen to give us only the minimal, and not even that one month, amount required.

PoT wasn't just about Echizen anyway.

I want my Shuuji time, Konomi. I've waited too long. *shakes finger*

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    So Akutsu getting Sanada up IS indeed the most exciting thing this chapter? Man, this month wait is horrible.

@Xadyu, I don't think PoT read feels awesome until Kantou final. Then it got REALLY good in term of playing super tennis. I'll recommend you read the original until the end. I don't think SPoT is even close, actually. But SPoT does have some good match, namely G10 matches not counting Gin match and Atobe vs Irie.
    I'd argue that PoT was, while in a somewhat superhuman world, somewhat realistic and there wasn't magic left and right. Starting around the time of the Kantou Finals, the magic came out and we went from there. I actually target Tezuka vs Atobe as the point that marks the change in PoT. It's not a bad thing, it's just the change in the manga.

I'd say that Atobe vs Irie is head and shoulders above every other match in SPoT, although that's not necessarily saying that much.

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT was rather mediocre IMO until Nationals... Konomi really picked it up then and made the series enjoyable. Xadyu has a point though, the first few arcs were rather bland since it was pretty obvious Seigaku was going to advance due to plot power.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    the first few arcs were rather bland since it was pretty obvious Seigaku was going to advance due to plot power.
    Same with the Nationals, or you thought that Seigaku would lose against Higa and Shiten? Or that they'd lose their rematch against Hyotei and Rikkai? lol

I really liked ALL PoT (specially when new characters were introduced out of nowhere, like Sengoku, Kirihara, Atobe, etc; that obviously only happenned in the first arcs) and I enjoyed more everything pre-nationals actually. I think that most people have Kanto's final as PoT's highlight. I also really liked "real" PoT more (doubles formations, rising shot, twist serve, etc), when every move introduced was something really unexpected (obviously, Konomi can't create 200 techs, but well... )

NPoT on the other hand... it ain't that bad as we think. Guys, read it since chapter 1, it's actually really enjoyable... but the fact that we're following it and Konomi just kinda plays around with us (like, 11 "short" chapthers in 7 months? >_< ) and that not much is going on (what can we discuss? Sanada will show BA? How good is actually Shuuji? we had been talking about that since April :/ ) makes all of us say things like this:

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Pathetic, Konomi, pathetic.
    That are, actually, true.

I don't hate NPoT at all, but it's just so slow and not much is explained... what will happen with this selection? the losers can play again? how many years will it take for Konomi to show us Byoudouin's match? when will Sengoku play? ( )

Sorry if I write the same crap every 2/3 months, blame Konomi u.u

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Please keep in mind that there will be a fanbook released sometime soon
    I'm really interested in this though, is it like a PP or something? I have no idea :/

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Nvm I just googled some past fanbooks.

Awesome, a lot of info about the Hs (and some stats please) would be great.
    Last edited by Hardy; July 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. September 4th)

Some spoiler pics, seems like we're getting two chapters this month. Only linking three directly due to spoiler rules, but they can all be found in this thread: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2566633954

Spoiler show

Thanks to Phantron for providing the link and info.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, these chapters are awesome. BA + Tanegashima finally showing his skills. Apparently, he is kind of a mix between Yukimura and Jirou... OP.

2 great chaps + the databook? It kinda compensates last month... I mean it's Konomi, we can't really ask more than this

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Shuuji really is awesome. Yes! Still, I'm not liking the Yuki-esque bit.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Does this make Shuuji the true No. 1, as I postulated a long time ago, however?

Still, if Oni makes that statement, then either Sanada has to magically overcome Shuuji's awesomeness, or the match is a foregone conclusion. In true PoT style, anything that's "perfect" is overcome, sometimes questionably, so we'll see how Sanada breaks through.

Sanada's changing direction shots were interesting.

Spoiler show

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this make Shuuji the true No. 1, as I postulated a long time ago, however?
    ...no.

Byoudouin surely improved after he lost against Oni, and then he became the No.1 (his current spot). Tanegashima > Oni, yes, but he's not above Byoudouin.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

we'll see how Sanada breaks through.
    Imo, it's time for Akutsu to get an amazing upgrade.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    ...no.

Byoudouin surely improved after he lost against Oni, and then he became the No.1 (his current spot). Tanegashima > Oni, yes, but he's not above Byoudouin.
    Hardy, nothing says that Shuuji ever played against Byoudouin or what happened if he did. If Shuuji never lost to Oni, he'd be the No. 1, but he wasn't during that year (Byoudouin was away at the Mountain Camp). That either means that they drew or that Shuuji didn't care about being No. 1. Shuuji also didn't travel with the Top 20, so there's a chance that he couldn't be No. 1 at the time because of it.

When Byoudouin sees Oni pull out Kijin, he says, "There's the Oni that defeated me," as if he'd still lose to Kijin!Oni. Of course, we don't know if Shuuji faced Kijin!Oni.

Spoiler show

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, you're saying Tanegashima > Byoudouin just because he lost a match 2 years ago. "There's the Oni that defeated me" means that he didn't lose to Oni again in those years, cause the guy improved (or maybe they didn't play again... and that would be weird as there are constant matches and they've been in the same camp for 2 years). We don't know if Tanegashima and Byoudouin played a match, but we know that the latter is the number 1... and that he hasn't played in NPoT yet (really, you think that the best player in the camp would be shown now?)
    Last edited by Hardy; August 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni didn't say he lost to Tanegashima. He said this is the only guy he didn't beat. Oni emphasized on 'nothing' when he says there is nothing that Tanegashima can return. From the picture it looks like the 'nothing' is part of his technique. From the picture it looked like the Black Aura goes away when he hits the ball.

I got the feeling the reason why Tanegashima never loses is because of his technique. All you have to do is hit a perfectly normal shot to deal with his technique but then it'd be a stalemate forever if both guys are doing normal shots so while he can't be beaten, he might not necessarily be able to beat someone like Oni either. It's kind of like how Tanegashima says he doesn't want to play Irie. If he's never been beaten why is he afraid? It seems like his style would just get into an infinite loop against Irie too, who doesn't really have any fancy techniques and just does basic rallies.
    Last edited by Phantron; August 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Dude, you're saying Tanegashima > Byoudouin just because he lost a match 2 years ago. "There's the Oni that defeated me" means that he didn't lose to Oni again in those years, cause the guy improved (or maybe they didn't play again... and that would be weird as there are constant matches and they've been in the same camp for 2 years). We don't know if Tanegashima and Byoudouin played a match, but we know that the latter is the number 1... and that he hasn't played in NPoT yet (really, you think that the best player in the camp would be shown now?)
    Technically, Shuuji's the last of the HSers to make it onto the court. Kazuya's practiced with Oni, offscreened Ryoma, and then practiced with Ryoma (the one panel flashback doesn't count), and Byoudouin's showed off some of his skills in the present and had a flashback match. Oni already had a match in the present. Ryoga's shown that he has the same skillset as Byoudouin, although there's a good chance that he's just being used to strengthen Ryoma, given that he's training Ryoma and that they're going to face off. Irie, regardless of where you see him in the overall ranking, already had two matches.

What I said was that Shuuji apparently either defeated Oni or drew against him, but wasn't No. 1. Now, that would be during the time when Byoudouin was away from the Camp.

It's most likely that they never played again, Hardy, given that a lot of the supposed top HSers haven't seen Kijin!Oni, and if they were to have played again, surely it would've come out.

Shuuji easily could be the strongest player in the Camp, but he doesn't care about being No. 1. We'll see what happens going forward.

Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast